2014+ Suspension Lifts

Well, it's done. I did it in a day with a buddy. Dangerdick ain't the only one anymore, lol. The magneride is all still 100% intact and functional. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about the install process of the kit and I'll be happy to answer them or include pictures. Anywhere else I should post this?

image7_zpsoodk4jcb.jpeg

Edited by ProModMike
  • Like 3

Well, it's done. I did it in a day with a buddy. Dangerdick ain't the only one anymore, lol. The magneride is all still 100% intact and functional. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about the install process of the kit and I'll be happy to answer them or include pictures. Anywhere else I should post this?

image7_zpsoodk4jcb.jpeg

Wow looks good what kit is that and what size? Also how long did it take to install?

Wow looks good what kit is that and what size? Also how long did it take to install?

Thanks a ton!! It's the Full Throttle Suspension 7" kit that retains the magnetic ride control that's on the 2015 Denali's. It's actually not listed on their website, but if you call them they can tell you all about it. It took us about 8-10 hours just taking our time. But we also have an extremely well equipped facility for our toys.

image8_zpsn4rwcatf.jpeg

image2_zpsrsmjqlen.jpeg

image1_zps1iruhsqa.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks a ton!! It's the Full Throttle Suspension 7" kit that retains the magnetic ride control that's on the 2015 Denali's. It's actually not listed on their website, but if you call them they can tell you all about it. It took us about 8-10 hours just taking our time. But we also have an extremely well equipped facility for our toys.

image8_zpsn4rwcatf.jpeg

image2_zpsrsmjqlen.jpeg

image1_zps1iruhsqa.jpeg

Wow sounds good and I ordered a 7-9" mcgaughy lift but its been a month so I about to order a fts kit. How do you like it? How does it ride? I am going to be lifting it with my friends help since I work at body shop we have all the equipment and lifts so it shouldn't be that bad. How was the install?

Thanks for all the info

Wow sounds good and I ordered a 7-9" mcgaughy lift but its been a month so I about to order a fts kit. How do you like it? How does it ride? I am going to be lifting it with my friends help since I work at body shop we have all the equipment and lifts so it shouldn't be that bad. How was the install?

Thanks for all the info

Does yours have the magneride? Only the 2015 Denalis have it. But either way you can't go wrong with an FTS kit. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of it. We didn't have to hammer anything or pry anything beyond a reasonable amount. The one piece of advice I'll give is to grind the weld around the bottom of the front shock down a good bit so the strut extension will slide over it easier. You'll see what I mean if you go with this kit. You should be fine. It took me and an equally capable buddy about 8-10 hours just taking our time. I figured it was easier to leave the truck off the lift and just set it up on some big jackstands instead. Reason being it made using a floor jack to install the strut extension easier. If you've ever taken a front end apart, you'll be fine.

See my post about 4-5 above yours? I just installed an FTS 7" on my '15 Denali this past weekend. What kit did you buy? Are you referring to cutting the bushing off? You're welcome to PM me if you have any specific questions on the cutting or I can provide a phone number and I can talk you through it.

Does yours have the magneride? Only the 2015 Denalis have it. But either way you can't go wrong with an FTS kit. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of it. We didn't have to hammer anything or pry anything beyond a reasonable amount. The one piece of advice I'll give is to grind the weld around the bottom of the front shock down a good bit so the strut extension will slide over it easier. You'll see what I mean if you go with this kit. You should be fine. It took me and an equally capable buddy about 8-10 hours just taking our time. I figured it was easier to leave the truck off the lift and just set it up on some big jackstands instead. Reason being it made using a floor jack to install the strut extension easier. If you've ever taken a front end apart, you'll be fine.

Mine is not the magnaride but I am looking to do a 7" kit if the Mcgaughy kit doesn't ship this week I am probably switching to a FTS kit but I heard the FTS and Mcgaughy lifts are very similar in construction and I was looking for some tips on installing since this is my first time lifting a truck and tearing a front end apart. I am working on it with someone who has lifted a jeep before but never a truck.

I'm not 100% familiar with the Mcgaughy kit, but either way it shouldn't be a big deal. As far as tips, I don't really have any to speak of, but I'll help any way I can, just let me know if you have questions.

I'm not 100% familiar with the Mcgaughy kit, but either way it shouldn't be a big deal. As far as tips, I don't really have any to speak of, but I'll help any way I can, just let me know if you have questions.

I was told from someone that sells both kits that they are very similar but I will definitely let you know if I have any questions. Also I just got an email that the lift was shipped and should be here on Monday