2014+ Leveling Kits

Do u have any problems at full lock?  My upper control arm is hitting something I don't know what. I think I need some wheel spacers to take care of that problem. I think I have a +30 range offset...........thanx

I actually traded that truck in on a new GMC All Terrain. The tire shop zip tied the carpet liner and I did rub slightly on the upper control arm at full lock. Nothing major that would cause problems but just a slight rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, navyguy357 said:

what is better, 2" level or 5100 shocks?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

The Bilsteins are probably better just because they are a better shock than stock.  The way they lift the truck is functionally the same as spacers.

I chose to go with spacers and will replace the stock shocks once they are no longer good, or I want something better.  You can always put the 5100 on with the spacer, just set the 5100 to stock ride height.

9 hours ago, BKGarrison said:

Just bought this 2018 and put 2" front Motofab lower spacer.

Tires are 275/60/R20 (33")

Love the new look.  Not sure on what to do with the air dam yet.

IMG_20190712_201448.thumb.jpg.76a4c1e637e528478327af04b70402e3.jpg

Leave the air dam especially since you have the mud guards.  Hate to tell ya, but I didn’t have to undo the ball joint. Just the tie rod and shock.... looks good. 

Edited by Racindave

25 minutes ago, Racindave said:

Leave the air dam especially since you have the mud guards.  Hate to tell ya, but I didn’t have to undo the ball joint. Just the tie rod and shock.... looks good. 

I tried it that way too, just couldn't get enough leverage by myself to get it in there.  Also seemed like the axle was in the way before disconnecting the upper ball joint.

Oh well, went back together quick enough.

12 hours ago, BKGarrison said:

I tried it that way too, just couldn't get enough leverage by myself to get it in there.  Also seemed like the axle was in the way before disconnecting the upper ball joint.

Oh well, went back together quick enough.

Dang it. Never mind. Mine is a 2wd. 

On 7/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, BKGarrison said:

Beautiful truck!

Just wanted to throw it out there that my 2016 with stock 20's rubbed the UCA's! Now this is due to how I back into my drive, fully locked and under load from the angle. 

Added 1.5" motofab and it turns night and day better with stock tires. Will be adding +1" blocks to rear soon. Hoping the stock tires will last another 6 months or so and will move to a 33" inch tire.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, BKGarrison said:

Looks really good. Take the air dam off. I did - makes the truck look so much better without that cheap plastic hanging down. I think it visually raises and lightens the front end. Still need to level mine out.

5d2e08916dafe_truckfrontend.thumb.jpg.d244def5192531bd33fc8bc918be8199.jpg

On 7/14/2019 at 8:42 PM, BKGarrison said:

I chose to go with spacers and will replace the stock shocks once they are no longer good, or I want something better.  You can always put the 5100 on with the spacer, just set the 5100 to stock ride height.

This is where I am...I am needing to replace my factory shocks...but I already have a RC 2" level kit...I think the 1.85" lift the Bilstein's give are noticeably lower than the 2" level...so I am considering (even though it is not recommended) to go stock height and keep the spacer...

On 7/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, manderson7015 said:

Has anyone ordered from mrtmotorsports on here. I ordered an eibach pro truck kit and havent heard anything from them. My order is there on the internet but cannot get a response from them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just ordered and received some parts from them.  I had the same issues.  The website showed my order recieved and in process for a few days.  I emailed and called them for updates with no response.  If the website does not list the parts in stock, I believe they need to order them from the manufacturer.  I placed my order 7/8 and received my parts 7/15.  They sent a status change email 7/12 and a tracking info email 7/16 (yes after I received them).

I also ordered from them about a year ago.  They had those parts in stock and they came very quickly.

I would be patient and watch for emails.  Some manufacturers take longer to process and ship orders.  The customer service leaves something to be desired, but they have very aggressive pricing.

Best of luck with your order. 

So im going with eibach pro truck lift. I also ordered motofab 2" rear kit. My eibach kit says i can put at 2nd notch from bottom for a 3.2" front lift. Do i have to change uca for that?

11 hours ago, manderson7015 said:

So im going with eibach pro truck lift. I also ordered motofab 2" rear kit. My eibach kit says i can put at 2nd notch from bottom for a 3.2" front lift. Do i have to change uca for that?

my understanding is anything over 2...

On 7/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, Racindave said:

Why leave the air dam???  I took mine off because I went down a simply  dirt road that had some very simple wash outs on it and that dang air dam was hitting everywhere!!!  I am stock height.  I would think once you level or raise the truck up at all, the air dam is doing nothing but getting in the way of any approach angle and making the truck look lower!  At stock height I can see it maybe adding 0.01 MPG to the truck.  :)

59 minutes ago, Praedator said:

Why leave the air dam???  I took mine off because I went down a simply  dirt road that had some very simple wash outs on it and that dang air dam was hitting everywhere!!!  I am stock height.  I would think once you level or raise the truck up at all, the air dam is doing nothing but getting in the way of any approach angle and making the truck look lower!  At stock height I can see it maybe adding 0.01 MPG to the truck.  :)

It’s just a difference in opinion. I’m older and to me removing the front air dam makes the truck look cheaper. In the 90s (when i was growing up) we bought spoilers to add to our vehicles.... i still do it to my muscle cars... in the 60s and 70s people lifted rear ends to give their vehicle some rake. Times and opinion just change. Anyway, To me having a front air dam makes the truck look more finished....