Official AR Discussion and Photo Thread

Well, it’s nothing fancy but I finished up my low budget Covid-15 in .450 BM. Used up a bunch of spare parts I took off my other ARs to upgrade, along with an 80 lower and BCA side-charging upper. Just kinda wanted to get one more in this year before the election and whatever madness ensues.

5EAEC302-D8C0-4D62-8794-02877A7B2DAE.thumb.jpeg.99083f04a50265b3abbd7e31bfe2d194.jpeg
505EDBA9-3BDC-4B3F-8C90-E5F54D00ED5C.thumb.jpeg.271c15ef55ec3ce3fb21b7c8d3bde207.jpeg

Better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How do you like the bear creek with side action? I was on the fence but being my first ar build I went with a rear charging upper. I’ve heard read some reviews saying the handle/knob on the bcg was coming loose on a few of them. I’m a righty and kind of like the idea and am thinking of buying a side charging ar in the future. I had to go with a 5.56 as my first of course but now don’t know what caliber I should go with next. A ar10 in .308 (have a bolt action in this caliber). The almighty 6.5 creedmoor. Or maybe the 6.5 grendel. God damn I love America.

• Like 1

How do you like the bear creek with side action? I was on the fence but being my first ar build I went with a rear charging upper. I’ve heard read some reviews saying the handle/knob on the bcg was coming loose on a few of them. I’m a righty and kind of like the idea and am thinking of buying a side charging ar in the future. I had to go with a 5.56 as my first of course but now don’t know what caliber I should go with next. A ar10 in .308 (have a bolt action in this caliber). The almighty 6.5 creedmoor. Or maybe the 6.5 grendel. God damn I love America.

308, abundance of ammo and no limits, one shot next. God Bless America [emoji631]

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

So far so good. No issues and actually very accurate. A real thumper too. BCA is definitely an entry level brand and I didn’t expect much but I’m happy with it for my purposes mainly as a range toy.

Side charging is really intuitive and I like not having to move my head away to charge it when shooting from a bipod. But it’s not a make or break feature, and I don’t plan on converting the rest of my rifles over.

I would probably go .308 if I were you in these circumstances. And I would definitely try to sneak it in this year just in case.

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking the .308 since I have one already. I also have a reloading kit that I never used before. If shtf .308 would be ideal

On a SHTF situation, with a 308/7.62x51 it’ll be a one shot “next” situation. The 556/223 is over rated, I’ve got two piston AR’s, one Barrett and one LWRC, my go to is my LWRC REPR 308 16”, the rest is backup. Learn to use your 308 in rapid fire, don’t be afraid to throw some rapid fire rounds, it’s a lot easier than you may think, this way you’ll be ready for anything. I live in Texas, 556 is currently 3 box limits, 308 and 6.5 creed has no purchase limits, I run full soft point hunting rounds in my REPR.
As with all Texans, I live in a subdivision that will not hesitate to blow away rioters, only thing is that they won’t be using body bags (more like sandwich bags lol) and those that run off will for sure suffer from PTSD.

Unfortunately I live in New York. We have a wonderful governor here. Just ask him. While there is no limit on ammo purchase that I know of. There is a limit on magazine capacity which is out right stupid. One could only hope that the recent California win becomes a trend setter and we could lose that dumb rule. In any case, I think I’m convinced. One day I hope to visit Texas and all of its glory. I’ve heard many good things about that state minus the invasion of Californians.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So my local gun store had ar15 lowers, no ar10’s. They were aero precision m4e1 lowers price was decent so I said why not. I did want to get larger caliber but hey I wasn’t gonna say no. Haha. Anyway, I already have 5.56 so now I’m trying to decide what caliber I should go with. I was looking into maybe 6.5 Grendel or 300 blackout. I don’t shoot long range but eventually I’m going to buy some land so I could.

So my local gun store had ar15 lowers, no ar10’s. They were aero precision m4e1 lowers price was decent so I said why not. I did want to get larger caliber but hey I wasn’t gonna say no. Haha. Anyway, I already have 5.56 so now I’m trying to decide what caliber I should go with. I was looking into maybe 6.5 Grendel or 300 blackout. I don’t shoot long range but eventually I’m going to buy some land so I could.

Don’t know about you but I can’t find 300 blackout anywhere, scarce round to begin with. IMHO, sticking with a round that will be easier to find at a later date is primary reason I’m sticking with 556 and 308. 6.5 Grendel is a great round but just another one of those scarce rounds. 556, 308 is Bueno!

That’s a good idea. Maybe I should check my local gun shop to see if they have 300 blackout or 6.5 Grendel. They do have 5.56 but damn are they price gouging. What’s a good site to order 5.56 from? I’ll load up on that for now till I decide another ar15 caliber. Besides scarcity of ammo, which would you recommend? I’ve read 6.5 burns through barrels. I wonder how accurate that is?

That’s a good idea. Maybe I should check my local gun shop to see if they have 300 blackout or 6.5 Grendel. They do have 5.56 but damn are they price gouging. What’s a good site to order 5.56 from? I’ll load up on that for now till I decide another ar15 caliber. Besides scarcity of ammo, which would you recommend? I’ve read 6.5 burns through barrels. I wonder how accurate that is?

Check local pawn shops, you’d be surprised at their availability and prices

• 4 weeks later...

Uh oh, never should have poked my head in here.... Started to get into building my own, with the help from the computer, always wanted to build from past decades ago, but it was massively difficult to find everything and get it shipped. Now a days, piece of cake, have built several. Her's a couple, all Aero Precision uppers and lowers, long range .308, 24" barrel, little .223 build, the G I Joe gun....

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

• Like 2

Put this together a few months ago, without even thinking about weight watching for real, this AR10 came out nice, loud as hell with the short barrel and tiny muzzle brake. It shoots better then me, but I get 2 inch groups at 100 yards.

IMG_0198.jpg

• Like 2