2014+ Leveling Kits

19 hours ago, STRMTRPR said:

.. update on my rear block lift.. I put my OEM block back in the rear today and the truck is back to level vs the rake I need in the rear for towing. I had pulled the trigger on another solid 1"lift block (2.25"block) from Readylift after searching YouTube after the crappy Skyjacker block I bought initially - problem - the block has a taper cut in it which in turn knocked out my pinion angle causing vibration. My truck rides BUTTER SMOOTH with the Eibach suspension and I won't accept any driveline vibration. This is strike 2 on the lift blocks now and honestly I don't really want to roll the dice on yet another vendor with sub par blocks. I think I'll just wait until next spring and install a set of Firestone air bags for towing and leave the truck leveled.

Good to know ! 

Thank you  for the update 

I have the eibach set up as well and have been looking for a new block for the rear too. 

Hello All. I have been searching for a few days now, but haven't found exactly what I'm trying to do. I have a stock suspension 2017 Silverado z71. I'm looking to level it out and improve the ride, but still want a small amount of rake for when I tow/haul. This is my daily driver, and don't do a lot of off-road driving. Most of my driving will be on the highway in the Midwest, meaning horribly maintained asphalt. I'm considering:

Bilstein 5100 adjustable on the next to highest (3rd?) setting OR, do I want to do a coilover assembly replacement? I haven't seen anything on these yet: https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-struts-500063.html?find=2017-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-374174. Has anyone installed/used these? If so, how is the ride quality of these?? I've seen nothing on the N3 shocks. $329 seems pretty cheap especially when comparing against the Fox and Bilstein 6112. If I go the coilover and shock replacement route, should I just save my money and buy a Bilstein or Fox?

Thanks for your help and advice.

I went with Pro Ryde 2.00" in front and a flat 2.25" Traxda FLAT block in the back on my 2017
275/60/20 Dura trac on stockers.
Couldn't be happier.
I still think going with the flat block in the back is what got rid if my 75mph shake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My shake is hit or miss.... im 99% sure its the tires. I did the ready lift 2.25 level with a zone add-a-leaf and it looks and rides fantastic other than the intermittent shake.662b7457852ad619419c10b9c3b2fbc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, I posted here almost 4 years ago after putting a 2.25" leveling block on my 14 sierra all terrain, wanted to give an update. 

I put the ProComp 2.25" block up front (nothing else) at roughly 25k miles, and at about 55k miles my upper ball joints were shot. Not sure exactly why, but would have to assume its from the additional length the spacer added  to the shocks, putting the upper control arm out of its operating range.  So I got new upper control arms (not sure what part number shop just got me new ones) that are suppose to accommodate a 2-4" lift. Since then, no issues. 

At 64k my tie-rods were shot as well, had to replace those. While the truck was in the shop, I had them replace the dog shit stock rancho shocks and remove the 2.25" spacer and just use Bilstein 5100, raised about 1.75". The front dropped about 0.5" inch as expected since the bilsteins at one setting below highest are shorter than the ranchos plus spacer.  

The truck has a slight rake now. Before with the 2.25" spacer, it was dead level. I a running 275/60/20 KO2s, they cleared no problem with the 2.25". Even now with the bilsteins, no issues with rubbing at all. Will for sure go wider tires next, maybe slightly taller too. ( i plan on going 17s with 0 offset). 

The ride is MUCH better than those ranchos, especially after 64k miles. The ride is still firm but the rebound and compliance of the truck now is so much better. Only had the bilsteins 5100 (front and rear) on for a week now, but the ride difference was immediately apparent. Its most noticeable when you push the suspension a bit. Riding down the hwy on a smooth road isn't that different, but when you hit a bump/break in the road/dip, is when you really notice it. The initial impact is still hard, but with the ranchos the truck would literally bounce off the ground, with these bilsteins it comes right back to where it should be. Should have done this right when i bought the truck. 

truck bilstein.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. So I have an 18 silverado 1500 CC 6.5 bed. 153 wheel base. And the truck is white. So the rake looks even more obnoxious and the tires look smaller due to the truck being a bit longer. (18 inch standard z71 rims) Stock goodforoneyears about done at 25k and need a change. I want to level it out but also want to add an add a leaf to reduce squat when I throw the trailer/quads on the back.  Hoping to stuff as much round peg in the square hole as I can. The hard part is I don't want to max out my front end and gibber up  my ball joints and tie rod ends and all that. Is there a happy medium? Thanks in advance. 

On 9/26/2019 at 8:05 AM, taps929 said:

Hey all. So I have an 18 silverado 1500 CC 6.5 bed. 153 wheel base. And the truck is white. So the rake looks even more obnoxious and the tires look smaller due to the truck being a bit longer. (18 inch standard z71 rims) Stock goodforoneyears about done at 25k and need a change. I want to level it out but also want to add an add a leaf to reduce squat when I throw the trailer/quads on the back.  Hoping to stuff as much round peg in the square hole as I can. The hard part is I don't want to max out my front end and gibber up  my ball joints and tie rod ends and all that. Is there a happy medium? Thanks in advance. 

Eibach pro truck series... that is what i am going to be doing...true 2" level in front and more stable in back...tires I have BFG KO2 285/65 on my stock 18....i like them...you can see in my profile pic if that is the look you want, or to go larger...

On 9/27/2019 at 11:19 AM, spenpet said:

Eibach pro truck series... that is what i am going to be doing...true 2" level in front and more stable in back...tires I have BFG KO2 285/65 on my stock 18....i like them...you can see in my profile pic if that is the look you want, or to go larger...

Thanks for the input. Its between those and the Bilstein lvl kit. I like how the Eibach comes with new springs vs a spacer though, and the rear can accept a 1 inch lift ( the add a leaf ) without issue. Think its gonna be the Eibachs. 

6 minutes ago, taps929 said:

Thanks for the input. Its between those and the Bilstein lvl kit. I like how the Eibach comes with new springs vs a spacer though, and the rear can accept a 1 inch lift ( the add a leaf ) without issue. Think its gonna be the Eibachs. 

You can get the struts/shocks without springs and safe some money if you are just wanting to level (use stock springs for level, their springs for lift)

6 hours ago, spenpet said:

You can get the struts/shocks without springs and safe some money if you are just wanting to level (use stock springs for level, their springs for lift)

Gonna use their springs also. At what point should do you need to get into different A arms and all that. 3 inch and up? What is recommended? 

15 hours ago, taps929 said:

Gonna use their springs also. At what point should do you need to get into different A arms and all that. 3 inch and up? What is recommended? 

there is quite a bit of info on this site about it...some say anything over 2.5"...but certainly 3" need new arms...

23 hours ago, taps929 said:

Go with eibach ! You’ll be happy you did. I love the look and drive of mine. 

Using the pro truck kit ( springs, shocks, struts ) 

you do not need new A-arms. I didn’t do anything to the rear and it’s pretty much dead level. 

313E882D-DD72-40F5-B95A-093CB031F317.jpeg

Go with eibach ! You’ll be happy you did. I love the look and drive of mine. 
Using the pro truck kit ( springs, shocks, struts ) 
you do not need new A-arms. I didn’t do anything to the rear and it’s pretty much dead level. 
313E882D-DD72-40F5-B95A-093CB031F317.thumb.jpeg.8983609a9ca5811c50ef17f762071d36.jpeg
What kind of tires?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk