2014+ Leveling Kits

Hey guys, lots of questions for you:

I have a 2016 Silverado I'd like to do some mild offroading and camping in, but definitely would need to get the truck up off the ground (stock 4x4 height now) some. I ALSO need the front/rear to be able to handle a winch and an occasional motorcycle hauler on the rear hitch.  We get a lot of washboard roads here so I'd need something that will be smooth on that if possible. I definitely don't need a race truck lift.  2-3" with a larger tire would do wonders. Recommendations?

Would I need a helper spring in the rear when using the motorcycle hitch (about 500 lbs moto)?  I think tongue weight will be about 800# or so.

2.5” coilovers up front, add a leaf out back, 33-34” tires and if necessary grab some airbags for the hitch mounted bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD. I want to install the Rough Country 2" Level (#1307) and switch from 275/55/r20 to 275/60/r20 and keep the stock 20" wheels. I just called Rough Country and they said that I'd need the 0.25" wheel spacers (#1065) to go from a 32" tire to a 33" tire. Has anyone had problems with this same setup without using the wheel spacers?

Hey everyone. I have a 2 inch front level on my 2015 with stock 17" wheels and tires still. I was getting ready to get some new wheels and go 285/70/17 Toyo AT3s.  However, I've been thinking lately about trying to get bigger tires (maybe 285/70/18s) and going a bit higher with the level. 

I really like the looks of trucks with a 3" level (probably should have done that to begin with).  If I switch to a 3" level (with new UCAs), will that give me room for something closer to a 34" tire, like 285/70/18 or 305/70/17?

Edited by malibu43

7 hours ago, malibu43 said:

Hey everyone. I have a 2 inch front level on my 2015 with stock 17" wheels and tires still. I was getting ready to get some new wheels and go 285/70/17 Toyo AT3s.  However, I've been thinking lately about trying to get bigger tires (maybe 285/70/18s) and going a bit higher with the level. 

I really like the looks of trucks with a 3" level (probably should have done that to begin with).  If I switch to a 3" level (with new UCAs), will that give me room for something closer to a 34" tire, like 285/70/18 or 305/70/17?

I'm running a 3" front level and 1" rear block lift with a 1.5" rear spring lift.
Also, a 1.5" body lift with Motofab UCAs.
I have, comfortably, fitted 35x12.5x18 BFG All Terrains.

IMG_0142.jpg

5 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

I'm running a 3" front level and 1" rear block lift with a 1.5" rear spring lift.
Also, a 1.5" body lift with Motofab UCAs.
I have, comfortably, fitted 35x12.5x18 BFG All Terrains.

IMG_0142.jpg

Thanks.  So the body lift allows you to run s bigger tire than with just the 3" level, right? 

1 minute ago, malibu43 said:

Thanks.  So the body lift allows you to run s bigger tire than with just the 3" level, right? 

Yes, I had 33s prior with just a 2" level, got rubbing on the UCA.
Went with the 3" and my guy told me he wouldn't do it without new UCAs.
And, yes, after the body lift, a laborious task no shop in my are wanted to do to so I had to do it myself, the 35s fit fine.
I did go to the installer of the 35s and asked them to install the fronts so I could check clearance. before committing to the install. If they didn't fit, I was ready to put back on the 33s.
Happily, the 35s were fine and, with the Motofab UCAs, no rubbing.
To be fair, I had already measured everything and trimmed a small part of the front fender liner on the inside.No one would even notice it, except me. :)

Depends on your rim offset. I’m right around 2.5” lift and fit 285/75/17s and just pulled the liner back and it doesn’t rub. You could prob fit this size with your current leveling kit with a bit of plastic trimming

64012d5061a134c7bf15899ce5137db6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished everything up. Running an Eibach pro truck lift with Dirt King Fab upper control arms. I also upgraded to Moog tie rod ends and sway bar end links. In the rear I swapped the stock 1inch block for a 2inch block. Got 17x8.5 0mm Method NVs on 285/75r17 cooper discoverer XLT. Also did an LED headlight conversion and swapped the fog lights for amber Diode Dynamic pod lights. 

let me know if yall have any questions! Turned out pretty good in my opinion. 

8EEDE2F8-361A-49EF-B10A-D7C1B6BE112F.jpeg

• Like 4

New here, so I apologize if this has been beat to death, but after reading 200 or so of the post and still not able to find  exactly what I'm looking for i figure i should just ask. 

Got a 18 Silverado 5.3  with a rough country 2"  level and 295/55/r20 toyo at3s on 20x9 fuel contra's +19 offset.  Have put about 300 miles on and first impressions is the weight of those toyos definitely slugs her. 

Anyway, what I'm interested in is to see if anyone is running a similar set up and actually put some miles on that rc level?  My angles don't look too bad to me but I'm wondering what kind of life ya'll are getting out of the stock suspension components with a 2 inch block and 33's (well not quite)? Ive read a couple guys talking about some pretty extensive repairs at like 20k and just like to see what you guys have to say about it.  I realize I'm in for some accelerated wear and tear but i don't off road much and nothing extreme and only tow a light fishing boat on occasion. Just want to see what im going to be in for a year or two out? 

20210416_063226_HDR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have read many of the posts and I'm more confused now than before. I want to do 2 things: 1. install some sort of leveling kit/ device along with new shocks front and rear and 2. put on the biggest tires that will fit. I was thinking I was going to get the Bilstein 5100's. I thought that these included a method of leveling my truck, but I have seen people mention spacers. Not sure if they mean spacers for the rims or to provide the leveling of the front end of the truck. I have a 2016 1500 Silverado Z71 5.3L with the stock black 18 X 8.5" rims, which have a 24 mm offset. I was also believe that BFG KO2 275 70 R18's (33.2 X 10.8") will fit without rub... hopefully. These are 1.6" taller and 0.4 inches wider than the stock Duratracs on it now. I don't go off road very often, so I suppose it's mostly for looks. I do drive down Michigan dirt roads every day which are almost always rutted. I have noticed the stock Rancho's can get pretty squirley in the rear and the fronts seem to be rather soft. I am hoping that the Bilstein's would help that problem. I don't know, maybe I am better off with something else? Any help or knowledge as to exactly what I need is greatly appreciated. Maybe the part numbers for the front and rear Bilstein 5100's. Do I just get the shocks/ struts or do I need something else? I am more concerned with keeping the truck driving well on regular roads than being some sort of awesome off road beast. Going off roading is fun too though, but not my number 1 concern. Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:13 PM, GEZ71 said:

I have a 2015 chevy silverado z71 .I have oem 22’s . Looking for a good leveling kit, what do u guys recomend? Thanks

50D118D3-6D1A-4C29-AECE-8111819A2D67.jpeg

A56D1658-A080-4BFE-902F-3CDF07EE10CC.jpeg

Welcome to the site.

Good looking truck. Did not know you could use the 16+ headlights with the 14 - 15 grills.

Looks pretty cool!

• Like 1