2014+ Leveling Kits

I installed Eibach pro-truck lifted springs in the front set at 2.5 inches with an add-a-leaf in the rear on my '15 half-ton. Just put on 295/65r18 Duratracs on stock z71 wheels yesterday and it sits 39.75 inches front and 41.25 inches rear which is perfect for towing a trailer and having the truck sit level instead of rear sag. Here are some photos of the front wheel well at full turn with no rubbing whatsoever. I'll have more photos of the truck soon but I need to wash her first. This is my first ever post and have spent MONTHS researching leveling kits, lift kits, and tire size on these forums so i'd like to say thank you to you all!

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

20 hours ago, FilthyPoncho said:

I installed Eibach pro-truck lifted springs in the front set at 2.5 inches with an add-a-leaf in the rear on my '15 half-ton. Just put on 295/65r18 Duratracs on stock z71 wheels yesterday and it sits 39.75 inches front and 41.25 inches rear which is perfect for towing a trailer and having the truck sit level instead of rear sag. Here are some photos of the front wheel well at full turn with no rubbing whatsoever. I'll have more photos of the truck soon but I need to wash her first. This is my first ever post and have spent MONTHS researching leveling kits, lift kits, and tire size on these forums so i'd like to say thank you to you all!

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

have you had the Eibach kit installed long enough to be able to give it a complete review?  I think this kit is under rated and under used....

On 9/4/2020 at 4:50 PM, acinquegrana said:

Anyone run the rancho rs9000 quick lift? I have the readylift 2.25 now but want to upgrade the shocks and figure its better to have less spacers. To make up for the .25 i found a 1/2" spacer that goes ontop of the coils for $19. Steel. I could go with the oem rs9000 struts but for the same price I can just get the coils and not need a spring compressor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been running Rancho's Quick Lift system on my '14 All Terrain for well over 70k miles.  Simple system, easy install and rides better than stock (If I can even remember what that was like!).  I'm in the process of upgrading tires and inquired with Rancho's techs to find out it was designed to clear 32.8" x 11.5 tires.

I've had the Eibach kit for about 9,000 miles and it's been a good improvement over stock struts and shocks. Originally I had a BDS leveling kit installed but I was having issues with bad tire wear (nothing to do with the leveling kit since they started wearing poorly prior to install) and I narrowed the problem down to either worn struts or just terrible tires, plus I was at 60,000 miles so I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace the front struts and shocks. At first the Eibachs were extremely rough and the front nearly sat level with the rear even with an additional leaf spring, but it quickly settled and the ride became a lot better. Turning is so much nicer with less body roll and it takes large and small bumps well, although the added leaf makes washboard worse. The springs are heavy duty and made my repair shop a little nervous when they tried to compress the springs during install. I have it set at the lowest level (2.5 in) but you have 3 more options, one for a 3.2 in lift and the two highest settings for heavy duty situations like an after market bumper or snow plow. When everything needs replacing again i'm certain I'll go with Eibach. If its time to replace your struts and shocks and you want a level at the same time i would definitely go with the Eibach setup, and they look better than the stock Rancho. 

• Like 1

Stopped by Super Trucks here in Lakewood (Denver Area) to discuss a few options for a leveling kit on my 2015 Denali. Options are limited due to MagneRide. They were cool and helped me visualize it by jacking up the front end so the distance from ground to bottom of the wheel well increased exactly 2 inches. Pretty subtle, and still a little nose-down, but I think I'll like the look better than stock -- and hopefully doesn't look too squatted when pulling our vintage Airstream. I looked through almost every post here and never saw a direct comparison before/after image so I figured share this gif I threw together.

spacer.png

Edited by andymcintosh
  • Like 4

I did the superlift 4" kit which is essentially a leveling kit, but also requires lifting rear to get the level.  it used strut spacers up front , upper control arms, and rear lift blocks.  I went with the bilstien rear shock option.  I am exttremely happy with the performance of the kit.  The truck rides better, more controlled, yet smoother on road.  I was going to do the RC kit originally, but I really wanted to replace the control arms due to the weak stamped steel factory ones that came on my truck.  so the superlift kit offered that option for me.  I went with 33" tires, BF g's at's, ride nice and quiet and smooth, although alittle too quiet.  But the truck handles better than stock.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, FilthyPoncho said:

I've had the Eibach kit for about 9,000 miles and it's been a good improvement over stock struts and shocks. Originally I had a BDS leveling kit installed but I was having issues with bad tire wear (nothing to do with the leveling kit since they started wearing poorly prior to install) and I narrowed the problem down to either worn struts or just terrible tires, plus I was at 60,000 miles so I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace the front struts and shocks. At first the Eibachs were extremely rough and the front nearly sat level with the rear even with an additional leaf spring, but it quickly settled and the ride became a lot better. Turning is so much nicer with less body roll and it takes large and small bumps well, although the added leaf makes washboard worse. The springs are heavy duty and made my repair shop a little nervous when they tried to compress the springs during install. I have it set at the lowest level (2.5 in) but you have 3 more options, one for a 3.2 in lift and the two highest settings for heavy duty situations like an after market bumper or snow plow. When everything needs replacing again i'm certain I'll go with Eibach. If its time to replace your struts and shocks and you want a level at the same time i would definitely go with the Eibach setup, and they look better than the stock Rancho. 

did you get new/aftermarket control arms or just stick with factory?  i thought the lowest was 2.0"

On 7/19/2020 at 1:41 AM, MANDINGO said:

I just got my leveling kit installed and my new nitto ridge grapplers. Im happy with the look

20200718_102634.jpg

Hi,  what size tires did you go with here?   i have been debating what i can put on those 22's 

PS:  nevermind .... found it while scrolling through.   33x12.5    that's what i was looking at as well ..... looks good

Edited by giovannifh
mistake

On 9/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, FilthyPoncho said:

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

Part number for the BDS leaf? Your overall setup it quite similar to what I’m looking to get out of my truck. I just got the eibach stage 2.0 coilovers. 

15 hours ago, JonMS said:

Part number for the BDS leaf? Your overall setup it quite similar to what I’m looking to get out of my truck. I just got the eibach stage 2.0 coilovers. 

Part #111209. You can find it on the BDS website under accessories, but as I said in my previous post I would suggest having a full leaf added instead of the BDS. The leaf is smaller than I thought, only extending a few inches past the overload spring. When adding weight to the truck this setup puts awkward strain in the middle of the two longer leafs so I would suggest adding a full length leaf. If that makes sense. Here's a photo of it added.

IMG_1486.jpg

On 9/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, FilthyPoncho said:

2015 LTZ Midnight Edition with Eibach Pro Truck Kit set at 2.5in level with BDS add-a-leaf springs (just go to your local spring shop and have them add another leaf, don't bother buying the short BDS ones like I did) sitting on 295/65r18 Duratracs on stock wheels. 

IMG_1452.thumb.jpg.3246db5ab68b66da75a5923b92e73f4d.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

how long have you had the eibach kit?  how do you like it?  (also did you stick with Factory arms, or upgrade?)