Unable to fill gas tank faster than a trickle.

I dont see any TSB's on this. Did you have any work done on the truck?  Possible kink in filler hose. Worse is if someone tried to steal you're gas, they may have broken  a siphon hose inside the filler neck. A camera will nee to be place in filler neck

You either have a Vent problem or an issue with the EVAP system. Both can cause this.

The vent system is easy to damage if one  insist on constantly pumping every drop into tank every time they fill them.

This is not just GM thing most modern vehicles can be damaged this way. The cap less fillers are bad for this as well.

• Like 1

Hey Everyone, thanks for the input, I'm getting the sense that it has to do with the EVAP system. I'm going to check the solenoid that's supposed to activate when you turn off the vehicle to fill it up. My truck has the capless filler and I did have the habit of topping it off just to round it up the next full dollar, guess I won't be doing that anymore. Thanks again for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

When my truck is close to empty, it will stop flow for first few gallons.  If I hold pump handle to 3 o'clock, it will allow full flow.  After a few gallons, I can rotate it to 6 o'clock to fill rest of tank.  It's a workaround.  For me, better than wrestling with service department.

On 3/27/2023 at 11:55 AM, Jake B said:

Hey Everyone, thanks for the input, I'm getting the sense that it has to do with the EVAP system. I'm going to check the solenoid that's supposed to activate when you turn off the vehicle to fill it up. My truck has the capless filler and I did have the habit of topping it off just to round it up the next full dollar, guess I won't be doing that anymore. Thanks again for your input.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Jake B.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2021 Chevrolet Silverado. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Jake B/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com