Titan Fuel tank

Skip H

I've bought a Titan fuel tank to replace the stock one.

Has anyone else done this conversion? Installing it is not going to be a problem, But how does one change or modify the fuel filler to take large diesel truck stop nozzles. See I have this discount card that works at TA's and a few other places...

10 hours ago, Skip H said:

I've bought a Titan fuel tank to replace the stock one.

Has anyone else done this conversion? Installing it is not going to be a problem, But how does one change or modify the fuel filler to take large diesel truck stop nozzles. See I have this discount card that works at TA's and a few other places...

I've never had a problem filling my stock 3.0 fuel tank with the semi nozzles at truck stops. When I need DEF, I will stop at a truck stop to fill up diesel and DEF.

Have you tried using a semi nozzle at a truck stop? They do fit in the filler necks.

The big truck nozzles fit in the fill tube of a 3.0 1500 just fine. Have you even tried it?

You just can’t really pull the handle all the way for full flow. I just set it to the first click on the hold open device. Still fills faster than the passenger car diesel pump. 

Following this to see how your DTE calculations work after the swap. I’m interested in doing this in the future as well, but nobody can seem to confirm how the DTE is affected on the 1500’s. 

6 hours ago, Jglew82 said:

Following this to see how your DTE calculations work after the swap. I’m interested in doing this in the future as well, but nobody can seem to confirm how the DTE is affected on the 1500’s. 

Distance to empty?

On my 2016 it will sit on 50 miles for awhile and the change to ‘LOW’ which is worthless

42 minutes ago, Aubie_01 said:

Distance to empty?

On my 2016 it will sit on 50 miles for awhile and the change to ‘LOW’ which is worthless

Yes, distance to empty. I meant the new T1 trucks with VIP architecture, though. Conflicting info on them out there. 

Edited by Jglew82

17 hours ago, Aubie_01 said:

Is this the larger tank?  Could it be used for gas trucks?

It cant be advertised for a gas truck because the gas tank is considered part of the emissions system....which cant be tampered with or parts sold to tamper with. Kinda whats going on for diesel trucks presently with the EPA hunting down vendors and tuners. The fuel tank on a diesel is not considered part of the emissions system...I'm told which is why they can sell it. BUT....even though it is not advertised as a gas tank...I am sure you can use it. 

On 2/16/2023 at 11:12 AM, Dirk13 said:

The big truck nozzles fit in the fill tube of a 3.0 1500 just fine. Have you even tried it?

You just can’t really pull the handle all the way for full flow. I just set it to the first click on the hold open device. Still fills faster than the passenger car diesel pump. 

Yup, Works just like you said.

Thanks,

SkipH

• 3 weeks later...