2014+ Leveling Kits

For those guys who have 2014 & have had them on for a while is there any negative impact that come directly from having it leveled?

20K so far...no issues with my level. You can look at your angles of your CV shaft and see that there is more strain and also on the UCA ball joint itself. Might cause premature wear so you are replacing ball joints at 50K or so I've read. If you are that worried about it, put on a set of Cognito UCAs or use a differential drop kit. Or go with a real lift like BDS.

295/60/20, w/ 20x9 +1 offset wheels with a 2.5in level... think this will work with out rubbing and/or very slim trimming?

Might depend on brand (Goodyear, Toyo, etc.) and style (Duratrac, A/T II, M/T, etc) of tire as actual measurement of tire can vary even though they are same size. I'm running Toyo A/T II 295/60/20 (33.9") with a 2.5" level and stock +27mm high country rims. Just barely rubs (like 1/16" barely) the inner liner at full lock in reverse. You'd possibly have some moderate rubbing with that +1 offset rim and that size. I could be wrong but you'd probably have to do a decent amount of trimming. A 305/55/20 might be better for that offset just by the research I did before I got mine but again just throwing out my opinion. Anyone please feel free to correct if I'm off base. May just depend on actual tire dimensions though. What brand/style were you looking at?

Might depend on brand (Goodyear, Toyo, etc.) and style (Duratrac, A/T II, M/T, etc) of tire as actual measurement of tire can vary even though they are same size. I'm running Toyo A/T II 295/60/20 (33.9") with a 2.5" level and stock +27mm high country rims. Just barely rubs (like 1/16" barely) the inner liner at full lock in reverse. You'd possibly have some moderate rubbing with that +1 offset rim and that size. I could be wrong but you'd probably have to do a decent amount of trimming. A 305/55/20 might be better for that offset just by the research I did before I got mine but again just throwing out my opinion. Anyone please feel free to correct if I'm off base. May just depend on actual tire dimensions though. What brand/style were you looking at?

thanks bro! im looking at the 20x9 +1 fuel maverick D5372 and id like to either get Terra grappler G2's or the Toyo's! im looking for a little tire outside of the fender well atleast that's the stance id like to achieve if its more flush than anything that is fine, but definitely cant have it inside the fender well, I don't want any rubbing and would be okay with very minor trimming and or the zip tie trick

Have you taken your truck offroad with those tires?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Have you taken your truck offroad with those tires?

No sir. That's under normal street/highway driving in the High Country. I can't bring myself to off-road a $55k truck other than in and out of a field from time to time, and I cringe when I do that. Edited by bwilloby46
  • Like 1

Finally gonna get around to getting a level kit installed. Was hoping I could hit around the $300 range Ive been seeing you guys talk about but up here its looking like $450-$550. Gonna go with 2" to keep a lil bit of rake since I'll be towing a boat this summer dont wanna sit nose high.

Im on stock tires/wheels for now prob wont upgrade there for another 6 months or so. Thinking of going with Terra Grapplers not sure on size yet though.

Good looking truck everyone so many diff looks but all great at the same time.

No sir. That's under normal street/highway driving in the High Country. I can't bring myself to off-road a $55k truck other than in and out of a field from time to time, and I cringe when I do that.

finally someone else makes sense!! I get made fun of cus I love the look of the off roading trucks but won't take my baby off road! All show! Most she will touch is a slick boat ramp!

finally someone else makes sense!! I get made fun of cus I love the look of the off roading trucks but won't take my baby off road! All show! Most she will touch is a slick boat ramp!

This comment is kind of contradicting. Let us make the comments. We see the offroad tires and level/lift and ask what it's used for. You say oh nothing it hasn't even touch mud once. What do you expect. Why not leave it stock if you aren't going to use the lift and tires on what they were put there for.

This comment is kind of contradicting. Let us make the comments. We see the offroad tires and level/lift and ask what it's used for. You say oh nothing it hasn't even touch mud once. What do you expect. Why not leave it stock if you aren't going to use the lift and tires on what they were put there for.

Although I feel your post is extemely trolling ill entertain the fact you think it's a contradiction, you may want the level wheels and tires for hitting the trail and getting in the good ole mud hole or whatever you intend to use ur truck for. I however want the level wheels and tires because I think the look is very sharp looking and hay I dropped xxx amount of money on a truck why not make it exactly how I would like it to look. Hope that clears up the confusion