Bullcrap OEM Tires

Just like with the GMT-800 (2wd) that I had previously, my GMT-900 (4wd) came outfitted with Goodyear Wrangler ST tires. I just can't believe they are still putting this trash on these trucks. I know for a while I was seeing General Grabbers on them, those are pretty decent tires (for the road). But these, man, what a cheap out. UTQG of B B with a 340 treadwear. GM should do itself a favor and put at least slightly better oem tires on their trucks. I'm probably going to upgrade to Cooper Discoverer AT3's for the occasional off roading that I do.

I hated the STs that came on my 2003. I joked that ST was short for shitty tire. :lol: I'm mostly happy with my Coopers, though they do flat spot when the truck sits. It goes away after a few miles so it isn't too bad.

Just like with the GMT-800 (2wd) that I had previously, my GMT-900 (4wd) came outfitted with Goodyear Wrangler ST tires. I just can't believe they are still putting this trash on these trucks. I know for a while I was seeing General Grabbers on them, those are pretty decent tires (for the road). But these, man, what a cheap out. UTQG of B B with a 340 treadwear. GM should do itself a favor and put at least slightly better oem tires on their trucks. I'm probably going to upgrade to Cooper Discoverer AT3's for the occasional off roading that I do.

Mine came stock with the Goodyears too. I have the Cooper AT3's and their a really nice tire. I like anything BFGoodrich makes too, but they cost more. A guy I work with has BF's that came stock on his F-150 and he really likes them. Since BF's are so costly though I think next time I'm going with the Cooper ST Maxx.

Worst tire I ever seen on a stock truck ever... Pure GARBAGE!!!!

Had a 2008 1500 that came with the ST tire. Junk! Called/emailed GM to bitch about them. My wife's Suzuki SX4 went right thru 4 inches of snow and up the hill to our house, my new GMC 4X4 couldn't do it with those tires! I still hear about that from her! lol

I just put Cooper AT3 on the work truck Saturday. I hope these are as good as the old Discoverer ATRs were.

Had a 2008 1500 that came with the ST tire. Junk! Called/emailed GM to bitch about them. My wife's Suzuki SX4 went right thru 4 inches of snow and up the hill to our house, my new GMC 4X4 couldn't do it with those tires! I still hear about that from her! lol

Oh that's a tough pill to swallow. Major frustration. Seriously, that would really piss me off.

My 2012 Sierra Nevada had Firestone transforce at lt tires stock, I saw they were a couple hundred extra dollars on the build sheet. Got to say they are the best all around tires I have ever had.

My '13 I think have Goodyear SR-A....not sure....it's a 3 year lease, hopefully won't need to replace them during my life with the truck.....no problems yet, coming up on 1000 miles

My 2012 Sierra Nevada had Firestone transforce at lt tires stock, I saw they were a couple hundred extra dollars on the build sheet. Got to say they are the best all around tires I have ever had.

Just don't get the Transforce HT...that's what came on mine and as much as I don't want to fork out for new tires, I'm really looking forward to wearing these out. Anything other than regular dry or wet pavement and you may as well forget it. Terrible on dirt, grass, snow, mud, gravel...etc.

Archived