What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Been waiting for this day since I bought the truck - knew it was just a matter of time.

My suspicion of an issue when I had no comm with my scan tool months ago proved correct today. Went to get a sticker, failed for monitors not run. Haven't touched battery in YEARS, hasn't run low in over a year, and haven't had, or cleared any codes.

Yay! Get to troubleshoot 15,000 miles of OBD-II wiring today! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

No "wire" troubleshooting will get you anywhere in finding out why a readiness monitor isn't running.

Brought the old girl home today. My parents have had it for a few weeks, while they are doing some reno's. It's been to the dump a few times now, definitely needs a bath...

28149111342_758c32f8b5_z.jpg

• Like 1

No "wire" troubleshooting will get you anywhere in finding out why a readiness monitor isn't running.

Was trying to figure out why I couldn't download any PIDs, but that was solved by selecting "Global" instead of "Domestic" on my scan tool.

Also, the battery wasn't touched, and there were no codes to clear. How the hell can a monitor change state by itself? Figured that to be a wiring issue somewhere.

We'll see if I can get them to run since disconnecting the battery for an hour. If not, I'll take my chances with the black "R".

Edited by Jsdirt

I changed out my idler and tensioner pulley. They weren't bad, but the idler was getting "gritty". I did the AC pulley last year. Better to spend a few bucks now and change it than need a pulley and a belt on the side of the road. Over 137,xxx miles on the originals. Dayco belts are still looking good after 4 years.

20160711_203405_zpsiykcnbkp.jpg

Edited by kstruckcountry
  • Like 1

Wow that's a damn good run there! Nobody gets close to that up here in the winter salt & sand.

Mine were starting to squeak at 60 - 70k. I removed the seals, flushed them out, and packed them full of corn head grease. Replaced the bearing and belt on the A/C compressor too. That one spun too fast for the corn head grease - sounded worse afterward, so I junked it. Tiny little thing. It's a wonder it makes it out of the dealership. Main belt is still OEM. At 86,5xx now.

I changed out my idler and tensioner pulley. They weren't bad, but the idler was getting "gritty". I did the AC pulley last year. Better to spend a few bucks now and change it than need a pulley and a belt on the side of the road. Over 137,xxx miles on the originals. Dayco belts are still looking good after 4 years.

20160711_203405_zpsiykcnbkp.jpg

I changed out my idler when I swapped motors, and tore apart the tensioner and greased it. The tensioner was the one off the newer engine I swapped in. Had 75k miles on it and still spun nicely.

Drove 70 miles today ... and I STILL can't get a damn drive cycle to complete!!

THANKS GENERAL MOTORS, you bunch of *#&%$( A$*&&@^&& !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::mad::banghead::mad::banghead::mad:

I finally ordered new tires at Costco today, unfortunately i missed the $70 discount by a week or so!! Ended up totalling $897 and they should be in by early next week.

Michelin defender ltx ms in P265/70/17

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

• Like 2