Trucks you have owned

1978 C2500 dually that I had built a bed for. 454 that could pull stumps but it rusted away around the chassis.

1994 F150 Flareside that was a warrenty nightmare. Every month something else would break besides ongoing problems with the drive line and upholstery.

1989 Bronco with 351 HO that couldn't get out of it's own way. It was fun while I had it though.

1995 C2500 dually I moved the bed from the 1978 C2500 onto it. Smogged out 454 but it would still pull. I should have waited 6 months because they raised the HP output by 50.

1997 K1500 Silverado. After the bottom end was replaced because of a rod knock and the trans blew out 1st, 3rd and reverse all within 22,000 mi. I never had much faith in it so I traded it in at 60,000 mi.

2003 K1500 Silverado, this truck had teething issues, especially factory brakes. After I get those ironed out I really learned to love this truck. I traded it in at 128,000 mi but none too soon.

2010 Silverado Still getting to know this truck.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here it goes...

1980 Dodge D-50 was my first. My parents bought it from my Uncle with 20K miles on it. Mitsubishi origin, german designed I4. Rebuilt it from the ground up when I was 18 with help from my Dad. It was a black truck with gold trim and gold wheels. Sounds funky, but this truck was gorgeous. Had air ajustable shocks and the back end gearing was lowered a bit to make it super torquey. Sun roof, sheep skin seats. My teenage idea of a chick magnet.

1994 Chevy short-wide Tex/Ok package. First truck I bought on my own 100% after college. Loved it, but later decided I needed an extended cab. I drove this one for 18 moths. Paid $14,100 for it, traded it in for $13,900. Beat that in resale today! Almost like driving free for a year and a half.

1996 Chevy Extended Cab with the 5.0L V8. Drove this one a LOT in the 3 years I owned it. I had a daily commute of about 100 miles one way, plus moving twice. And engine block issue made me consider something newer...

2000 Chevy Extended Cab with the new at the time 5.3L V8. This truck was one of the best I've owned or driven. I put fiberglass step side along the bottom to appease my wife who was pregnant at the time. Made it really look good, but it was very low to the ground from what I was used to. That with a folding hard bed cover, I could get up to almost 24 MPG out of this sweet truck when I would drive it nice on the highway! Usually at least 21MPG. Around town though I loved to punch it at the green light so got around 12. Drove it almost 9 years. Only problem I had was that 3 of the original tires were "out of round" from the factory. Getting GM to replace them was a long process that was not very nice. I'll never own another set of Goodyear, that's for sure.

In late 2008 I decided I needed a change. I wanted a Tahoe, but didn't have the means for that pricey of a vehicle. And the Traverse looked good in all other ways. So I bought a 2009 Traverse AWD loaded. About $10K less than the Tahoe I'd like to have had, more room inside and much better MPG. I loved this vehicle, and the AWD saved my butt so many times. But in the end it just wasn't my style. Torn on what to do, I asked Santa what would fit me, and...

2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 Crew Cab. You can see my info on this sweet ride in the new members section here. Yeah BABY! Back to my roots, and lovin every mile of it. :mad:

Nargg

...The biggest complaint I have from riding in other F-150s is Ford seems to do their seats real firm, which I don't like too much. I guess I'll just have to update this post in June/July with the results. :mad:

I have a good friend who is a Ford truck driver. I'm a Chevy truck type. We both have good thoughts about each others trucks, but it took us a while to figure out why we had our choice in brand. We found that there is enough difference in the way Ford and Chevy build the interior size and fit to push most folks one way or the other. Basically due to how you feel in the seat. In other words, we have very different frames in our body size and type. To simplify, I have a long torso, and he has long legs. We are basically the same height but quite different from top to bottom. He feels more comfortable in a Ford driver's seat, and I feel 100% at home in a Chevy driver's seat. When we switch, it's almost uncomfortable. We see almost everything else to be 100% identical between his Ford's and my Chevy's.

1984 S10 - customized with 2.8L MPFI from an 86 camaro, radar blue metallic from 1995 S10 truck color, full interior, summer truck only

