Handgun Owners, Do You Carry All The Time?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jax is 1/10th the size of the largest city land-wise, and is #5 in regards to largest US cities in area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unite..._cities_by_area

Largest in the lower 48 is your claim to fame :D

/OKC is #8

:D

The list is headed by consolidated city-counties and so may include significant portions of rural areas or even wilderness.

I didn't think about Alaska because of the bolded text above. Things are different up there...just look at Sarah Palin if you need more proof. :)

Had my license for almost 3 years now and carry all the time where I'm legally allowed...I'm never in the places that I'm not allowed to so it never affects me except restaurants that serve alcohol. We (Ohio) are trying to pass the law so we can but it just recently got shot down.

90% of the time my carry gun is my S&W titanium .357 snub nose...it's in my pocket as I type... :D

As far as the person from Michigan who mentioned purchasing alcohol at a gas station and it being illegal while carrying I'm willing to bet that is not Michigan law but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

img1331yt2.jpg

my god hollow points, if you use that thing you don't want to kill anybody

Why the question on hollow points? Hollow points are the ONLY ammo you should use for personal defense. FMJ should only be used at the range & target practice.

my question is why use a 357 for self defense? a 9mm would do just fine...the average criminal isen't going to wear full plated kevlar to rob you

For a revolver 357 is all I would carry. 38 isn't powerful enough in my opinion and anythin bigger is too much. The FBI and Secret Service and countless poloce depts. used 357 for years quite effectively- it is a powerful round but far from overkill.

Had my license for almost 3 years now and carry all the time where I'm legally allowed...I'm never in the places that I'm not allowed to so it never affects me except restaurants that serve alcohol. We (Ohio) are trying to pass the law so we can but it just recently got shot down.

90% of the time my carry gun is my S&W titanium .357 snub nose...it's in my pocket as I type... :D

As far as the person from Michigan who mentioned purchasing alcohol at a gas station and it being illegal while carrying I'm willing to bet that is not Michigan law but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

img1331yt2.jpg

my god hollow points, if you use that thing you don't want to kill anybody

Why the question on hollow points? Hollow points are the ONLY ammo you should use for personal defense. FMJ should only be used at the range & target practice.

my question is why use a 357 for self defense? a 9mm would do just fine...the average criminal isen't going to wear full plated kevlar to rob you

It's the people like you that scare me about the future of gun laws in this country. If some cracked out scumbag decides to break into my home in the middle of the night and rob/kill/torture/rape my family, I am going to hit him with everthing I got to make sure he doesn't do it again to another family. I have nothing but respect for police officers (hell, I am considering taking the local police exam this upcoming year), but they can't be everywhere at once. It's my duty as a man, to protect my wife and my family inside my home.

Also, you must not own a gun or know much about guns. .357 is one of the most popular revolvers sold, right next to .38 special. Also, a .357 revolver can shoot .38 special, but not the other way around.

BTW, criminals do wear bullet proof vests to commit crimes.

DSC02998.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

Those are my two that I carry all the time, both Sigs the 226 is .40 cal and thats my duty weapon and the 239 is 9 mill for off duty.

As many others have stated being LE I can carry pretty much any where I please and I do with the exception of federal properties

40 S&W and 357 Sig are actually pretty comparable. It's all about rounds on target. :D

They are but the 357 is a bit faster- the joke I've always made is that if everything I practice to protect myself fails and I end up firing at the same time as the bad guy and we both have good shots, I'll die knowing he died a millisecond before me. :D Plus I figure (or hope!) the Secret Service and Air Marshals picked it for a reason other than that it costs the most. :)

But you're 100% about accuracy being more important- a 9mm to the chest is better than a .45 in the arm. And I know I need to practice more, I've been slacking. But I have a lot of space at my new home so come spring I'll be making a shooting area in the back field so I can get back to shooting regularly. I have a 9mm conversion barrel for the Glock so practice time won't make me go broke too, as 357 Sig is still nearly 50 cents a round when you buy it in non-bulk amounts.

Interesting to note the changes in the CCW laws. I will have to do more research then. :cheers:

I do remember them being the way I describe though. Would be nice to see laws that don't make

a person with a CCW guilty before proven inoccent.

They are but the 357 is a bit faster- the joke I've always made is that if everything I practice to protect myself fails and I end up firing at the same time as the bad guy and we both have good shots, I'll die knowing he died a millisecond before me. :lol:

:cheers: . Thats plenty enough reason right there.

The reason I use it is for stopping power on the worse case scenario criminal...one that is strung out on drugs trying to kill me. Also I carry it because it is the most comfortable one I own, supposed to weigh 12 oz. but I have weighed it on a reliable scale and it is more like 11.4 oz. empty and 13.9 oz. fully loaded. As far as using a 9mm that is my second choice for my carry gun, I was carrying a S&W M&P 9c yesterday.

Home defense is my .45 with a tactical light mounted on it and it is right next to me as I sleep along with my .357... :cheers:

Archived