Bull Bar installed!

GasHog369

Finally got a chance today to install the bull bar. I think it turned out pretty good. Its not as strong as the one i had on my last truck. This bracket does want to give if you push it or pull it enough. My old westin mount was strong enough that if u pushed the bar it did not flex. This one will serve its purpose and hold a LED light bar. I am thinking of making a bracket to give the middle part of the bar stability going back thru the "mail slot" on bumper. That way it will stop and flex.

bullbar1_zpsf4ca8a50.jpg

bullbar2_zps4c145863.jpg

IMAG0291_zpsc54bf5d1.jpg

And a shot of my truck height compared to my dads. Only difference is mine has valance removed and 2" level.

IMAG0287_zpsbec857ca.jpg

Very nice! Now I want one.......

I've been wanting one, but I can't figure out how to make one work with all of the chrome on my truck. A chrome one would be to much, and a black one wouldn't match at all.

Jk it looks good Jerry, what lights are you putting on?

Well I was set on getting one of the 20" LED rigid light bars for it. But due to NYS front license plate law I would be blocking the plate... So just when i was going to go back to the HID offroad light like i had on old truck, I saw the specs to the Rigid Dually D2. I never realized how many lumens these put out! 2600 per light! http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Rigid-Industries-Dually-D2-LED-Light-p/duallyled-d2.htm

So I found them on amazon yesterday, And almost bought them but even tho they were the cheapest there, the price was still high. So While i was in my email, I found a email from KB for some new LED fog lights.. When i went to the site to price them and get specs , I saw the Dually D2 on there ,and KB has a coupon right now for 10% off and free ship! So I'm gonna take a shot and get them. $340 is not bad considering on most other sites, they are $180-199 ea.

I was going between those and Anzo, but once i saw the durability test that rigid did on theres, it sold me! Waterproof, Lexan glass, pretty much break proof. And these will still mount through the holes in the bull bar that are allready there. This way i dont have to buy any different brackets.

Yes it is a Westin. I bought it off a member on here. You can find them on ebay for $250ish depending on the style you g with / SS , skid/ etc.. I got it off a member on here for $260, But he had the skid powder coated black , and included the license plate relocate bracket which is another expense.

But definitely check ebay..

Archived