How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

2003 with 42k-although only 10k the past 2 years (company car)

Only trouble is the steering shaft and recalls on tailgate cables and rear seatbelt. I got my scratched up tailgate repainted for free with the cable recall, so that was a nice add-on.

As soon as my extended warranty is up next year, can you spell SUPERCHARGER....

The my name will be veryblack+verylong+veryfast

This is the best toy I've ever bought!

2003 with 42k-although only 10k the past 2 years (company car)

Only trouble is the steering shaft and recalls on tailgate cables and rear seatbelt. I got my scratched up tailgate repainted for free with the cable recall, so that was a nice add-on.

As soon as my extended warranty is up next year, can you spell SUPERCHARGER....

The my name will be veryblack+verylong+veryfast

This is the best toy I've ever bought!

Hi all,

Just wanted to thank all of you for your input on the number of miles you put on your trucks. It really is good to know that most of you are having very good reports on the the 6.0 liter motor. I hope I have the success that you are having. I only have one major complaint and that is with the leather seats. Mine are coming apart and I have not put any hard use miles on this truck. It has not been used as a work truck mostly used to tow my boat. The leather seems to be very thin - anyway was not covered by warranty. Thanks again. John (second try - must have hit the wrong key)

My wife's truck has just short of 60K on it's 6.0, no issues. Just a little csk.

We bought her truck with 54K on it, however, I know the previous owner and his only complaints were replacing the A/C switch on the A/C receiver dryer twice.

I have towed my gooseneck trailer with a Bobcat on it behind her truck, approx 10,500lbs, and it motored on like a champ.

We probably will have this rig for a long time.

My wife's dad however, has a GMC with the 4.8L engine. Essentially the same engine as the 6.0L, and his truck is approaching well over 150,000mi.

GM hit a homerun with the 6.0L engine, it is a shame they struck out in their next at-bat by discontinuing the 8.1L engine.

I was just curious as to how many miles some of you have on your 6.0 liter motors without any problems. With the cold engine knock etc, it would interesting to here how many miles you have on this motor. Thanks for your input.

i have 22k miles on my 6.0 and it has never had a knock

Sittin at 41,000 on my 02 2500hd. engine has started making "funny" noises recently, i thought it was because i drove it too hard a couple days. I haven't decided if I'm going to take it in for a check up or not. most of the noise is when the engine is cold. haven't had any problems at all though to speak of!

I'm at 186,9xx miles on my '01 2500HD. I bought it about a month ago with 185,443 on the clock. The 6.0L has a little cold start knock, but it runs great. If there is one good thing about GM, they sure know how to build a gas pushrod V8! I also have a 2002 Trans Am that I bought new, it is equipped with the LS1, and with 63k miles of dealing with my heavy right foot, runs as good, if not better than the day I drove it off the lot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rolled 48,000 yesterday on my '04. Been lifted since 1,600 miles. Always towed 50%. (Last week dragged my 7000# RV up a 2 mile 50% grade after a 250 mile highway tow = 2 MPG inst fuel econ WOOOHOOO!)

• No engine/drivetrain issues (other than CEL recently because of dirty MAF)
  • Paint worn off radio buttons
  • Passenger power window motor on last leg
  • Me thinks am developing the dreaded steering clunk

I wish GMs trim and other mechanical items held up as good as the powertrain now does... Let's see if the tranny will make it past the old 75K threshold.