2014+ Leveling Kits

My 2018 Sierra has a 2.5 inch level and I’m running 315/70/r17 (metric size of 35/12.5) with very and I mean very little rub on the felt liner on the back side of the wheel well. 

Are you on stock wheels? Got any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RJ3 said:

Tire Rack has it in they’re description 

I found that on the Ready Lift website as well.  I'm not sure why they would state that, unless it has something to do with shock travel.  

On 7/31/2020 at 7:49 AM, Built2crash said:

Just to contribute to the post, my experience with leveling kits:

My 2013 Silverado had a 2" RC Leveling kit in it and I ran 32.5" BFG TKO2, all other components were stock.  I ran that truck for 50K miles before I upgraded. I had zero problems with that setup.

I just recently put an Eibach Pro Level kit in my 2016 GMC Sierra. that kit includes 4 new shocks and spring up front. I'm running that on the 2.5" lift setting. I have stock 18" rims with 285/65/18 BFG TAKO2 on it (32.5" tire). I'm sure I can fit 33" tires on it no problem and I'm pretty sure I could fit 33.5" with no or maybe minor trim. Also, all other components are stock. Will post pictures soon.

My brother in law has a 2018 sierra we put a 2" RC spacer in it with 33.5" BFG TAKO2's, did the nor Cal mod on it and they fit fine. We actually did the Nor Cal mod prior to testing the tires out so I cant say if they would have rubbed without the mod or not, I think they would have rubbed just eyeballing it.

In all these cases the ride quality was basically the same with the level kits installed, My eibach setup is better ride quality.

Conclusion: IMO and as others have said, stay at 3" or less for a level to save your components. Otherwise, spend the money and go 5" or 6" lift kit, this allows you to run a larger tire and saves your components and ride quality.

Hope this helps

19 hours ago, Danyoda said:

My 2018 Sierra has a 2.5 inch level and I’m running 315/70/r17 (metric size of 35/12.5) with very and I mean very little rub on the felt liner on the back side of the wheel well. 

Thank you both for the info! Very helpful as I work out what I want to do.

I have a new 19 Sierra dblcab 1500 limited. I plan on installing a 2.25 leveling kit with 3” rear block on it and run 275/65-20 ko2. I had this same setup on my 15 all terrain with zero issues for over a 100k. Now readylift’s kit includes upper control arms. They say on their website that I should replace the stamped steel ones with theirs. Anybody know why? Never changed them on my 15.

Thx

I have a new 19 Sierra dblcab 1500 limited. I plan on installing a 2.25 leveling kit with 3” rear block on it and run 275/65-20 ko2. I had this same setup on my 15 all terrain with zero issues for over a 100k. Now readylift’s kit includes upper control arms. They say on their website that I should replace the stamped steel ones with theirs. Anybody know why? Never changed them on my 15.
Thx
The older UCAs were compatible the stamped steel UCAs will rub the tires on anything bigger than stock.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The thing is I won’t be running a wider tire. Stock on there now is a 275/55-20 and I’m just going taller
I think they also correct angles or improve on them as well, the stamped steel UCAs are garbage, another cost cutting measure I'm betting.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Any shame in replacing only the rear shocks for now ? So undecided on a leveling kit, and really hate the red shock boot with an all blue truck....

Not at all. I swapped my Ranchos out for some Bilstein 5100s. Immediately felt more controlled especially going around rough corners. The truck didn’t feel like is was going shimmy off the road.

Any shame in replacing only the rear shocks for now ? So undecided on a leveling kit, and really hate the red shock boot with an all blue truck....

Not at all. I swapped my Ranchos out for some Bilstein 5100s. Immediately felt more controlled especially going around rough corners. The truck didn’t feel like is was going shimmy off the road.

1 hour ago, RJ3 said:

No shame in replacing the Ranchos.  I did the same thing as Langston1726 except I went with the 5100 struts in front to replace the stock Ranchos and already had a Rugged Off Road bottom strut spacer in place.  Ride is great.  Much better than with the Ranchos. 

1 hour ago, langston1726 said:

And the 5100’s won’t jack up the rear, nor any shock shouldn’t have ride height difference? 

19 hours ago, RJ3 said:

you'll get a lot of recommendations for Bilstiens...i would also recommend you check out Eibach...they are American made and if/when you get to the front their adjustable front shocks go a little higher than bilstiens and will be closer to true level...