passenger rear window issues

been having intermittent issues with passenger rear window not responding all the time.   well, a week ago she finally quit all together.  of course, it was rolled down - couldn't get it rolled up.  took apart driver master switch and cleaned it - no dice.  remove rear passenger switch cleaned it - no dice.  swapped with other rear window switch - no dice.

finally, upon the advice of you good people - I split open the wire casing on the driver door and a blue wire was broke.  I spliced it back together and all is well.  now, a week or more later, it will roll down, but not roll up.  they only way to roll it up is from the master switch.

splicing that blue wire back together was a PITA - it may not be perfect.  I plan to reattempt and actually solder it.  

is there anything else I can try?

2011 Silverado LT 4x4

• 1 month later...

There's different wires for down and up. I'm guessing when it came apart, it might have grounded or something. Check fuses and then check the up wire (Autozone.com had wiring guides for my rig). I bet a fuse blew when it tried to ground maybe?

I had to run alligator wires direct to my motor to test it before. Just make sure you ground it to real metal.