Official AR Discussion and Photo Thread

As you saw from my pictures above I picked up a razor 1-6 this christmas and adore it. Dad wanted some nice binoculars for once in his life and kept talking Swarovski. Which nothing wrong with swaro, your just looking at 2500+. I told him to take a serious look at the razors for 1200$. He took them outside and compared them said that the swaros were a little brighter but it was no 1300$ difference.

While I didn't compare the two, I can't say enough about the glass of the gen I & II razors. It's nice very crisp from edge to edge, great colors, no chromatic abberation, and great fov. I'm a big vortex fan now.

Though as far as the best glass I own to my eyes at least my USOS SN-3 still takes the cake. I've seen complaints of their glass before but it is just amazingly clear to my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love vortex. My dad has been working with them for a couple years now. Exceptional product at reasonable price. I waiting for my sparc right now.

I agree that Vortex makes an alright line of magnified optics but their red dots really miss the mark in every sense and are not good quality by industry standards.

I purchased a StrikeFire and a Sparc a couple years back for my nephews to use on their M&P15-22's. People gave them good reviews so I took a chance and boy what a mistake. The first thing that came to mind the moment I opened the box was all of those excellent reviews I read had to be from people who have never used, or even looked through a quality red dot.

The ON/OFF buttons are terrible design IMO and is a PITA to operate. The quality of the glass is terrible and disappointing for the price. I could not believe how terrible the glass was, the most important part of the optic had green glass. It is like looking through night vision goggles that's how green it is. The battery life is also terrible, does not last very long. The StrikeFire also came with a generic chunk of aluminum they call a mount.

For the price range of the Vortex red dots, the newer of both optics, around $170-$200 for the Gen. 2's, there are better options available that cost less for both full size and micro dots.

I was actually imoressed with Primary Arms. They are of decent quality and the prices are more than fare. They are also built better, have longer battery life, much clearer glass (not green tinted junk), and come with a more solid mount ranging from $89-$180 depending on which type of red dot you prefer.

Though I have never owned one myself, I have used them while firing other peoples rifles, Bushnell also makes a decent micro dot, you can also throw Burris into that category as well.

Maybe I am just used to running Aimpoints since forever but that the lower quality really stands out with the other brands, especially Vortex. I could not recommend them to anyone based on their poor quality. I would recommend the Primary Arms brand though, pretty impressive. I have been running their micro dot on a training rifle that really takes a beating and gets banged around a ton. The optic has held up great and has never lost it's zero no matter how bad it gets abused.

Do yourself a favor and send that Sparc back when you get it and pick up a micro dot from PA. They have them on sale right now for $89.00! Can't beat their quality at that price point. If you are going to be doing serious work, grab an Aimpoint, you'll never look back.

Well they're not trying to be 1st in the red dot market. In the adjustable magnification marker they're far above alright. The Gen IIs 3-18, 5-27, and 1-6 and truly top of the line optics. They're heavy as hell but they take a beating and keep going and have some of the best glass I've seen to date. There is a reason a certain tier 1 group uses the 1-6 on all their 5.56 carbines.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally put the Ops Inc Brake & Collar on the MK12, it's a little over to the right too much but meh. I'll fix it when i feel like ordering another crush washer. Gun is empty FWIW.

2ag5iu0.jpg

24l398i.jpg

Yup it's the one suppressor attached brake that does might be the only I know of. Real cause of worry Is the collar that the suppressor sits on. That crush washer came with the brake.

Edited by 5RWill