2014+ Leveling Kits

Hi everyone. I started the eibach pro truck install on my 18 silverado yesterday. After getting into the ball joint seperation which didnt go as planned(punctured greese boot), i decided to bite the bullet and get freedom ucas. So with the windstorm and all this weekend my truck is down til next weekend or until i get my ucas. Had my local Schwab do the struts for me. My gawd are they heavy! Here some pics.b6264c8ced575392ababec2d96908c8a.jpgc5c0eeb25e20e369f7681137682f2230.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all,

I read a ton of this forum as well as on , lifts, lowering forums, trying to determine what would be needed to run bigger tires. I like the look of the level kits but I also love the way the stock truck handles and I don't want to risk changing that or wearing out front end parts. I do however like a bigger tire. I have a tire machine in my shop so I decided to get some different used tire sizes from the recycle drop off and try them. I found 275/60 R20 fit well with no rubbing on a stock suspension. Subsequently, I put on Hankook I-Pike Ice radials on the original snowflake rims to use for the winter and try them out. The rims were a special order on a previous truck, 2014, and I kept them for the 2016. They didn't last very well with lots of chrome peeling so they will be my winter wheels now.

I just wanted to share 2 things.

If you don't want to change your suspension, 275/60 R20 work fine

If you do go to a taller tire, it definitely effects the driveability. At least in my truck with the 8 speed. Although the tires are only 3% bigger in circumference I definitely notice it when starting out and on the highway it tends to lug a little.

I still like the larger tires though, it seems to ride smother and I like the look. I may drop the rear a little in the spring with shackles to lower the back when I put on some all seasons with new wheels.

2016 Sierra SLT Crew 4x4 6.2ltre

Hankook I-Pike 275/60 R20

Stock rims

2019-10-30 08.04.58.jpg

Edited by Glazier
added a picture

On 10/27/2019 at 1:33 PM, manderson7015 said:

Hi everyone. I started the eibach pro truck install on my 18 silverado yesterday. After getting into the ball joint seperation which didnt go as planned(punctured greese boot), i decided to bite the bullet and get freedom ucas. So with the windstorm and all this weekend my truck is down til next weekend or until i get my ucas. Had my local Schwab do the struts for me. My gawd are they heavy! Here some pics.b6264c8ced575392ababec2d96908c8a.jpgc5c0eeb25e20e369f7681137682f2230.jpg

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'd really like some feedback with you get them installed....i am planning on going with Eibach when i can budget them...but use the factory springs...

21 hours ago, spenpet said:

I'd really like some feedback with you get them installed....i am planning on going with Eibach when i can budget them...but use the factory springs...

.. pull the trigger you won't regret it. I'm set on 3rd notch with stock springs.. night and day difference in ride and control.. especially towing.. gives me just the right amount of ground clearance for the winter driving around here.. I also bumped up to 275 60 20.. fills out the wheel wells better with slight rub on control arm at full lock only

20191102_063830.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 5:44 AM, STRMTRPR said:

.. pull the trigger you won't regret it. I'm set on 3rd notch with stock springs.. night and day difference in ride and control.. especially towing.. gives me just the right amount of ground clearance for the winter driving around here.. I also bumped up to 275 60 20.. fills out the wheel wells better with slight rub on control arm at full lock only

20191102_063830.jpg

Thanks!  I’m working to get the rears first and then the fronts... is the 3rd notch 2”?  I plan on just maintaining my level...

Edited by spenpet
misspelling

1 hour ago, spenpet said:

Thanks!  I’m working to get the tears first and then the fronts... is the 3rd notch 2”?  I plan on just maintaining my level...

..I got around 2" on the third notch.. Eibach has updated their documentation since I installed mine..I was only looking for 1.5". They were originally underestimating how much lift would be achieved.

Screenshot from their current documentation:

Screenshot_20191102-092630_Drive.jpg

Edited by STRMTRPR
  • Like 1

Eibach pro truck w/ springs, 2" motofab rear kit, and Freedom Off Road UCA's.This makes the truck feel planted and solid. Better than factory ride and makes the truck look aggressive. So glad i did the install. Everything installed in my driveway was about $1100. Next up 33" Cooper XT's, Fender Flares, rear vinyl wrap, and exhaust.d71c5e8b0c14575c38a852c92bfa3fb8.jpgf47d51e5684b2eae84b125ccaff66fdd.jpg068975b8c336a27a18c070f65d9fcf1c.jpg56fb59397482563a62c3db77775a9431.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 11/3/2019 at 2:05 PM, manderson7015 said:

Eibach pro truck w/ springs, 2" motofab rear kit, and Freedom Off Road UCA's.This makes the truck feel planted and solid. Better than factory ride and makes the truck look aggressive. So glad i did the install. Everything installed in my driveway was about $1100. Next up 33" Cooper XT's, Fender Flares, rear vinyl wrap, and exhaust.d71c5e8b0c14575c38a852c92bfa3fb8.jpgf47d51e5684b2eae84b125ccaff66fdd.jpg068975b8c336a27a18c070f65d9fcf1c.jpg56fb59397482563a62c3db77775a9431.jpg

I like the look.   Curious what made you go with the freedom UCAs?  I’m not seeing much intel on them, and I was just wondering.  I had been planning on doing the Eibach kit with Cognito UCAs.   You have any idea how they’d compare to the Cognitos?   Also, any rubbing on them after the install?  Thanks!   

I like the look.   Curious what made you go with the freedom UCAs?  I’m not seeing much intel on them, and I was just wondering.  I had been planning on doing the Eibach kit with Cognito UCAs.   You have any idea how they’d compare to the Cognitos?   Also, any rubbing on them after the install?  Thanks!   
No everything working great. The Freedom UCA's are similar to readylift. Also they are about 1/2 the cost of Cognito. They look well built. Welds are good. I am enjoying my new suspension. Should have been like this off the lot.

Good to know.  Was somewhat leery of the Cognitos as I’ve read some mixed reviews on the quality of their ball joints, and most report issues of rubbing with wider tires, but I won’t be going too wide myself.  I do think the arms themselves are built really well though.  I much prefer the price point of those Freedom UCAs, but still gotta make sure they’re legit before I pull the trigger on any.  Only want to do this once, and I want it done right. Would love to hear an update on how you’re liking the Eibach/Freedom setup after you’ve put a few miles on it.   Thanks for the info!

Good to know.  Was somewhat leery of the Cognitos as I’ve read some mixed reviews on the quality of their ball joints, and most report issues of rubbing with wider tires, but I won’t be going too wide myself.  I do think the arms themselves are built really well though.  I much prefer the price point of those Freedom UCAs, but still gotta make sure they’re legit before I pull the trigger on any.  Only want to do this once, and I want it done right. Would love to hear an update on how you’re liking the Eibach/Freedom setup after you’ve put a few miles on it.   Thanks for the info!
[emoji106]