2014+ Suspension Lifts

Sjtoo17

Truck looks great! Any rubbing from the wide wheels up front? If so how much trimming. Thanks

No rubbing at full lock unless I'm in reverse, and it's so minor I may just heat up the fender well & push it in.post-141567-0-20519300-1430192365_thumb.jpgpost-141567-0-50101500-1430192382_thumb.jpg

post-141567-0-20519300-1430192365_thumb.jpg

post-141567-0-50101500-1430192382_thumb.jpg

For reference to those debating lifts, here's mine I just finished along with my .

Fabtech 4" suspension

Fuel Beast 20x10 -18 et

33x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country R/T

The ride, height, softness of the R/T's, turning radius are all amazing and exactly what I wanted out of this truck. With the Fabtech kit, seemed like a bit much fab work for my liking (I did the lift myself). In retrospect, I think it would be better to accomplish the 4" from a level kit and 1.5" body. I had to cut off front diff cooling fins, a whole section of the front side of the diff, a section out of the lower driver's side control arm bracket, the upper control arm bracket stoops, etc.

With the Fuel wheels, I LOVE them. They're kind of greyish in pictures, but almost a magnesium/bronze color in person. What I didn't like about the wheels is you have to buy smaller aftermarket lug nuts, and the set I bought didn't seem to be acorning into the wheel tight and I ended up over tightening the nuts, stretching out the lugs.

Any questions feel free to ask.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hows the noise level with those toyo R/T's?

Hows the noise level with those toyo R/T's?

Lockey,

Probably the best decision I have ever made when considering/buying tires. In my opinion they're just as aggressive and probably better looking than any MT tire. They are by far the quietest MT tread style tire I have ever ridden in, and I'll bet they're even quieter once I get my alignment done in a couple days. There's almost no hum at 75 mph on the highway. I can't comment on their offroad capabilities yet, but when I get her on some back roads soon I'll be sure to report back.

If you're debating between AT and MT, I HIGHLY suggest you consider these tires. They are a bit more expensive than most of us would want to pay, but with the 45k mile warranty on them and considering ride quality, it's hard to pass up.

Lockey,

Probably the best decision I have ever made when considering/buying tires. In my opinion they're just as aggressive and probably better looking than any MT tire. They are by far the quietest MT tread style tire I have ever ridden in, and I'll bet they're even quieter once I get my alignment done in a couple days. There's almost no hum at 75 mph on the highway. I can't comment on their offroad capabilities yet, but when I get her on some back roads soon I'll be sure to report back.

If you're debating between AT and MT, I HIGHLY suggest you consider these tires. They are a bit more expensive than most of us would want to pay, but with the 45k mile warranty on them and considering ride quality, it's hard to pass up.

I can vouch for every word he said. The R/T's are phenomenal all around. You keep them spinning and they keep gripping and slinging mud.

Wow that's awesome to hear! I love the look of a mud tire but usually go with terra grapplers because they are very street friendly. I will definitely consider them.

These will outperform Terra grapplers any day of the week.

Mine is not the magnaride but I am looking to do a 7" kit if the Mcgaughy kit doesn't ship this week I am probably switching to a FTS kit but I heard the FTS and Mcgaughy lifts are very similar in construction and I was looking for some tips on installing since this is my first time lifting a truck and tearing a front end apart. I am working on it with someone who has lifted a jeep before but never a truck.

I have the McGaughy's kit set at 8" and get a light vibration when in 4wheel hi. Contact McGaughys about it and sent in pictures and they said everything looks perfect and that some trucks just need a driveshaft and they will not cover the cost. Not exactly the best service I've dealt with. Since it's summer, I'll worry about it in the fall. I'd go a different route than Mcgaughys though. The chrome inserts have started rusting after just 6 months as well. Another thing that they will not cover. Not really sure what their warranty does cover.....

• Like 1

I got a 3 inch lift on my 2014 sierra its one of those ready lift kits i believe so technically a slightly bigger leveling kit including a slightly bigger block in the rear and put the Fuel tires 33x12.5x20 and have a bit of a rub on the upper control arm on full turn and want to know what offset i can get on rims to eliminate the problem and not going crazy on the offset.

post-142980-0-10613300-1430371806_thumb.jpg

Edited by daviddlfo

Just got my lift installed! Here on some pictures!

6" BDS with MT 17" Rims wrapped in 35' x 12.5" BF Goodrich K02. No rubbing, rides great!

Towing a 16' Chaparral

Edited by azarj10

Why spend the money on the pricey lifts when you can just buy a Zone Lift (sister company of BDS) for a fraction of the price? All the reviews I've seen on here speak very highly of this lift. Anybody know the big differences between one vs. the other? My truck has the steel control arms, not the aluminum. I really want to lift the truck, but why so much variance in kit pricing? I'd imagine there can't be too many ways to lift a truck, so the parts/materials in each kit are likely very similar right?

Why spend the money on the pricey lifts when you can just buy a Zone Lift (sister company of BDS) for a fraction of the price? All the reviews I've seen on here speak very highly of this lift. Anybody know the big differences between one vs. the other? My truck has the steel control arms, not the aluminum. I really want to lift the truck, but why so much variance in kit pricing? I'd imagine there can't be too many ways to lift a truck, so the parts/materials in each kit are likely very similar right?

Sorry for the double post..

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra all terrain with 5inch rcx lift kit , 20x10 rockstar rims with -24 offset and 305/55/20 copper zeon ltz tires , amp power step , bushwaker pocket style fended flares , boral exhaust with metal mulisha 4 inch tip ... Looking to put 1.25 rough country or 1.5 zone body lift to fit 35's

DFD72325-B97F-4856-8878-9A39CE53EAE4.jpg

58D6ADDD-DD0B-4295-A056-58AA3C086C7F.jpg

0B87492D-8483-4493-9835-52660D324184.jpg

I'm having a hard time deciding which lift to go with. I will be installing the exact same size tires as yours and rims with the same measurements as well. I am torn between the RCX 5", the skyjacker 4" and the RCX 4.75" combo lift. Would you mind posting measurements to your wheel wells or maybe any pictures you have next to stock vehicles? Also, any feedback you can give on the lift would be very much appreciated!

Sorry for the double post..

I just got my BDS with fox coilover and rear leafsprings. Before I bought I talked to BDS a lot. Basically the spindles are the only part that the zone and BDS share. They each have their own different crossmember designs. BDS uses replacement struts in front but reuses the oe coil springs. BDS also offers full leaf spring option in rear and Fox shocks/coilover option. ZONE crossmember is straight across and BSDS is arched to follow factory frame. Zone uses spacers on the factory struts and blocks and/or add a leafs in back

Edited by Payton34