2014+ Leveling Kits

54 minutes ago, Rick Burnham said:

Used Bilsteins for 1.8" up front coupled with 275/60/20 Dura Tracs on my stock rims, really happy with the ride, MPG's with the cruise set at 88mph was terrible though....

Surely you expected crappy mileage though, right?  If you increased the tire size the speedo is off so you were doing well in excess of 90 MPH.  The leveling also raised the front end so now you have more air going underneath, which means more turbulence.  Couple that with a vehicle as aerodynamic as a cinder block and mileage is going to be in the toilet.

3 minutes ago, theJman said:

Surely you expected crappy mileage though, right?  If you increased the tire size the speedo is off so you were doing well in excess of 90 MPH.  The leveling also raised the front end so now you have more air going underneath, which means more turbulence.  Couple that with a vehicle as aerodynamic as a cinder block and mileage is going to be in the toilet.

yeah I had low expectations, it was just worse than expected.  I used GPS so the cruise was set at an honest 88 and calculated the MPG manually using the NAV.  I knew the level and 33's wasn't going to help it any LOL!  I just bought this truck to replace my trusty 06' Silverado SS (2wd), it would get 17mpg driving it hard through the mountains....different animal though..

52 minutes ago, bowhunter8 said:

Good looking truck... what are the specs on the level kit and tires/wheels?

Looks like you do use it off-roading, did you replace the factory upper control arm or keep it stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a stage 5 Icon suspension set at about 2” of loft in the front. 17” procomp wheels. 33” ko2’s. 

D8C05AAB-BB3D-4D4F-A404-7FAC9F4BAA5D.jpeg

• Like 3

Hello all.  New to this forum!

I am looking at leveling my 2015 Silverado.  I was initially thinking of a 2" spacer in front, but then was considering going with 1.5 due to concerns with the truck squatting with any sort of load in the back.  I've been reading up on things online and now I wonder if my rear is sitting lower than normal.  Measured from the ground to the center of the wheel well lip, my front is at about 36.25" and the rear is at about 38.375". (This is with 265/70r17 tires).  Is this normal or could there be something up?  Looks like the stock block is still in there (didn't get a chance to measure, though).  See the image below.

Also, here's pic of my truck this last weekend with a typical weekend getaway load for us.  It certainly doesn't look like this every day, but it's often enough that I don't want my truck to squat when I do it.  I actually measured when we got home, and the rear was about 1" lower than when unloaded.  The cost to add a rear block isn't much componenet-wise, but I've gotta pay someone to install and it doubles the installation costs...

20200211_150229.jpg

20200211_150117.jpg

20200210_141000.jpg

So after thinking it over a little more and watching all the install videos out there, I think I'm going to do the install myself.  I'll give myself a full day for each of the front and rear, and see who I can round up to help me out.  That kinda takes cost out of the equation and lets me do what I know I'll like.

I'm thinking right now about a motofab 2" spacer in the front and a 1" lift in the back to maintain some rake.  They don't offer a package with 2"/1" Front/Rear - not sure if there is a reason why...  Has anyone done the same level/lift?  On the plus side, since they're separate anyway, I can start with the front and then see if/what I want to do in the back to compensate for squatting...

No plans in the immediate future for new tires, but what would be the biggest I could go if I go with the setup above?

Edited by malibu43

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 12:33 AM, malibu43 said:

So after thinking it over a little more and watching all the install videos out there, I think I'm going to do the install myself.  I'll give myself a full day for each of the front and rear, and see who I can round up to help me out.  That kinda takes cost out of the equation and lets me do what I know I'll like.

I'm thinking right now about a motofab 2" spacer in the front and a 1" lift in the back to maintain some rake.  They don't offer a package with 2"/1" Front/Rear - not sure if there is a reason why...  Has anyone done the same level/lift?  On the plus side, since they're separate anyway, I can start with the front and then see if/what I want to do in the back to compensate for squatting...

No plans in the immediate future for new tires, but what would be the biggest I could go if I go with the setup above?

The level kit manufacturer will have a recommendation on the proper tire but in my personal experience, I've always been able to run stock wheels and a 275/60/20 tire due to the narrowness as compared to a 295/55/20 which might require some trimming.  Might be able to run a 285/55/20 since it's a little shorter than a 275/65/20 but I do not have any rubbing, even at full lock. with my level kit and running the 275/60/20 BFG All Terrain T/A KO2 tires. 

On 2/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, jimbrown1 said:

The level kit manufacturer will have a recommendation on the proper tire but in my personal experience, I've always been able to run stock wheels and a 275/60/20 tire due to the narrowness as compared to a 295/55/20 which might require some trimming.  Might be able to run a 285/55/20 since it's a little shorter than a 275/65/20 but I do not have any rubbing, even at full lock. with my level kit and running the 275/60/20 BFG All Terrain T/A KO2 tires. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I honestly thought my post would get more responses and input given how popular this thread is.  Maybe it's a slow time of year...

Anyway.  My Motofab 2" front leveling spacers came yesterday, and I also stopped at HomeDepot and picked up a Husky Light-truck floor jack (3 tons, 21" lift) and some new jack stands. Now I just need to carve out a few (or several) hours with an extra set of hands available to get it installed.

Once I see how it looks with the 2" level in the front, I may a) do nothing, b) add the 1" lift block in the rear, or c) try something like a Helwig Helper Spring to keep the truck from squatting when I use the bed/hitch.  I'll cross that bridge when i get there.

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 CC  planning to put the 2" RC front level kit.

Which set up would give me the more beefy look without rubbing or trimming?

-275x65x18 or 285x70x17

As far as wheels, I'm thinking doing -12mm offset and 17/18x9. 

Help would be appreciated. 

Picture provided. My stock tires are due for tire change, so I might as well upgrade.

IMG_8553 (1).jpg

gm-lift-kit_13078-base.jpg

5 hours ago, moreyg1228 said:

I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 CC  planning to put the 2" RC front level kit.

Which set up would give me the more beefy look without rubbing or trimming?

-275x65x18 or 285x70x17

As far as wheels, I'm thinking doing -12mm offset and 17/18x9. 

Help would be appreciated. 

Picture provided. My stock tires are due for tire change, so I might as well upgrade.

IMG_8553 (1).jpg

gm-lift-kit_13078-base.jpg

I have 285/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers on mine with a 2” RC level

B82D5439-467A-43E9-9DD4-15369E75BC4F.jpeg

C88C6183-3DC1-421D-931F-FB48E942A42A.jpeg

I have a 2018 with 2.5" front, 2" rear Motofab, looking to get new tires on stock 20" LTZ wheels. Current tires are stock 275/55R20. 

Trying to figure out my best bet on largest tire size with no rub or cutting on the following sizes:

275/60R20 (33" x 11")

285/60R20 (33.5" x 11.5")

275/65R20 (34.1" x 11")

Can anyone provide their thoughts and/or experience?

On 2/21/2020 at 10:03 AM, aleeuw said:

I have a 2018 with 2.5" front, 2" rear Motofab, looking to get new tires on stock 20" LTZ wheels. Current tires are stock 275/55R20. 

Trying to figure out my best bet on largest tire size with no rub or cutting on the following sizes:

275/60R20 (33" x 11")

285/60R20 (33.5" x 11.5")

275/65R20 (34.1" x 11")

Can anyone provide their thoughts and/or experience?

I just put this kit on also and curious on tire suggestions 

19A5FA0C-B502-4D8C-BD54-C30C42EAFE5B.jpeg

ED8D2D0B-94ED-4844-92BD-707EDF92BE87.jpeg

• Like 1