2014+ Suspension Lifts

Damn, looks really nice! Plans to do anything to the bumper?

Im thinking about it. I just got to find time of taking off the bumper sanding and finding good weather to get it done. Also tossing around the idea of selling her

• Like 1

New to the fullsize game here. I personally drive a Tacoma but my dad picked up '14 Denali and I am trying to piece together a quality lift for him. It really will only be seeing street use but needs to be reliable and comfortable if the going gets tough. He is deadset on running 35's and wants as little lift as possible to clear them. I like the BDS 4" kit but want to upgrade the coilovers and rears for something like Fox, King, or Icon. I know on Tacomas Icon makes custom coilovers to fit with a drop bracket lift, do any of the reputable companies provide an option like this that would work with the BDS 4" kit? Are there any other companies I should look at that I dont know of? Thanks in advance.

if you order a Bds 6in with fox coilovers they are adjustable from 4-7inches of lift. I just got my kit and it's getting installed this weekend I will be adjusting it down to 4-5in with stock 20in wheels and 35s

• Like 1

Can you elaborate on that? I assume you're talking about the adjustability of the CO but if it's a 6" drop bracket then how are you able to go under 6" of lift? Wouldn't it be good for 6-9"?

Just got off the phone with him and the off road shop talked him into a Fabtech 6" kit with Fox 2.5" Coilover and rear Fox 2.0". I'm okay with the Fox parts as I know they are good quality but I am unfamiliar with the Fabtech kit. Any input on this kit?

I'm running a 6" Fabtech with 35's, no rubbing and no trimming. The kit is well made and the components are high quality. The only negative is the design of the drop spindles. Just a heads up, you will lose some turning radius due to the spindle design. I've gotten used to avoiding u-turns and tight parking lot maneuvers can be a little challenging. Just something to keep in mind when making your decision.

[

Edited by bkdR1

if you order a Bds 6in with fox coilovers they are adjustable from 4-7inches of lift. I just got my kit and it's getting installed this weekend I will be adjusting it down to 4-5in with stock 20in wheels and 35s

The BDS 4 and 6in kits are the same except for the struts length and rear block size. With the Fox CO upgrade they come preset at 6in. The drop bracket is 4inches. So with 6inches of lift the cv's will have a slight angle. Set at 4 inches the CV will be at the stock angels.

Why would you wanna sell the truck!?

I drive a lot. April made 1 year I've owned the truck and I have 34K miles on her and to be honest I don't use the truck as a truck as much as I use to or would for the past 3 years. Mainly a people carrier and snow wheeler and occasional fishing/ trail off roader

Installed Pro Comp 4" Lift. Chose this lift because there wasn't modifications to the suspension and would not void the new truck warranty. I've put 3000 miles on this lift and have never had a problem and truck's ride is still great. 4 Wheel Parts installed this lift and said I can go up to 35" tires without any problems.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/philwhall/library/Fender%20Flares%20and%20Side%20window%20deflectors

• Like 1

Okay I'm having a real hard time choosing a lift here...

I was set on the Zone 4.5" because they are a sister company to BDS, people talk highly of them and it seems like a quality kit. I've always thought Rough Country is garbage because people just don't have good things to say about them. I just don't understand how Zone and Rough Country are the same price when apparently one is so much better than the other?

I don't want a 6" lift, because they are so overdone on trucks they don't even stand out anymore to me. I also think 6" is the size trucks start to look ridiculous.

So... I'm looking at 4", 4.5", and 5" lifts. I don't want anything higher than 5". I don't want to spend $2000 for a lift, that's absolutely insane. Right now I'm looking at the Zone and Rough Country... can anyone give me any tips, or if anyone has these lifts, give me their experience?

Edited by Habs