2014+ Suspension Lifts

So I recently put the Mcgaughys 7-9" kit set at 8" on my truck and so far I love it, nothing bad to say about it yet. When I received the lift everything was great quality and also in great packaging along with color instructions. I was wondering for all the people running large lifts 7" plus what are you doing about shocks and struts? I am looking to upgrade the rear shocks and maybe install front coilovers but am having trouble finding shocks that are for 7"+ of lift. If anyone has any companies or links to find them that would be great. Thank you

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

With all the upgrades and suspension geometry changes you guys have done, has anyone upgraded the tie-rods? The stock ones seem wimpy enough for a stock half-ton let alone a lifted truck with 33's or 35's. I've been searching for a good hour now and the few HD tie-rods I've found for GM half-tons say they aren't compatible with our electric steering for some reason.

Nothing much out there.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/170502-tie-rod-upgrade/?do=findComment&comment=1590558

Edited by 14x4

So I recently put the Mcgaughys 7-9" kit set at 8" on my truck and so far I love it, nothing bad to say about it yet. When I received the lift everything was great quality and also in great packaging along with color instructions. I was wondering for all the people running large lifts 7" plus what are you doing about shocks and struts? I am looking to upgrade the rear shocks and maybe install front coilovers but am having trouble finding shocks that are for 7"+ of lift. If anyone has any companies or links to find them that would be great. Thank you

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Icon vehicle dynamics can custom build their shocks for whatever length you need. I had a custom set of coil overs built for my truck with a 4.5 inch lift. Pm if you want some details
  • Like 1

With all the upgrades and suspension geometry changes you guys have done, has anyone upgraded the tie-rods? The stock ones seem wimpy enough for a stock half-ton let alone a lifted truck with 33's or 35's. I've been searching for a good hour now and the few HD tie-rods I've found for GM half-tons say they aren't compatible with our electric steering for some reason.

My BDS kit came with new tie rods.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rawhide I tried to respond to your question about the ProComp Stage 2 lift. I could not send the message privately for some reason. So ill try it here. You asked what I thought of the lift and why I purchased it.

Thank for the compliment.

I purchased this lift because when I test drove the 6 inch lifted Silverado's at the dealership it rode smooth. The dealership uses this lift from 4Wheel Parts in my town on their 6 inch lifted trucks. It rode as smooth as the stock Z71's. Only problem is they tacked on 10,000 to the price of the truck if I purchased it with the lift and THEIR 20 inch wheels and 32inch tires.

So I purchased the stock Z71 with 18wheels and ran over to 4Wheel Parts to pick out my taste in 20inch wheels and 35 inch Toyo's AT2's. I saved around 4grand. The wife and 6 month old son sit in the back and she says it rides great and notice no different in ride from stock. I also notice no difference from stock when I drive it. I have received plenty of compliments from friends and coworkers along with strangers in parking lots since I lifted her. She came looking and drivibg just as I had hoped.

Rik

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Payton34, would it be possible for you to take a picture of your truck from the front down the side? Your truck has become my inspiration and I would like to see how far those 35's stick out and the difference from the fronts and the rear tires. Thank you in advance.

Yes it increases the front the tires stick out 1- 1.5" the rear are flush with the body I didn't want to use spacers

Payton34, would it be possible for you to take a picture of your truck from the front down the side? Your truck has become my inspiration and I would like to see how far those 35's stick out and the difference from the fronts and the rear tires. Thank you in advance.

IMG 0988

IMG 0987

IMG 0989

IMG 0986

Anyone with Zone 4.5" or BDS 4", how is it holding up and could you post a picture of your angles?

Thanks

I've got the Zone 4.5 and its done very well. no problems out of it. I dont have any pics of the angles right now though. i'll try to get ya some

I've got the Zone 4.5 and its done very well. no problems out of it. I dont have any pics of the angles right now though. i'll try to get ya some

Sweet thanks. How's the handling/ride like? One reason I want to go with BDS is because they give new struts instead of just a spacer.