2014+ Leveling Kits

On 5/17/2020 at 3:12 PM, Bensjamming said:

Any rubbing issues at all? I played it safe with 275/55/20 with 20x9 wheels with a 0 offset and don't have much room to spare when turning on level ground. Especially don't want to be in the woods somewhere end up tearing the wheel wells apart once the suspension has some articulation to it but think I could have gotten away with a little bit bigger tire with a RC 2 inch leveling kit installed

Which side wall do you have showing? Looks nice! 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:08 PM, 07 Racing said:

I’ve been reading and reading before deciding what to go with on my truck.. finally got it finished.. motofab 2 inch level, 20x9 Fuel Mavericks +1 offset, 295/60/20  (34x11.75x20) Nitto Ridges.  Minor trimming, Just barely rubs at full lock on the carpet.. nothing else.. love the look and the stance! 

97DA072E-440D-42BA-A742-CEA47C09D3A4.jpeg

8EE28F41-9FFE-4D3F-BEC0-E9F3FB80A769.jpeg

Love the setup. This is the exact look that I'm going for on my '17 Silverado LTZ Z71. I want to get those exact same wheels but with with KO2s that are the same size that you have. Could you include a link to the Motofab 2 inch level you bought? Also I want to add Bilstein 5100s all around would that ruin anything with the setup? Any rubbing on the UCAs too?

Edited by kcerri

Hi All,

I have a 2019 LD. I'm looking to level it out and put bigger tires on it. I've read an excessive amount of information trying to figure out what I really need to get to make this work without issue. From what I gather anything 2017 or newer will cause rubbing by retracting the control arms once the leveling method of choice is used. My question is this, has anyone with a 2017+ successfully leveled their truck ~2" (5100s or what have you) and found a combination of 33" tires and wheels to make this work? I understand that using the stock wheels is not going to work due to the retracting of the control arms by virtue of increasing the distance between the wheel and the pivot point. I see that some have used spacers, but I'd have to believe that if using spacers works then just buying wheels with more offset might also do the trick. Also I really don't care how wide the wheels/tires are so if going with a 31" tire on a 9" wide wheel will work then I'm all for it. Just trying to nail down a successful method that includes a newer truck without having to raise it 4".

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, Unhealthy Skepticism said:

Hi All,

I have a 2019 LD. I'm looking to level it out and put bigger tires on it. I've read an excessive amount of information trying to figure out what I really need to get to make this work without issue. From what I gather anything 2017 or newer will cause rubbing by retracting the control arms once the leveling method of choice is used. My question is this, has anyone with a 2017+ successfully leveled their truck ~2" (5100s or what have you) and found a combination of 33" tires and wheels to make this work? I understand that using the stock wheels is not going to work due to the retracting of the control arms by virtue of increasing the distance between the wheel and the pivot point. I see that some have used spacers, but I'd have to believe that if using spacers works then just buying wheels with more offset might also do the trick. Also I really don't care how wide the wheels/tires are so if going with a 31" tire on a 9" wide wheel will work then I'm all for it. Just trying to nail down a successful method that includes a newer truck without having to raise it 4".

Thanks in advance.

first off, welcome to the forum...couple things i would say is first...this thread is in the 2014-2018 body style...not saying there are not participants with the newer body, style, but you might have better luck posting this in the 2019+ sub forum.

secondly, if you have a lifted (or even leveled truck) on a 9" tire...it will look like a motorcycle tire on that thing...here is a comparison of a previous 'stock size vs the closest thing i could maneuver for a 31"x9" tire...i dont even think they sell this size, but this calculator is just a program...

good luck on your search!  i hope you are able to find what you are looking for...

image.thumb.png.e129d11be5da8f0140936da488e3656f.png

21 minutes ago, spenpet said:

first off, welcome to the forum...couple things i would say is first...this thread is in the 2014-2018 body style...not saying there are not participants with the newer body, style, but you might have better luck posting this in the 2019+ sub forum.

secondly, if you have a lifted (or even leveled truck) on a 9" tire...it will look like a motorcycle tire on that thing...here is a comparison of a previous 'stock size vs the closest thing i could maneuver for a 31"x9" tire...i dont even think they sell this size, but this calculator is just a program...

good luck on your search!  i hope you are able to find what you are looking for...

