Ideas?

ShowOnTurf

Hey guys hopefully getting my rims and tires these next few weeks. Meanwhile I ordered the 2" leveling kit for my truck. Im personally not even going to mess with that. Just wondering a few questions do you think they might install it at the dealership? and does it void the warranty? also what tires do you think ill be able to fit. Thanks hope to get them soon to post pics.

• 3 weeks later...
Dealership should do it, and it shouldn't void your warranty. Tires depend on wheels and generation of the truck.

It absolutely could. They could argue that the lift changes front end geometry and not cover things like balljoints and such. I'm sure most will overlook it or not even notice, but the potential is there and you'll have to spend tons to prove them wrong, both time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leveling kit will not void your warranty. There are some warranty nazis here that will claim it should be void but they are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Don't post when you don't know what you're talking about. A lift absolutely can void portions of your warranty depending on how strict the dealer is. If the regional rep happens to see it they most certainly would not cover front end repairs. I agree the chances are slim but to say it won't is an outright lie.

Dealership should do it, and it shouldn't void your warranty. Tires depend on wheels and generation of the truck.

It absolutely could. They could argue that the lift changes front end geometry and not cover things like balljoints and such. I'm sure most will overlook it or not even notice, but the potential is there and you'll have to spend tons to prove them wrong, both time and money.

If the DEALER installs it, they WILL warranty it. They do here. They mod trucks at every dealer in my area and sell them with full warranties, and I'm not talking about conversion trucks. There are two local offroad shops that contract with local dealers and outfit rigs for them.

Yeah and that will be under the table if anything ever fails. Good luck getting coverage if you break a component that might be lift related out of town.

I'm not saying don't do a level if you want it, the chances of having trouble are likely minimal but the chance is there. I don't have one because I drive too much to risk breaking something and being stuck going to a dealer that isn't mod friendly, among other reasons.

While it's true that some dealers are not mod friendly, I wouldn't worry about BJ related failure with just a leveling kit.

I've read of a couple cases of early upper BJ failure on here with leveled trucks but that isn't a big reason why I haven't done a level. This truck barely fits in some parking garages as it is and the level and bigger tires might just put me a touch too tall. I drive this thing all over the upper midwest for work so I need to be able to keep it functional. The other reason is while the leveled look it nice, the rake is there for a reason. I don't tow/haul big things often but when I do the truck has to work right, I won't do a visual mod that compromises function. I realize that can be offset with a rear lift but then I run into the height issue again and I hate using blocks regardless.

Leveling kit will not void your warranty. There are some warranty nazis here that will claim it should be void but they are wrong.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Don't post when you don't know what you're talking about. A lift absolutely can void portions of your warranty depending on how strict the dealer is. If the regional rep happens to see it they most certainly would not cover front end repairs. I agree the chances are slim but to say it won't is an outright lie.

Yup, warranty nazi! If you would pay attention to what you read, I never mentioned a lift in my post. FYI a full lift kit and leveling kit are different.

Maybe we should all keep our trucks stock for the anti mod warranty police guy?

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Hmmm....While a lot of folks here probably run the 2+ inch level kits for looks, and don't get me wrong, I love the look of my trucks leveled. They do have a actual real world use, that's not just visual. The whole reason I went installed my first level kit on my 2007 Sierra way back when was because I kept dragging my front end when driving in and out of the woods where I hunt and fish. Level kit and bigger tires fixed that issue for me at least. :driving:

I would love to go to a 4-6 inch lift, but I am one of those weird folks that actually use my garage to park in, lol. And of course I have height restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

Yup, warranty nazi! If you would pay attention to what you read, I never mentioned a lift in my post. FYI a full lift kit and leveling kit are different.

Maybe we should all keep our trucks stock for the anti mod warranty police guy?

Sent from my iPhone4S

using Tapatalk

:lol: Whatever.

Archived