Official AR Discussion and Photo Thread

Nice kill! When i get back home this summer i've got to bust out he foxpro and take some Yotes. Really wanting to get a thermal/NV setup for the hog problems that are rising in our area.

Nice kill and good looking gun there wormy! I have been debating a free float handguard on my Bushmaster for a while and finally pulled the trigger lol. Went with a Midwest Industries ss-series extended carbine guard, going from standard carbine length to 10 3/16 extended carbine. Think I have everything I need, new to modding this deep, I ordered a new low pro yankee hill gas block, gas tube roll pin, end cap for guard, spanner wrench for jam nut and a upper vice block. Ordered a BAD lever too, wasn't sure on that one, but for $25 what the heck. Any advice feel free to chime in! I have to get some pics when I get it done. Up until now I have polished the sear, replaced trigger spring with a set of JP springs, added a Mako magwell grip, single point sling adapter, and topped it off with an Eotech 516 and g33 Magnifier.

376623.jpg

Update: here is a before and after pic of the MI free float handguard.

a678a9c2281f83d533a3e265829ee5b1.jpg

079848af73f21ce1f695f98e8e4e3f11.jpg

7256b923daafc0a40080694cd4036ed0.jpg

I definately like the feel of this one better than the stock. Was a quick and simple install, less than an hour. Good quality product, nice fit and feel.

Edited by 8.1HD/ALLISON

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, love my KMR build. Really wanted to make my 14.5 Middy into a KMR build before i sold it, would've taken too much work to do so though. Didn't feel like drilling the brake, shaving down the FSB, and then re-pinning the brake. Would've looked great though.

Sounds like a good rule to me :D so throw some guns and ammo in your truck and come on over.

I'm in WA State only a couple hour drive for you haha

Hunting20125_zpsd6659029.jpg

we have a shooters shack and some long range shooting

phonepicsandvids198_zps6d1edbf8.jpg

phonepicsandvids195_zpsa41ecd78.jpg

phonepicsandvids186_zps0a93c996.jpg

phonepicsandvids190_zpsf9cfe4d0.jpg

Edited by redtazdog
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Maybe I am not following you but everything I have on them did not come from an air soft store. I have an SightMark reflex sight on the. 50(that will be coming off because it shuts off every time I shoot it.) and an SightMark target designator on the AR. The sight on the AR came from Spikes with the gun.

Edited by kevin32738