image.thumb.png.e129d11be5da8f0140936da488e3656f.png

2019 LD is also a K2xx body style it’s the last year they came out with the K2xx, it’s not a 2019 T1

2 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

2019 LD is also a K2xx body style it’s the last year they came out with the K2xx, it’s not a 2019 T1

ah, thanks for that clarification. 

and if that's the case...i am not sure of all the issues that are mentioned...i have a 2016, RC 2" front level, run 265/85r18 rims, no rubbing, no issues...no trimming or modifications needed...not sure what was changed if it is the k2xx...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spenpet said:

ah, thanks for that clarification. 

and if that's the case...i am not sure of all the issues that are mentioned...i have a 2016, RC 2" front level, run 265/85r18 rims, no rubbing, no issues...no trimming or modifications needed...not sure what was changed if it is the k2xx...

All good I thought the same thing when a friend bought a 2019 Silverado but seen it looked like the 2016-18, the 2019 Silverado has two different types  “T1” style (new body) and the “LD” (K2xx) not sure why they changed the letter to LD 

• Like 1

My 2014 Silverado CrewCab LT with leveling kit on it, dropped off at shop going 9” McGaughy lift this is my last photo like this next one will be of it lifted.... (need buy bigger wheels and tires thought)

before picture

F09AFA34-B792-4DA7-9B47-61E2D92566B7.thumb.jpeg.82b70162d83c1e2e933c1ea3fd83c9f9.jpeg

After picture

65DB4D65-F827-4D4D-907D-B19E0C6B64A0.thumb.jpeg.4ef2a70ae04b985792545750957eb3fb.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just added Suspension Maxx  1” leveling kit on my 2015 Denali. Still has some rake which is what I was looking for. 
66DB9108-F6E7-44AF-93D2-B6E4C91FD072.thumb.jpeg.202ed03194415b583d4293ce11fc007b.jpeg
Nice! It's difficult to find magneride content on here. What size tires are you going with?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm looking to level my 2018 LT Z71. I have settled on the Ready Lift 2.25" kit with upper control arms. I'm also looking to add either the Fuel Contra or Fuel Rebel in 20x9 with a 01+ offset and Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/60/20. Any potential issues I need to be aware of with fitment?

6 minutes ago, Palytoxin said:

I'm looking to level my 2018 LT Z71. I have settled on the Ready Lift 2.25" kit with upper control arms. I'm also looking to add either the Fuel Contra or Fuel Rebel in 20x9 with a 01+ offset and Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/60/20. Any potential issues I need to be aware of with fitment?

I also have the same truck and went with a 2" leveling kit, some 20x9 wheels with a 0mm offset and 275/55/20 durations and could have went with the 275/60s without a problem. You will be fine and most likely don't even need the upper control arms unless you want to try and correct the balljoint angles.

• Like 1

I also have the same truck and went with a 2" leveling kit, some 20x9 wheels with a 0mm offset and 275/55/20 durations and could have went with the 275/60s without a problem. You will be fine and most likely don't even need the upper control arms unless you want to try and correct the balljoint angles.

Go with the UCAs as well, 275/60s will rub the newer stamped steel UCAs, older 2014,2015, and I believe the 2016 with the cast or aluminum work but not the newer stamped ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newbie here.   I’ve read / scanned thru pages 400-498 which definitely got me headed in the right direction! 

I have a 2018 1500 Denali 4x4 with magneRide and 6.2L, 285/45/22 tires.

Here are my plans, questions and concerns.

Motofab (made in in USA) 1.5" Front Leveling kit, seems to be a respected company right?  Will I need to have magneRide reset? No need to worry about UCA’s or ball joint angles right?  I tow a small toy hauler so I need to leave some rake in the truck so I can tow at reasonably level.

Either Toyo open country ATIII  or  Falken wild peak AT3W tires – Open to suggestions and experiences with these two tires. Can’t decide if I should go 275/60/20  or  285/60/20, suggestions? Plan to run the Ultra Nemesis Gloss Black with Milled Spoke Windows 20x9 with 1 offset.

Can I expect my ride quality and fuel mileage to be reasonably close to factory with this set up?

I really need some better mirrors for towing my toy hauler, what have you guys done that isn’t $600+