2014+ Suspension Lifts

I NEED ANSWERS lol I have a 2014 gmc and have the 5 inch rough country lift with 305/55/20's with a -24 offset no trimming and love the stance.. want to get 35's since my 33's are worn out .. bought a 1.25 body lift and wondering if that will work?

Finally got my lift installed. 6.5" Zone suspension & 1.5" Zone body with 35x12.5x20 Trail Grapplers, 20x9 Fuel Krank with 0 offset and 5 backspace.

That's a good lookin' truck right there! Why did you decide to go with the Zone lift? I see more and more people going with the Zone recently. Also, I was on the fence about going with either the FabTech, or the BDS lift...was leaning toward the BDS because of all the positive comments made on here about quality and customer service; but then I went and talked to a couple shops and they said the BDS warranty isn't as good as advertised because they don't answer their phone and won't get back to you in a timely fashion. That said, what made you decide to go with the Zone lift over all the alternatives?

• Like 1

That's a good lookin' truck right there! Why did you decide to go with the Zone lift? I see more and more people going with the Zone recently. Also, I was on the fence about going with either the FabTech, or the BDS lift...was leaning toward the BDS because of all the positive comments made on here about quality and customer service; but then I went and talked to a couple shops and they said the BDS warranty isn't as good as advertised because they don't answer their phone and won't get back to you in a timely fashion. That said, what made you decide to go with the Zone lift over all the alternatives?

I was actually torn between the BDS and the Zone kits. The installer that I used recommended those two kits, and I was fine with that. It really boiled down to what I wanted and what my budget would allow. I researched and researched for what it seemed like forever. I was originally going to go rough country, and then changed my mind; thought about just doing the level kit, changed my mind again. LOL. But then I kept reading about the Zone kits, and I liked seeing what I was reading and decided to go that route. And the cost difference allowed me to get some of the other things that I wanted, so that is why I went with them. I knew that they had good kits, and that they are like a sister company to BDS. The ride is absolutely amazing so far. IMO, it is as good if not better than stock. Hope that helps.

• Like 3

I was actually torn between the BDS and the Zone kits. The installer that I used recommended those two kits, and I was fine with that. It really boiled down to what I wanted and what my budget would allow. I researched and researched for what it seemed like forever. I was originally going to go rough country, and then changed my mind; thought about just doing the level kit, changed my mind again. LOL. But then I kept reading about the Zone kits, and I liked seeing what I was reading and decided to go that route. And the cost difference allowed me to get some of the other things that I wanted, so that is why I went with them. I knew that they had good kits, and that they are like a sister company to BDS. The ride is absolutely amazing so far. IMO, it is as good if not better than stock. Hope that helps.

AWESOME REPLY! I really appreciate you taking the time. Now I'm just narrowing things down to either the Zone or the Fabtech. How do you like the height of your lift. 6.5" seems so high to me. That's what kills me....I want to lift the truck, but I think a 4" might be a bit modest and a 6" a little too high! AHHHHH! lol

• Like 2

I'm going with 7". Over time you won't really notice the lift any longer an it will begin to feel small lol is what I'm told. So I'm going RCX due to I'm a southern boy (okie) an most us country boys run that but when the time comes I feel I need or want more I'll add a 3" body an 37s as well as step up to 3.73 or 4.10 gears along side that.

Edited by 2014Sandylifted
  • Like 1

AWESOME REPLY! I really appreciate you taking the time. Now I'm just narrowing things down to either the Zone or the Fabtech. How do you like the height of your lift. 6.5" seems so high to me. That's what kills me....I want to lift the truck, but I think a 4" might be a bit modest and a 6" a little too high! AHHHHH! lol

I love the height of the truck as it sits now, for me, it is the perfect height (I am also 6'3"). I have the 6.5" suspension and the 1.5" body lifts, but I also put on the AMP power steps, and that makes it real easy to get in and out. IMO, the steps drop the ideal distance for me.

• Like 1

Finally got a set of tires on the truck. There a 35x12.50r17. Looks way better. I also found out that a rzr 800s will fit in an extra short box truck!!

That barely fits in there!!

And I'd like to see a vid of you getting in and out of the truck.