What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Welp, finally got her back. Looked the truck over head to toe twice before accepting it. Few things I found wrong:

*Very small dents on both rear passenger doors

*They didn't paint some paint chips on my tailgate, also some rock chips on the hood

*Needs an alignment, idk what they did, maybe something is bent somewhere

Other than that, truck looks phenomenal. They didn't clean it up as well as I would have (mud up in the engine bay, underneath, etc) and some swirl marks.

The guy I talked to said to bring it back in after he, I, and the insurance company come to an agreement on the stuff that wasn't on the ticket (hood rock chips,tailgate paint chips) and then fix the dents and do the alignment

I have two new tires, idk why but they are both on the driver side. Tomorrow I'm gonna rotate them to the back, as well as power wash all the mud off and clean up the window real good and rain x them

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My truck was a workbench, yet again today. Did 4 rotors and 4 pads on a Hemi 1500, and when I got to the last, front left wheel, the hub bearing was trashed. There's your noise!

Was an 8 hour day pounding that thing out of there. Holy aluminum corrosion. Took chunks of it out with the bearing!

IMG_6035_zps9ifxsteb.jpg

My take on slotted/drilled rotors? Useless on a street vehicle. The slots are full of pad debris. Just wears the pads out faster, so you're back buying more brake parts sooner.

IMG_6036_zpsqowaifvw.jpg

I like the slotted around here because of the mountains. If I lived out west I would never buy them.

I went from slotted to solid with good pads. Mountains dont bug me with solid rotors.

I have slotted on my truck and I couldn't tell if it was the pads or the rotors that made a difference but I could definitely notice the difference with them on there

I have slotted on my truck and I couldn't tell if it was the pads or the rotors that made a difference but I could definitely notice the difference with them on there

It is the pads. The z36 are great. I am using them with AC Delco rotors

I got some powerstop kit on amazon, came with rotors and pads for 210 I believe, can't remember what pads came with it

It was most likely the z36. I put them on my brother's Rainier as my guinea pig for them. He loved them so I got them.

I have Powerstop slotted/drilled on the Cruze and the Silverado. I think the caliper's being junk screwed the rotors up on the truck. They shake now.

On the Cruze they are way better than factory. The factory ones had no bite at all and shook around 12k miles. Going down any hill was a nightmare. Damn think would vibrate so bad it sounded like it was going to come apart. Doesn't do any of that crap now. Pads are $23 Centric Semi-Metallic, with over 15k miles and they still look brand new.

• Like 1

I'm running solid EBC rotors with yellow pads. Been up and down mountains, cross country at 90 - 115 MPH, towed everything from 4k - 12k lbs, severely overloading this thing, and then 2 trips back and forth to FL towing too. Brakes were every bit as good as OEM, minus the pulsation.

Made it back from Pittsburgh.

Got close to 16mpg on regular 93 (havent run gasoline in some time). Couldnt find E85 other than one place in Ohio where I didnt need fuel.

Now to clean off the bugs :(

• Like 1