What is this hole on the steering column? Is it normal?

Wow, I just found this hole (marked in green on the picture) right behind the shift lever when I sat on the passenger seat. I don't know the name of the part (?steering column cover boot) but it is rubber. I put my finger inside but there is no extra folded rubber in it. Is this hole normal or mine missing some part? Can anyone check and upload a picture for comparison if different so that I can ask my dealer to fix? Mine is only 6 months old. Thank you. 

IMG_8523.jpg

Edited by Interleukin6

It's just not properly fit around that part. You can see where it overlaps the plastic around the shifter. It should continue along the top to go under the lip of the dash. Put the tilt all the way down and you should have some room to work it back into place.

16754432886885179476794056859839.thumb.jpg.e6f96e21954b7402b2af49c2e267e29d.jpgThere is definitely a hole there. Same on mine. But also if you notice on the hard plastic surround, the right side is in more the the left exposing this hole in the rubber boot

16754431258606824944175876503234.jpg

Edited by John F.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:27 PM, Interleukin6 said:

Wow, I just found this hole (marked in green on the picture) right behind the shift lever when I sat on the passenger seat. I don't know the name of the part (?steering column cover boot) but it is rubber. I put my finger inside but there is no extra folded rubber in it. Is this hole normal or mine missing some part? Can anyone check and upload a picture for comparison if different so that I can ask my dealer to fix? Mine is only 6 months old. Thank you. 

IMG_8523.jpg

I believe it's normal. My 20'LT has it also, and it looks like it's there by design. Not sure why though.