2014+ Suspension Lifts

Sweet thanks. How's the handling/ride like? One reason I want to go with BDS is because they give new struts instead of just a spacer.

Well i started out with the strut spacer but later on got rid of the spacer and had custom coil overs built. handling was just fine and rode about the same as stock with the spacer. i can tell i difference with the new coils though on the rough stuff. if i could go back i would have started with BDS b/c of the new struts but they didnt have that option when i was looking though

Edited by sawyer_dowell_3

Well i started out with the strut spacer but later on got rid of the spacer and had custom coil overs built. handling was just fine and rode about the same as stock with the spacer. i can tell i difference with the new coils though on the rough stuff. if i could go back i would have started with BDS b/c of the new struts but they didnt have that option when i was looking though

Yeah I'm really considering BDS. I'll probably add the 1.25" RCX body lift to clear 35s with lots of room.

Something I don't get at all, however, is that BDS and Zone both claim you can run 35s on their lifts, yet with RCX's 5" lift which is higher than both of them, says you can only run 33s... wtf?

Yeah I'm really considering BDS. I'll probably add the 1.25" RCX body lift to clear 35s with lots of room.

Something I don't get at all, however, is that BDS and Zone both claim you can run 35s on their lifts, yet with RCX's 5" lift which is higher than both of them, says you can only run 33s... wtf?

Why not just go with the bds 6" lift? Lol

New to the fullsize game here. I personally drive a Tacoma but my dad picked up '14 Denali and I am trying to piece together a quality lift for him. It really will only be seeing street use but needs to be reliable and comfortable if the going gets tough. He is deadset on running 35's and wants as little lift as possible to clear them. I like the BDS 4" kit but want to upgrade the coilovers and rears for something like Fox, King, or Icon. I know on Tacomas Icon makes custom coilovers to fit with a drop bracket lift, do any of the reputable companies provide an option like this that would work with the BDS 4" kit? Are there any other companies I should look at that I dont know of? Thanks in advance.

So after doing my research and picking out a quality kit my dad decides to scrap the whole idea of a lift. A few weeks later he decides to lift it once again and doesnt say anything to me... Anyways the shop ends up talking him out of the BDS with Fox coilovers and he ended up with a basic Rancho 6" lift and is turning some 35's. That's all I know for now but he seems to really like it. Going to see it tomorrow, I'll get all the specs and take some pictures for reference.

• Like 1

so here is mine its a rough country 7 inch only got about 5.5 inches out of it. i regret not going mcgaughy lift a buddy of mine has it done up and set to 9 inches and i swear he is about a good 3 inches taller then me. im sitting on 22x12s with 35s and i only rub a full lock turn

post-145045-0-85243300-1434955076_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well that is one sharp looking truck you have so I wouldn't worry to much about how high it sits, but that is only my opinion. Looks very good though!

so here is mine its a rough country 7 inch only got about 5.5 inches out of it. i regret not going mcgaughy lift a buddy of mine has it done up and set to 9 inches and i swear he is about a good 3 inches taller then me. im sitting on 22x12s with 35s and i only rub a full lock turn

• Like 2

dcc0ccd87e5ee9400cdc55d51b5cc699.jpg got the CST 10" KIT installed, finally, I thought my zone 5" rode awesome.... But this kit is flawless, installed atlas soft ride Springs in the back, rides like a caddy. af7d8af9af258d662603845e24758b3a.jpg

Very Nice, was want i wanted, but got what i could afford, lol

I've never put more thought into anything in my life until now!

I am still considering the Zone 4.5 and BDS 4, but found this recently:

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-2234c.html

5" Rough Country lift. Is that the one that uses the knuckles, so it would also push my front track width out? Anyone know by how much, and if this is a quality lift? Rough Country has gotten a lot of bad rep. I know the Zone and BDS both push the front out by 1.5", so I would buy 1.5" wheel spacers for the rear.

When I contacted Rough Country with that exact question, they told me I would have to buy a 2" spacer to correct the track with front to rear. I do know that was due to the requirement of a 1/4" spacer in front so I could use the stock GM 20" rims.

I'd like to get the BDS 4" and fit a 35" tire with that, but with an 18" wheel. BDS recommends a 33" tire with the 18x9, however I don't see the reasoning behind that if a 35x12.50x20 fits. The wheels I'm looking at are 18x9 with 0 offset. My only concern there is with the extra 1-2" up front with the kit, and then running a 0 offset, that may stick out too far on a 35x12.50x18.

Has anyone tried this combination? If it won't work, I'll just most likely stick with a level and 33's. It sounds crazy that we'd have to go 6" just to fit a 35 with 18" wheel on these trucks.

I have a 2.5 leveling and 1.5 body lift and running 35/12.50r20 but rims r +12 ..zip tide my fender skirts back not sure if I really needed to.. did it before I put them on.. $720 dollars total for all of it included the alignment.. May not ride as good as suspension lift but much cheaper.. but everybody that drives my truck says wow drives so good with 35s

I have a 2.5 leveling and 1.5 body lift and running 35/12.50r20 but rims r +12 ..zip tide my fender skirts back not sure if I really needed to.. did it before I put them on.. $720 dollars total for all of it included the alignment.. May not ride as good as suspension lift but much cheaper.. but everybody that drives my truck says wow drives so good with 35s

Any more pics of your truck?

Thanks, how much do the tires stick out? I'm afraid with the 0 offset it may look weird.

Edit: I guess with a leveling kit and body lift it wouldn't stick the front tires out further like the suspension kit would.

Edited by 1jeds