2014+ Leveling Kits

So my first problem with my set-up. My driver side tire rubs UCA when turned to right at full cock. Left side fine. Ordered 1/4" spacers for now. My local shop guy told me running stock wheels with aftermarket UCA causes the rub sometimes?
Anyone????

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well had to do it. Stock wheels wouldnt stop rubbing at full cock to the right with new Freedom UCA's. Bought some KX offroad (makers of XD) 18x9 with -12 offset wrapped in 265/65-r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3. 33x12.5r18 dont fit. I get the rub on rear fender well and im not cutting or banging my new truck. Ill wear these out then raise my truck another inch and try for 33's next time. Gonna install some lighting next.aaed7a2bcb41944d59cb532e98dd271b.jpg6b6caf92f3e7f53edb905f2b845052af.jpg47db913f3200cf5dca3aff0fdf47d23b.jpg

On 9/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, alodawg26 said:

Hello All. I have been searching for a few days now, but haven't found exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a stock suspension 2017 Silverado z71. I'm looking to level it out and improve the ride, but still want a small amount of rake for when I tow/haul. This is my daily driver, and don't do a lot of off-road driving. Most of my driving will be on the highway in the Midwest, meaning horribly maintained asphalt. I'm considering:

Bilstein 5100 adjustable on the next to highest (3rd?) setting OR, do I want to do a coilover assembly replacement? I haven't seen anything on these yet: https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-struts-500063.html?find=2017-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-374174. Has anyone installed/used these? If so, how is the ride quality of these?? I've seen nothing on the N3 shocks. $329 seems pretty cheap especially when comparing against the Fox and Bilstein 6112. If I go the coilover and shock replacement route, should I just save my money and buy a Bilstein or Fox?

Thanks for your help and advice.

What did you wind up going with?

On 11/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, manderson7015 said:

So my first problem with my set-up. My driver side tire rubs UCA when turned to right at full cock. Left side fine. Ordered 1/4" spacers for now. My local shop guy told me running stock wheels with aftermarket UCA causes the rub sometimes?
Anyone????

Hate to hear that.  Unfortunately, it’s what I’ve heard a lot of.  Did you get the rub  before or after the new tires?  I’m told anything over 11.5” wide will rub with the factory wheels.  Wondering if I stayed at 11” if they’d still do it. If you did get the rub before new tires, what did you have on it previously? On a side note for anyone interested, I talked to JBA Offroad today inquiring about their arms.  For now, they make nothing compatible with the stamped steel or aluminum UCAs, only the cast steel,  but they are in the works.   However, he couldn’t tell me an expected release date.  If you look at the design of their arms, they are built with a slight bend in them he said that corrects this issue everyone’s having with rubbing.  Too bad they aren’t available yet?.  At any rate, doesn’t do us much good for now, but hopefully they’ll get them out sooner than later. 

Hate to hear that.  Unfortunately, it’s what I’ve heard a lot of.  Did you get the rub  before or after the new tires?  I’m told anything over 11.5” wide will rub with the factory wheels.  Wondering if I stayed at 11” if they’d still do it. If you did get the rub before new tires, what did you have on it previously? On a side note for anyone interested, I talked to JBA Offroad today inquiring about their arms.  For now, they make nothing compatible with the stamped steel or aluminum UCAs, only the cast steel,  but they are in the works.   However, he couldn’t tell me an expected release date.  If you look at the design of their arms, they are built with a slight bend in them he said that corrects this issue everyone’s having with rubbing.  Too bad they aren’t available yet[emoji57].  At any rate, doesn’t do us much good for now, but hopefully they’ll get them out sooner than later. 

Was getting the rub with stock wheels and tires. Went with18x9 -12 offset wheels and 275x65r18 tires...no rub anymore. 32.3" tall and 11" wide.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Anyone on here ever tried 285/70/18 tires with a 2" rough country level on a 2014 chevy Silverado? My 275/70/18 toyo open country m/t's have 55k miles on them and its time for a new set. I'm tempted to try the 285/70/18 in nitto ridge grappler. Anyone have this set up? If so, any rub and how much? Attached is a pic of my truck with the 275/70/18 toyo open country m/t (33.6 x 11) with no rub.

truck.jpg

2 hours ago, jcrowden said:

Anyone on here ever tried 285/70/18 tires with a 2" rough country level on a 2014 chevy Silverado? My 275/70/18 toyo open country m/t's have 55k miles on them and its time for a new set. I'm tempted to try the 285/70/18 in nitto ridge grappler. Anyone have this set up? If so, any rub and how much? Attached is a pic of my truck with the 275/70/18 toyo open country m/t (33.6 x 11) with no rub.

truck.jpg

I have a 2" RC level and 285/70/18's on stock rims and there has been no issues thus far (a little over 3k miles since everything was installed).  My truck is a 2018 2500HD though so it's not apples-to-apples.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, theJman said:

I have a 2" RC level and 285/70/18's on stock rims and there has been no issues thus far (a little over 3k miles since everything was installed).  My truck is a 2018 2500HD though so it's not apples-to-apples.

I wouldn't expect them to rub on a 2500. Thanks for the comment though!

truck.jpg.c9c756e5d026a83838a5d821b5a72a68.jpg
Was told that size is hard to get.

23 hours ago, jcrowden said:

Guys run 295/70/17s so dont see how that size would rub if those dont

1 hour ago, xax said:

Guys run 295/70/17s so dont see how that size would rub if those dont

I'm gonna try it and see. It still blows my mind I've yet to find one single person with the exact setup I'm asking about. Maybe ill be the first with a 2" RC level and 285/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers lol

I'm gonna try it and see. It still blows my mind I've yet to find one single person with the exact setup I'm asking about. Maybe ill be the first with a 2" RC level and 285/70/18 nitto ridge grapplers lol

I’ve never even heard of that size before. That being said, they’re very similar to a 285/75/17 and those will for sure rub on a 2” level. It will require some trimming but it’s doable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk