Chevrolet Impala returns in style for 2014

The Silverado and Sierra are NOT the same truck, that's why they have different sales figures. They are similar but they are definately NOT the same truck overall. The entire exterior of the trucks are totally different, that's why they do it that way. Two trucks offered are better than being stuck with one

LOL......can't wait to "rent" one!

EDIT : why don't they just offer them under the Chevrolet banner instead of branding of GMC?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found a interesting site for what I was looking for http://online.wsj.co...-autosales.html

Nice chart. Thanks.

Looks like the full size cars are not doing too well presently.

When I was a youngin' all families had a full size car in driveway. Mid-size and compacts were for little old ladies and whimps. Foreign cars were for college professors and those that lived off the grid.

Times . . . they are a changing.

The Silverado and Sierra are NOT the same truck, that's why they have different sales figures. They are similar but they are definately NOT the same truck overall. The entire exterior of the trucks are totally different, that's why they do it that way. Two trucks offered are better than being stuck with one

LOL......can't wait to "rent" one!

EDIT : why don't they just offer them under the Chevrolet banner instead of branding of GMC?

When I rent cars I prefer to get American cars. My last few rental cars have been a 2009 Pontiac G6 GXP (now own one but base model), Chevy Impala. and a Buick LaCrosse

I hope good things are planned for GM in the future.

I agree..........They need to start planning a fix for the 6 speed transmission issues with my 2012 Cruze. The thing is terrible and not getting any better!

????? . would be nice. I did hear the cruze tranny hunts alot for a gear it wants .... on a youtube vid comparing the focus vs the cruze . the verdict was the cruze was not nearly as smooth as the focus or as fast and on there opinion they felt the focus had a more refined interior and the cruze used a lot of hard plastic. They said they liked the steering wheel better on the cruze but everything else they said was kinda cheapish they felt with alot of hard plastics . They also said the road noise was alot more noticeable in the cruze .

The Focus has a dual clutch gearbox and supposedly now it's better but early on it had tons of issues with smooth operation and lots of failures even. I've driven the Cruze a few times as a rental and never noticed any gear hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Cruze LS (base model) to replace my Cobalt for back and forth to work. I like it so far overall, just a few issues. The transmission is sometimes ruff and feels like it's slipping while going down the highway. When shifting into reverse then giving some gas, the rpm's climb then it jerks into gear, probably because they go into neutral when you apply the brake?

I also noticed a strange smell when either the heat or a/c is on, and it's NOT a "new" smell, actually a foul odor, like manure....Doesn't happen all the time but when it does you can definately smell it. From following the Cruze forums, seems like a lot of people have this issue and there really isn't any fix for it from GM. IOt may be from sitting on dealer lot, I don't know. Haven't really used heat much but did have the a/c on today and got a gof wiff of it. It got to the point where I had to put the window down because I couldn't take it anymore. Also an anti-freeze odor outside the car after it has been run, not leaks though and no coolant loss, not sure what's going on.

....The car handles great and rides smooth and quiet IMO. I didn't get it to go fast, got it for a "cheap" 4 cyl. car that's easy on gas for work. Don't want to run my truck into the ground 7 days a week.

I am thinking the transmission, being a 6 speed will eventually smooth out after it goes through the learning phase like my truck did. Only 1500 miles so far and it's not bad. Seems to have gotten a little better after about 800 miles OR I am just getting used to it?. Overall, pretty comfortable little car to drive. Going to have the vent odor and coolant odor checked out when oil is changed. Guess I will have dealer do first service in case something is wrong.

Why can't they get it right. You would think after 100 years you would figure out how to make a good car. Honestly with all the money for development etc, new cars should have no issues out the door.

Why can't they get it right. You would think after 100 years you would figure out how to make a good car. Honestly with all the money for development etc, new cars should have no issues out the door.

That's absurd- no matter how good a job they do in initial testing the test will always be when it gets in the hands of the consumer. Hell, even $300,000+ supercars aren't perfect- newer Ferraris and Lambos tend to catch fire rather often.

Archived