1985 S10 - parts truck

1978 Monte Carlo - 305 with headers side pipes cam, did it with my dad

1991 S10 - winter beater

1998 S10 - emergency buy to replace the 1991 beater.... wiring issue no one could figure it out... mice

2003 S10 - xtreme 4.3L 5spd - fun truck

2009 Silverado - Current truck, most versatile for sure and my first 4x4

1990 SCSB Silverado 5 speed (sold and regret!!!!!!!!!!!)

1999 SCSB S10 ZQ8 package i beleive

2000 ECSB step side GMC Sierra SLT

1994 Chevrolet Fullsize Blazer Sport 4X4

2002 SCSB step side GMC Sierra SL

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe 2 door 2 wheel drive

2004 ECLB GMC Sierra Dually Duramax LLY

2008 Lincoln Navigator Limited Edition Monochrome

1999 ECSB step side GMC Sierra SLE

1997 ECSB GMC Sierra SLE

2009 CCSB Silverado (current)

1990 SCSB Silverado 5 speed (bought to make up for my old regret) current project

1972 Chevy C10 - Reg cab long bed 2wd straight six. Loved the truck (more for it's nostalgia value, but it did have a comfy ride with that plush bench) but couldn't stand the rusted gas tank. Couldn't put more than a half tank in it, had to change the little fuel filter under the hood every 40 miles or so (rust clogged it lol) and gas leaked into the cab, she was fun while it lasted :cheers:

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd manual

2005 Wrangler Rubicon 4.0L 6spd manual, Loaded - Hated both of them. The 97 wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, but it was ALWAYS broke. The 2005 I just hated period. Too much to list, but they were both VERY unreliable. Motors, Transmissions(PLURAL), axle shafts, U joints, axle seals, electric parts etc etc etc.

5 or 6 S10 blazers. One boxy body, the rest the newer round body. Excellent trucks, probably my favorite. Have yet to find anything that will drive better in the snow, although the ABS was crap. Pulse rate set too fast, wouldn't stop at all if it kicked in. Most GM's do that though

04 Pathfinder - Dumped it after a month, electrical problems that couldn;t get fixed

03 2500HD Chevy, 6.0L gas 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed - Awesome truck. Intermediate shaft drove me a little nuts, but LOVED the room. Hated the 8 ft bed. Didn't need that much bed, and traction was HORRID. If any wheel touched grass it was stuck. If it snowed it was stuck. If it rained it would spin relentlessly. Really wanted the 6.0, but I grew to hate it. CC LB didn't help, but the motor seemed to have less power than a 5.3 and if I hit more than 10 mpg I was doing AWESOME. Really loved the truck otherwise, just couldn't deal with it getting stuck on the farm so easy and the mpg was killing me (this was back when gas spiked to over $4.00 / gallon).

2010 Silverado 1500 LT - ECSB 4x4 - Love the truck. Seriously love it. I know I will never keep it forever, I get bored with vehicles easy, but I COULD. Couple little things drive me crazy like no A2DP bluetooth media with the bluetooth package, NO CARGO LIGHT, thin sheet metal, low ground clearance etc. but the pros far outweigh the cons. The MPG with the 5.3, 3.08s, and 6spd trans is unbelievable for a pick up and the power is still better than my 2500 when all is said and done. Truly love the truck. I drive a lot of 6.2s at work, I really love the power, but I am not sure I would even switch to one and risk losing the MPG. I guess we will see later on. I'm definitely not dumping this one until the second year of the new body style coming out.

1987 Dodge Ram 150 - Silver and black with red interior, faded paint, dirty carpet, handled like a kite, but I had a truck and my buddies didnt.

Dislikes: No A/C, Passenger side window didnt work, had been wrecked

1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ - Red with a busted windshield and a fender with no paint, rusty steel wheels, torn seats, and cheap skinny mud tires, but I was bad ass in it.

Dislikes: 4cyl

1996 Chevrolet 2500 single cab - I loved this truck and drove it from the time I was a Jr. in HS until I graduated College. Had no dislikes but I wrecked it and sold it to prevent having to make too many repairs as a result of the wreck.

1986 Ford F250 - Given to me by my father-in-law to fix up. Icalled it the "Big Brown Turd". Painted the interior black, replaced the seat, built a custom bed for it, painted the truck with a roller and some Rustoleum paint. It was a great farm truck.

Dislikes: NO A/C

2000 Jeep Wrangler - Very clean and sharp looking Jeep. All the same likes as the other one, same dislikes too.

2006 GMC Sierra 2500 CC (non HD) - Loved the truck. ONly dislike was it wasnt 4wd.

1995 Toyota Tacoma - BOught it in a hurry. It had a 6" lift and was fairly worn out. Drove it a month and sold it. Never really liked it.

2001 Chevrolet S10 ZR2 - Bought to replace the Yota. Loved it for 2 years, then the baby came. Stripped off all my mods and sold it on Christmas eve.

Likes: great small truck that was completely personalized with more mods than I can remember.

Dislikes: the V6 just didnt have enough umph when I added the extra weight and bigger tires.

2005 Chevrolet 1500 Z71 - Own it now. Love it. I just wish it was taller by about 4".

1.84 ford ranger i dont know what was done to it but it was silly fast.

