2010 2500hd Questions Afm Or Not ?

Derekmd

Hello, longtime lurker first time poster. Recently traded my 2008 1500 Silverado 5.3 with AFM/DOD for a 2010 2500HD 6.0l. The 5.3l had 55000 kilomotres on it, No issues, Ive recently been reading about issues with the AFM and lifters. As far as i know my 2500hd does not have AFM nor is available but i cant seem to find a straight answer on this. Any information would be great. Have read through many posts but I have not seen a definate answer if the 2500hd 6.0l is available with AFM. Seems the 1500 with the 6.0l has afm but unsure about the 2500hd 6.0l? Thanks in advance for any information.

• 2 months later...
You are better off without AFM. Its an oil comsumption nightmare! LOL

*Can be - just as any other motor. Not to start a pissing match but some AFM don't consume any more oil then a non AFM motor. Example mine has almost 6k on this oil change and the dip stick has maybe dropped 1/4" over this time.

AFM is like OLM IMO - lots of time and well thought out engineering behind it but in the end it is mostly a marketing ploy. Does it improve milage. To some extent I'm sure but nothing truly noticable that couldn't be more easily and succesfully achieved by changing your driving habits.

Archived