What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

They're all made in china now. It's a wonder they even hold pressure. If you breathe on them too hard, they'll bend. Ridiculously soft metal, so be careful installing it.

If you buy it locally, open the box before you take it home. My Volvo condenser I just put in last week was bent in the box. Stuff is utter garbage today. You could hit a 1960's or 70's condenser with a hammer and it would barely dent. :nonod:

They're all made in china now. It's a wonder they even hold pressure. If you breathe on them too hard, they'll bend. Ridiculously soft metal, so be careful installing it.

If you buy it locally, open the box before you take it home. My Volvo condenser I just put in last week was bent in the box. Stuff is utter garbage today. You could hit a 1960's or 70's condenser with a hammer and it would barely dent. :nonod:

I imagine this one will be flimsy as well. It'll be a Denso one. The Acdelco one is around $30 more. It'll come from Rock Auto. Edited by Daryl Z71

I haven't done anything with her since the last wash but today I'm swapping out the spare. My dad took off the firestones and put the Michelin latitudes back on. He swapped firestones into the spare 17" wheels and gave me one.

b262d588105dce360c3e41a167d5dab0.jpg

dd40bba90f9d08015735cc7d6e62a07f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Edited by white1500

Yessirs. I've rebuilt the top end new carb intake air cleaner and valve covers runs awesome. Just doing little bits here and there major stuff is done. Need to fix the fuel tanks next.

Awesome deal. And thanks to the other folks who pointed out how it could be a 4x4, I should have known. Getting old and slow as I approach my 39th birthday soon. :idiot:

Changed oil today and put the wrong oil filter on. Filter went on fine and tighten up good. Fill the truck with oil, started the truck and went from good oil pressure to zero pressure. Shut truck off and under the truck....oil all over the floor. Thats when I realised I put the wrong filter on. DUMB ASS, I said to myself.

WOW ... just never know who you're sharing the road with these days. Unreal. Probably a texter in the Durango. :nonod:

• Like 1

GOOD GRIEF!

That sucks for the guy in the Chevy...minding his own business and gets dive bombed by a dumbass in a Durango.

What did I do with my truck today? I drove it :D

Love driving it. The 6.2/8spd combo is excellent. Great ratios at all speeds, and that 6.2 RUNS!

Only been driving im for a month and up to 2783 miles. Was at 624 when storage ended.

Can't wait to get my first real paycheck...can start buying goodies

Yet we continue to develop nannies for vehicles to help people who can't drive instead of doing an overhaul of the driver education system.

Naaaaah, that makes too much sense.

Gotta have a massive casualty event before everybody wonders where things went wrong and they all clamor for sweeping regulations to fix it all.

• Like 2

Just ordered a cabin temperature sensor for the truck. Going to try that first since it was $22 vs $63 for the condensor. I'm doubtfull it'll fix my issue, but it wasn't expensive so I figured why not?

Edited by Daryl Z71