$3000 Car Coming to US

Not interested in that car at all but if Datsun brings their $3000 car to America I'd be interested for sure.

ROFL

Old enough to remember...

Ok, I typed that before I read the article. I thought you were saying something like, "I've got an idea. Let's have a pizza company. But wait...This one will DELIVER pizzas!"

Problem with these companies is they announce their plans, before they add all the needed safety features and try the crash tests. Remember that Chinese car a few years back that "would pass the tests" but folded up like a Pepsi can under steamroller

There is alot of people with not really any money that will want a pair of wheels to get from A to B. I dont think it sold well in india because its a two class system the poor cant even afford that crappy car. The people with money will buy something different. So there might be a market for it there might not be . Does anyone actually know what the safety standards are in North America ? The smart car is really not that safe it does not buckle so when you hit something your dead if you go faster than like 70km . The car is fine but the person just got all the energy from the crash into there body. There is a reason why they design cars to cave in and not be solid like the old race cars .

Problem with these companies is they announce their plans, before they add all the needed safety features and try the crash tests. Remember that Chinese car a few years back that "would pass the tests" but folded up like a Pepsi can under steamroller

Ratan Tata is dreaming.

That car will never (probably never) come here.

The massive redesign to meet saftey standards will prevent such.

India has been manufacturing cars for a long time. There is a reason none have made it here.

The Mahindra trucks crapped out. There is the still in place the 25% "chicken" tax still in place with importing trucks.

This is just another story that will pass and be forgotten.

Why are there no Chinese cars here yet?

The current version of this car - the Nano - is not even as popular as expected in India.

Archived