In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

10 hours ago, jthoske said:

Hey guys, way too much info to sort through here...

I've got a 2018 LT Z71 Crewcab w/ factory 20" wheels. I added AirLift bags to the back earlier this year to reduce squat when pulling my 28' TT and improve ride quality. With the AirLift bags I'm measuring 39.5" in the rear and 36.5" in the front.

I've got 30k miles on the truck now.  Once the factory Goodyears give up I'm wanting to get 33" A/Ts on the factory 20" rims. 

What is the best leveling kit to get me close to level without worrying about rubbing with 33s, replacing UCA, ball joint wear, etc?

silverado.jpg

I was just the opposite of your scenario. On my 2016 w/20" rims, I had added the Rough Country spacers that gave me about a 2" level on front and matched the rear. I didn't need to change anything else out. I finally got around to changing out the tires last December and went with 275/60R20 Falken Wildpeaks. This size will give you 33". I have no rubbing at all. Then I finally picked up my 2021 Wildwood FSX Toyhauler in March. It's a 25' and even with correctly setup WDH, my sag in rear, although completely normal, put the rear too low and had my headlights pointed skyward at night. I then added the Airlift 5000 bags and air them up to just under 20lbs when towing. That seems to work just fine. When not towing, I run maybe 5-10psi and that keeps me level. 

So my point is a 2" spacer level should be all you need to run 33" tires.

Edited by mikeyk101
  • Like 2
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i put my RC 2" level kit and Toyo 295/55/20's on this weekend. Install was simple, just like on my 2011. It definitely helps to have an extra set of hands when wedging that spacer in there. 295/

Thanks. Here is one more from yesterday. Considering we're getting 8-10 inches of rain the next two days, I won't be taking any better pics soon.  

Mine is finally done! After months of research I went with the RC 2.5" level kit front only, stock rear block. 20"x9" Fuel Nutz w/ +1 offset, 33x12.50x20 Toyo M/T tires. No rubbing, No trimming, yet a

Posted Images

On 4/4/2021 at 12:46 AM, MikeBMW said:

Yes, I had 33s prior with just a 2" level, got rubbing on the UCA.
Went with the 3" and my guy told me he wouldn't do it without new UCAs.
And, yes, after the body lift, a laborious task no shop in my are wanted to do to so I had to do it myself, the 35s fit fine.
I did go to the installer of the 35s and asked them to install the fronts so I could check clearance. before committing to the install. If they didn't fit, I was ready to put back on the 33s.
Happily, the 35s were fine and, with the Motofab UCAs, no rubbing.
To be fair, I had already measured everything and trimmed a small part of the front fender liner on the inside.No one would even notice it, except me. :)

I posted this a bit ago.
Even with the 2" level, on stock rims, you'll need to replace the UCAs.
I used Motofab UCAs and, even with my 35s and a 1" extra lift from the Bilsteins as well as the 3" Motofab level, and a rear 1" block and 1.5" rear spring lift and a 1.5" body lift, the 35s fit comfortably.
As mentioned by @mikeyk101, 33s will fit on a 2" level, but, you will get some rubbing if you don't replace the UCAs. (with 33x12.5s)

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Confused 1
On 7/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, mikeyk101 said:

I was just the opposite of your scenario. On my 2016 w/20" rims, I had added the Rough Country spacers that gave me about a 2" level on front and matched the rear. I didn't need to change anything else out. I finally got around to changing out the tires last December and went with 275/60R20 Falken Wildpeaks. This size will give you 33". I have no rubbing at all. Then I finally picked up my 2021 Wildwood FSX Toyhauler in March. It's a 25' and even with correctly setup WDH, my sag in rear, although completely normal, put the rear too low and had my headlights pointed skyward at night. I then added the Airlift 5000 bags and air them up to just under 20lbs when towing. That seems to work just fine. When not towing, I run maybe 5-10psi and that keeps me level. 

So my point is a 2" spacer level should be all you need to run 33" tires.

Thanks. I was kind of thinking the 2" is what I needed. Is your ride quality any worse when unloaded? I bought the AirLift 5000 that has the internal jounce bumpers so when I'm unloaded I usually let all of the air out of it. I felt like the AirLift also raised the back end up ~1" or so unloaded, even with no air in the system.

Did you buy the RC leveling kit that goes above or below the shock/strut?

• 4 weeks later...

Got my 2.5” Rough Country leveling kit installed, accompanied by 2” wheel spacers all around and Nexen Roadian MTX 33” tires wrapped on stock rims. Needed a bit of trimming in the front but overall nothing drastic. 

C0086404-9454-4F9A-ACF0-B7D10F9C89A3.jpeg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Daws18LTZ said:

Got my 2.5” Rough Country leveling kit installed, accompanied by 2” wheel spacers all around and Nexen Roadian MTX 33” tires wrapped on stock rims. Needed a bit of trimming in the front but overall nothing drastic. 

C0086404-9454-4F9A-ACF0-B7D10F9C89A3.jpeg

Great job! Nice looking truck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, jthoske said:

Hey guys, way too much info to sort through here...

I've got a 2018 LT Z71 Crewcab w/ factory 20" wheels. I added AirLift bags to the back earlier this year to reduce squat when pulling my 28' TT and improve ride quality. With the AirLift bags I'm measuring 39.5" in the rear and 36.5" in the front.

I've got 30k miles on the truck now.  Once the factory Goodyears give up I'm wanting to get 33" A/Ts on the factory 20" rims. 

What is the best leveling kit to get me close to level without worrying about rubbing with 33s, replacing UCA, ball joint wear, etc?

silverado.jpg

If you are worried about balljoint wear, stick with a 1.5" or 2" leveling kit.

25 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

If you are worried about balljoint wear, stick with a 1.5" or 2" leveling kit.

True.
Or, go with a new UCA set up for a level to help alleviate such issues on up to a 3" level.

• 1 month later...