2010 Gmc 5.3l Mileage

Hi ya'll I'm new to the forum.. :P .. I love my GM vehicles I have a 1995 K1500 Silverado 208,000 +miles (my daily driver) 21.5 mpg was my best with this truck, 5.7L / 4L60E / 3.42 gears.

My new truck is a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 EXT-CAB SLT (All-Terrain Pkg) Z71 4X4, one SWEET Ride!!! :thumbs: I have the 5.3L with the 6L80E (6-Speed) tranny and 3.42 rear-end. I took a trip 90% interstate driving around 60+ miles and I averaged 24.7mpg. This only has 1,100 miles on her. Shes 100% stock, I did have half the gas tank 87 octane and filled up the rest with 93 octane when I did this run.

I'll try and post pictures of her....in the mean while I tell a little more about it; onyx black, ebony/titanium leather seats, heated and memory seats, basically everything but navigation and sunroof.

Tell me what ya'll think?

Daniel

Damn..... that's some awesome fuel economy!

I'm lucky to get 18 MPG highway on my '08 with the 5.3, 4-speed and 3.73 gears.

I just took my first road trip this weekend that didn't involve towing something, and I was surprised at the mileage. I even did about 30 miles of low speed 4 wheeling, and with the same truck as you, I got 19.9 mpg. My DIC is usually off about .5 mpg, so even then, it's be over 19 mpg.

I also took the chin spoiler off, as I was afraid some of the stuff where I was going might remove it for me.

Hi ya'll I'm new to the forum.. :P .. I love my GM vehicles I have a 1995 K1500 Silverado 208,000 +miles (my daily driver) 21.5 mpg was my best with this truck, 5.7L / 4L60E / 3.42 gears.

My new truck is a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 EXT-CAB SLT (All-Terrain Pkg) Z71 4X4, one SWEET Ride!!! :uhoh: I have the 5.3L with the 6L80E (6-Speed) tranny and 3.42 rear-end. I took a trip 90% interstate driving around 60+ miles and I averaged 24.7mpg. This only has 1,100 miles on her. Shes 100% stock, I did have half the gas tank 87 octane and filled up the rest with 93 octane when I did this run.

I'll try and post pictures of her....in the mean while I tell a little more about it; onyx black, ebony/titanium leather seats, heated and memory seats, basically everything but navigation and sunroof.

Daniel

sorry but i am having trouble believing that you got over 20mpg with a 350.....

Looks like you guys are gettin pretty lucky with the mileage. I have been tracking mine since day 1 and I am nearly completely an interstate driver. My overall mpg is right at 16.2 now at nearly 9k miles. My best tank was 20.3 (tailwind) with a low of around 13.5 (headwind). I also have the LH6 5.3L in a crew cab z71 4X4 with the 6L80E and 3.42 gears. I am however definitely seeing an improvement in my overall mpg now that the summer blends are hitting the pumps. Wonder if the VVT is helping the numbers for 2010 trucks some. Just as a note I ran three full tanks of 93 octane as a test and didn't see any improvement or decline in my mpg so I switched back to 87. I may have to do another test on the summer blend to see if there is a difference.

Damn..... that's some awesome fuel economy!

I'm lucky to get 18 MPG highway on my '08 with the 5.3, 4-speed and 3.73 gears.

I am getting 28 out of mine with the same set up. :uhoh:

(please note that I did not specify 28 of what )

My new truck is a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 EXT-CAB SLT (All-Terrain Pkg) Z71 4X4, one SWEET Ride!!! :uhoh: I have the 5.3L with the 6L80E (6-Speed) tranny and 3.42 rear-end. I took a trip 90% interstate driving around 60+ miles and I averaged 24.7mpg. This only has 1,100 miles on her. Shes 100% stock, I did have half the gas tank 87 octane and filled up the rest with 93 octane when I did this run.

Daniel

sorry but i am having trouble believing that you got over 20mpg with a 350.....

This is 100% true I did indeed recieve 21.5mpg with my 1995 K1500 350 engine. This was slighty less than 100 mile trip of 55-60 miles-per-hour of interstate. I filled up the tank with 93 octane right before I started the trip, reset the trip meter, than on the way back filled up took the miles driven divided by the gallons took to re-fill the tank which equaled around 21.474 (something in this nature this was a while back). You've got to be SUPER EASY on the gas pedal / a little hypermiling. Now when I averaged a full tank I got little above 19mpg.

Something is broken with mine. I have never gotten above 18.1 mpg average and that was a flat 400 mile trip both ways empty on a nice day. I have a 4.8 4spd with 3:42 rear. Not that I'm calling you guys liars, but I average 13-14 mpg each and every tank, about 75% highway and 25% city.

Ok, my honest mileage is about 15 MPG city, and 17-18 MPG highway when cruising around 75 MPH. That's an '06 crew cab Z71 4x4, 5.3, 3.73 gears, no AFM. I have never seen 20 or more out of this truck. All mileage numbers are based on refilling an empty fuel tank and dividing the miles driven by the number of gallons pumped into the tank, not some useless DIC display.

Ok, my honest mileage is about 15 MPG city, and 17-18 MPG highway when cruising around 75 MPH. That's an '06 crew cab Z71 4x4, 5.3, 3.73 gears, no AFM. I have never seen 20 or more out of this truck. All mileage numbers are based on refilling an empty fuel tank and dividing the miles driven by the number of gallons pumped into the tank, not some useless DIC display.

I use the DIC as a gauge...but do my mpg calcsa by hand when I fill up. DIC is off by about .5 mpg.

Archived