What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

• 2 months later...

So Monday (last week), we had had a sandstorm roll thru, brand new CR-V was DIRTY, as was the rest of our vehicles.  Yesterday, Saturday, my son and I washed the CR-V and my truck.  After that, we installed a trailer harness that I had built up, bought a 7-5 harness and added a 4-Pin to it, and then connected my Tow Hitch Brake Light to it, it was connected to the trailer connection via an extension up thru the license plate slot.  During this week, I’ll be modifying the tailgate light-bar with a 5-Pin connector on it, and installing it later this week or next weekend.  

Roger's Dry Lakebed (Edwards AFB)

66B5D1AE-D725-4FAA-BE06-A1C9059A6E4D.jpeg

When my son and I got done washing our "week old" CR-V.

A627E07F-C400-46DA-9BCE-7A1F0A136783.jpeg

After washing my truck.

01182CB7-D1A9-48FC-BA74-98BD8A8D232A.jpeg

Connecting up my 7-to-5 harness (with my added 4-PIN).

CB512630-10EB-4E48-8889-73AD073ACC0E.jpeg

You can see the new harness above my receiver.

DFFC84BE-5E7F-4E60-AEE1-E11D489CCDEC.jpeg

Edited by Ravenkeeper
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, SarahsGMC said:

Currently between projects for work so I cleaned up the work truck and pulled the toolbox and backrack out so I can put a topper on for when I head to Florida.

Snapchat-3079909.jpg

What part of the Sunshine State are you headed to?  Work or pleasure?

With 1400 miles on the 22' limited trail boss 4 popper had windshield chip repaired with resin. Moderately successful.  Looking for appropriate touch up paint pen for GJI Shadow Grey Metallic. Don't ask why. 🤫

Averaging 20 mpg pretty much now. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 8:19 PM, SarahsGMC said:

going to melbourne for work

Moo's Soft serve for ice cream

"Long Doggers" and "Sand on the Beach" for food.  "Blueberry Morning" for breakfast/brunch.

If you go less than an hour north to Port Canaveral there's "Grills" as well as "Rusty's" (haven't been there but know lots of people that have).

Jan 21-23 there's a frog leg festival in Fellsmere.

There are a few nature preserves in Melbourne or the close vicinity.  Go out and see nature!

Have fun in the sunshine state.

Edited by Chevyguy85

On 1/1/2022 at 12:38 PM, Chevyguy85 said:

Moo's Soft serve for ice cream

"Long Doggers" and "Sand on the Beach for food."  "Blueberry Morning" for breakfast/brunch.

If you go less than an hour north to Port Canaveral there's "Grills" as well as "Rusty's" (haven't been there but know lots of people that have).

Jan 21-23 there's a frog leg festival in Fellsmere.

There are a few nature preserves in Melbourne or the close vicinity.  Go out and see nature!

Have fun in the sunshine state.

I don't get to go now, Florida wouldn't allow us to bring our own operators we gotta use theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, the bow tie on my steering wheel matches the ones on the grill and the tailgate.  Tried using some touch up paint that I had, didn’t like it, so I reworked it with some Plasti-Dip I had laying around.

Prepped for my initial attempt to paint it black.

2D9DD2E2-F8ED-4F1D-A9F6-30B106F0DB65.jpeg

You can see how “ugly” it turned out, initially.

31971CD2-8D44-45DB-B63F-78CE9618A5B9.jpeg

First of three layers of Plasti-Dip.

C420BF5E-88B4-45E7-B548-DFFEAC5EC6B4.jpeg

Used my recently purchased heat gun to force cure each layer/application.

45199657-6A60-4AEC-8726-373A341096FB.jpeg

“Finished product.”

FB81A192-473C-4695-A99F-4E8C6592F93A.jpeg

Edited just now by Ravenkeeper

• 7 months later...

It's been a while so I guess I'll spam some pics and give updates.  Bought a trailer off a coworker earlier this year.  Used it to haul some cars and the weekend before last to help someone's girlfriend move.  Also both bumpers have been on for over year and haven't been tested by the idiots on the road yet.  The Bilstein steering stabilizer I had on for a couple years chewed up the tires.  I probably could have went another 5-10k on this set, have about 64k on them right now.  Removed that one a few months ago and about a month or two ago I put a different one on.  Hopefully tomorrow 6 Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs are getting put on.  Metal valve stems will also be put on and maybe that will help prevent my valve stems from failing so much, I think it's b/c of the TPMS system I bought putting strain on the stems.  I did a power steering flush about a month ago.  I have 2 thermostats waiting to be put in when I get the ambition to do them.  I should probably replace the front rotors and pads, they've got about 145k on them, then a brake flush.  Oil change will be done sometime before my road trip in November.  Sway bar end links were done fairly recent as well. Probably forgetting stuff I've done to it in the last year but that's enough for now.

20220828_113855.jpg

20220906_091336.jpg

20220906_091351.jpg

20220906_091607.jpg

20220318_084741.jpg

20220318_103744.jpg

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did thermostats last weekend, only took me 3 hours, which for me is super fast since it's supposed to be a 2 hour job.  Had reduced engine power message, CEL for something with the MAP I think, and low coolant which I knew I was going to get.  Cleared codes while driving and when I started it back up a couple hours later after having walked around a food truck thing all I had left was the low coolant.  Tires seem to be working out fine they're quieter than I thought they'd be.  Haven't driven in a Florida storm yet so I don't know how they perform there but dry and wet roads they're fine.  Was reminded yet again the other morning why you don't take a rear wheel drive 8300lb dually into wet grass when it's rained daily.  Made it out without having to get out and deflate the tires or calling someone to come yank me.  Still need to do brake flush, oil change, and the coolant just came in today so that eventually needs to be done as well.

https://youtu.be/hgfep_eGgdY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Been driving it.  Over 40K miles now

Been driving mine every day, since the kids went back to work/school.  Crossing 50K tonight, when I get to the gas station.