Since I've spent a few months with my OGM1 now, I figured it would be a good idea to start compiling a list of all of the items and issues that need to be addressed in future versions of the software.

Feel free to contribute to the list if you notice anything I haven't found yet, just follow the layout if you don't mind so we can get as much information to the engineers as possible.

Illumination Rapidly Switching Between Bright & Dim

Symptom: Button backlighting and screen illumination flicker back and forth from their bright settings to their dim settings.

Situation: Appears to happen most often when he is on, but engine is not running, headlamp switch is set to auto position, and headlamps are on (it's dark out). When the engine is cranked and OGM1 reboots, the flickering will occur, but not every time.

Resolution: Restart OGM1 (turn off key & open door to kill RAP) or cycle auto light setting on headlamp switch.

Here's a video I took:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I've spent a few months with my OGM1 now, I figured it would be a good idea to start compiling a list of all of the items and issues that need to be addressed in future versions of the software.

Feel free to contribute to the list if you notice anything I haven't found yet, just follow the layout if you don't mind so we can get as much information to the engineers as possible.

Illumination Rapidly Switching Between Bright & Dim

Symptom: Button backlighting and screen illumination flicker back and forth from their bright settings to their dim settings.

Situation: Appears to happen most often when he is on, but engine is not running, headlamp switch is set to auto position, and headlamps are on (it's dark out). When the engine is cranked and OGM1 reboots, the flickering will occur, but not every time.

Resolution: Restart OGM1 (turn off key & open door to kill RAP) or cycle auto light setting on headlamp switch.

Here's a video I took:

Check the position of your dimmer control on the dash: usually this happens when the dimmer is set at "just" the right spot so that it sits at the threshold where the OGM1 moves from day to night (or backlight) display. Move the dimmer control 1/32" either way and it should go away...

Thanks Walt, I'll give that a try. Interesting that it happens some times, but not all the time, since I never change the backlighting level of the dash. That's an easy fix if it works though (although technically this is still a bug that should be fixed).

I don't remember that being a problem, but I'll check it out tonight and update my original post if I'm able to confirm it.

I have three more bugs that I need to log, hopefully I can get to that today.

Has anyone had the backlighting turn off? I noticed this week on an early morning trip that none of the buttons were lit up. This has just occurred, everything was fine up until recently. The display is fine.

Should probably add my bugs so it is official:

1. About once a week I get in, start the truck, the radio boots, and then all but the volume buttons are dead. Even the SW controls do not work (except volume). Only fix is to reboot the ogm1

2. My bluetooth fails to connect every other day or so - using an ATT Samsung Galaxy S2. Only way to fix is to reboot the phone and the OGM1 (sometimes toggling the BT on the OGM1 works as well).

Anyone else experience either?

thanks

Ernie

When driving for more than an hour with the radio playing and with the NAV active, the radio sometimes hangs. Sometimes the unit will power down and reboot by itself and other times I have to press the Power/Mute knob to shut off the radio. When powered back on, the system will normally reboot at that time. When the unit hangs, the music stops and all you hear is a constant squeal from the last note that was playing when it hung. Pretty annoying! I suspect that more RAM would help with this issue but I don't know that for sure. This may also happen when the NAV is not running but I almost always have the NAV running if I'm going very far.

• 1 month later...

After driving on my annual trip from Toronto to St. Pete's I noticed some odd bugs with the navigation software that should be addressed.

1) I set the warning alerts and key click sounds on but they do not work when listening to any source other than my iPhone. In other words, the warning chimes (e.g when you approach a sharp turn) and when you touch the screen (e.g. when typing in an address) make no sound while listening to XM or standard radio (FM or AM). But I do hear sounds when listening to my iPhone as the source.

2) if you stop for a short period of time (e.g. filling up for gas) the route will usually continue. If you stop for a longer period of time (like 20 - 30 minutes) to eat lunch, the route gets cancelled and you have to reenter your route. This is a pain.

I also had some weird things going on after I updated to the latest firmware (OGM1_06192012) during my drive home from Florida (I updated while in Florida) that were not occurring during the drive down. My unit would stop playing music from my iPhone after a few songs. If you went to the iPod screen it looked like the song was playing but there was no sound. I could skip to the next song but it would be all messed up and skipping. The unit would then randomly reboot. This happened a number of times and I had to stop using my iPhone as a source. I also stopped hearing the warning sounds while backing up. I have since reflashed the firmware but haven't been in my Enclave long enough to determine if this has fixed it (the backup warning sounds do work again).

Thanks,

Chris

Hello, does anyone know how to tweak the OGM1 to have Navigation boot up in the background so that when you hit Nav botton you don't have to wait for Nav to boot up on its on taking extra time? I saw a couple of videos with Walt showing this but no how to..

Hello, does anyone know how to tweak the OGM1 to have Navigation boot up in the background so that when you hit Nav botton you don't have to wait for Nav to boot up on its on taking extra time? I saw a couple of videos with Walt showing this but no how to..

It's not stable enough to do this so I will not be released this mod.

Trust me, it would be far more frustrating to have the deck crash with errors 50% of the time than to gain a few seconds off bootup time...

It's not stable enough to do this so I will not be released this mod.

Trust me, it would be far more frustrating to have the deck crash with errors 50% of the time than to gain a few seconds off bootup time...

You know what is strange? Prior to the last big update, my unit loaded nav in the background from day one. I had no idea what people were talking about with having to wait cause if I had the radio on for more then a minute or two, if I went into GPS it was on the safety warning screen. The update undid that. I never had any crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the autoboot, I think the reason Advent pushed the requirement that people have a later firmware to run iGo was simply because it disabled the automatic boot due to the instability. It would still work with the older FWs but they didnt want people getting having problems.

I put the advent OHOCRV1 OE head unit in my wifes CRV (thanks again walt). With the older FW it would autoboot and seemed stable. But when I tried it with my OGM1 a while back I remember getting issues with it that walt is referring to. The entire using would bog down - has some kind of memory issue.

Ernie

• 1 month later...

Archived