What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

what is a drive cycle?

Stupid OBD-II crap. They can't make anything simple. Gotta engineer it so the average person gives up and brings it to the dealer. Hell of a way to make money. I consider it outright theft.

I would have to live where my driveway enters a full blown interstate highway in order to complete this damn thing in a reasonable amount of time.

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html

Edited by Jsdirt

Yeah, it's a no-brainer. I did one on a '05 Mustang - super simple. Think it cost like $12 on eBay for the speedometer stepper motor, and about a half hour of my time.

downsize_zpstwzk8uvo.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt

That's great! The lefties up here would melt down if we ever attempted to fish with a bow. This place sucks. :sick:

• Like 2

I'm about to attempt to repair my instrument cluster in my 03 1500HD. $35 for me to do it or 300 core + 200 cluster.....hmmm...

You can send it in to a sponsor on here. www.fixmygauges.com

It's still more expensive than doing it yourself, but cheaper than the dealers alternative.

Changed the Range Rover's oil. I put in Amsoil XL. I will never change the oil in that thing again. Pain in the ass and whomever did it last, had that filter way to tight.

I will not be doing anything more to that thing. I now appreciate even the hard jobs on my truck. That supercharged Jag 4.2 is wedged in there. And 2 steel skid plates underneath.

Edited by Chris

Changed the Range Rover's oil. I put in Amsoil XL. I will never change the oil in that thing again. Pain in the ass and whomever did it last, had that filter way to tight.

I will not be doing anything more to that thing. I now appreciate even the hard jobs on my truck. That supercharged Jag 4.2 is wedged in there. And 2 steel skid plates underneath.

I've always like working on GM's trucks. Almost always a good bit of room to work.

• Like 2

I've always like working on GM's trucks. Almost always a good bit of room to work.

The oil filter is right by the rack and sideways, plus it is above coolant lines. Took 2 hours of fighting and cussing and my mother laughing at my pain to get it done. Then they asked if i wanted to go eat when i finished, i just had my mom raid my fridge and make me a sandwich.

https://youtu.be/gTE2HWwCeWM

The oil filter is right by the rack and sideways, plus it is above coolant lines. Took 2 hours of fighting and cussing and my mother laughing at my pain to get it done. Then they asked if i wanted to go eat when i finished, i just had my mom raid my fridge and make me a sandwich.

https://youtu.be/gTE2HWwCeWM

Lmao! I'd be right there with ya on the cussing.