2.68 F100 I think it had the 351 Cleveland super fast smoked a old corvette with it until the oil pressure dropped to 0.

3.87 Ford bronco turd...bought brand new first week i was replacing the rear no i didnt kill the truck neither i babied it and still blew.

4.88 mustang turd... waterpump blew out,then trans,rear then dropped a rod.

5.87 chevy blazer 2.8 bulletproof 196,000 miles i took it from deptford nj to delaware every weekend with a beat tranny and iced tea in the rad and still sold it for 450.

6.88 chevy blazer 2.8 bulletproof 187,313 miles truck ran forever until i got hit by a kid who just bought a brand new saturn.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne. It was a great truck. I built the 350 mildly and it had a pretty hot 350 turbo. I enjoyed that truck. But I sold it for twice what I had in it so I couldn't resist.

1991 Chevy Blazer S10 4x4. Best truck I've ever owned. 280K miles and it was still going strong. It had the 4.3 and the auto and was an absolute rock. I took that Blazer places that Jeep guys couldn't go. I pulled out Tacomas, Jeeps, fullsizers and everything in between. It was just an all around awesome truck. I sorely regret selling that truck.

1999 Chevy Silverado Standard Cab Shortbed. This has been a really solid truck so far. It's got 187K on it now. I beat it up quite a bit and it never backs down.

I've had excellent experiences with my Chevy trucks.

91 Chevy Regular Cab 5 speed V6 my first new vehicle purchase $10300 out the door. Black

94 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab Z71 4X4 Traded the 91 on it. Teal Green

2000 Chevy Silverado Exteneded Cab Z71 4X4 Black

2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71 Black

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71 Red

2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 Prerunner Sport White

2007 GMC Sierra Extended Cab Black

My wife has an 07 Hummer H3 Black

26 Years old- 7 trucks in 10 years.

1986 Dodge Power Ram 150 4x4 RC/LB- Likes- First Car Dislikes- Rust Bucket 21934_1342614322975_1159726653_31083894_4200358_n.jpg

1993 Dodge Power Ram 150 4x4 RC/SB- Likes- First Nice Vehicle, magnum 5.2, Dislikes- Grampa Gold/Black 2 tone, Peeling paint although it still looked nice 21934_1342614282974_1159726653_31083893_1416666_n.jpg

1994 Chevy k1500 Silverado 4x4 Ext. Cab- Likes- Power everything, that digital climate control, reliable over 30k miles with 120k on it when I bought it. My first really "Modded" truck. Dislikes- CAB CORNER RUST OUT.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4x4- Likes- low miles, 4 doors, looked nice. Dislikes- Mechanical nightmare, doors started rusting out 21934_1342614362976_1159726653_31083895_2911462_n.jpg

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport 4x4- Likes- Crew Cab 4 door, Likes- power everything/Leather. My 2nd Modded Truck Reliable and cheap to own for a few years. Dislikes- Increasingly became less reliable. Left us stranded once out of town. again, Rust in the Cab corners. n1159726653_30339449_8092.jpg

2005 Ford F-350 Super Duty 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel Ext. Cab 4x4. - Likes DIESEL POWER, Could pull anything (when it ran). The diesel sound and "coolness factor" the buckets were nice too. Dislikes- They don't call them 6.oh-no's for nothing. Over 8k in mechanical repairs right after purchase and it was starting to smoke again before I got rid of it. Only got 15 mpg. avg. Not enough to justify higher fuel costs and maintenence. Owned 4 months. 40499_1549869304220_1159726653_31633498_4406691_n.jpg

2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab 4x4 LS- Likes- FIRST NEW TRUCK. Got sick of repairs and po's who obviously never washed the trucks in the winter. Best deal out there for a decently equipped vehicle. Dislikes- 2wd stance, Crap stock tires, ugly wheels ( you can't have a great price without a few trade offs though)

1988 Chevy K1500- Good truck, liked the 4x4, had a good strong 350, But a crap body and in a bad deal got sent down the line.

1991 GMC K2500- My baby- Currently dead, and awaiting resurrection, but this thing will do anything I ask and more. Plus its a Ext Cab :crazy:

1994 Ford F-250 XL- (First off, yes, Its not a GM) This is my "winter beater" and daily driver, Has a 300 Inline 6 and 2wd, gets me around nicely, not horrible on gas.

• 7 months later...

-1996 Chevy S 10, 4 cyl 5 speed, brown on black interior. Awesome first car, took a merciless beating

-1999 GMC Sierra 4x4 SCSB, 4.8, pewter on black interior My favorite truck ever

-Just picked up my 2008 SCSB Z71. Black on black, 5.3. I've had it for 4 days and I absolutely love it, just doesn't have the sentimental value of my silver one yet

Archived