Windshield Cleaning

diyer2

No tint film, right? Cold water, vinegar and ammonia and NEWS PRINT. My first summer job in high school was doing storm windows in the fall. No such thing as microfiber then, right? 😉 Might work as well or better perhaps. 

If you have tinted film. Use NOTHING but Invisible Glass and a microfiber of short nap length. 

Been using newspaper for years. We get a free supply due to a weekly free local newspaper. 

Tried all the glass cleaners and home maid glass cleaners.

My latest test was using a magic sponge first, vinegar, water, newspaper.

I have used both of these.

This works well, premixed https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hope-s-32-fl-oz-Glass-Cleaner/3140709

Mix your own https://usa.ungerglobal.com/product/easy-glide-glass-cleaner/ 

• Like 1

You look for products to make life easier when you get older. I went on Amazon to find an extended window cleaning thingy. They come with their own cleaning pads and a water spray bottle. May not be as good as newspaper. But my neck, back and shoulders thank me. 

• Like 1

I detail for a living.  I have tried a TON of specialty cleaners (including newsprint which worked pretty well), but the best thing I have found is a magic eraser sponge (not sheets) and water/vinegar:

1. Mix 1:1 ratio of white vinegar and the hottest water you can handle.  You really only need 1 or 2 cups of each, not a full bucket.
  2. Dip magic eraser sponge into water, squeeze out excess, and wipe entire glass.  Some sponges have a "rougher" side; if so use it.
  3. Immediately wipe dry with a microfiber towel.  Make sure to go over it in many directions when you dry it.
  4. I usually do the inside windows first then move to the outside.  Believe it or not you can actually see any inside streaks better that way when you look through from the outside.  Then go back and hit the inside again if you find any (but usually the final wipe with the microfiber keeps it from streaking).

A few things to remember:

• NEVER do it in direct sunlight or after the glass has been baking in the sun.  Let it cool first.
  • NEVER do it if your windows have aftermarket tint (factory is okay since it's actually embedded in the glass).

• Thanks 1