2014+ Leveling Kits

On 5/23/2019 at 11:53 AM, Pivot said:

I'm learning as I go. If you are going 2 1/2" up front, at least be prepared to replace UCA's. Some guys say they are fine and wheel size and offset can come into play. I do know one thing. I ordered the 2" rear spacer from Motofab. Pulling the stock block and replacing with 2" should net you 3/4 inch lift in rear. I already have the Bilstein 5100's in my garage. They allow stock up to 1" lift. $70 each on Amazon. They would be nice upgrade over Ranchos anyhow and won't break the bank. 

Most say if you go much over 2" up front, you "COULD" have poor angles on UCA . This is usually disputed back and forth. I went with the new Struts and Coils up front from Bilstein.Model #6112. I should get 1 3/4 up front on max setting #4. Bilstein said they are designed with stock UCA in mind. Both shocks and coils run between $600-$700. You could also look at the adjustable 5100's up front at about $90 a pop. Get the same lift. You reuse stock coils to keep down price point. 

I'm waiting for the block to arrive from Motofab and then I have to pick out new wheels and bigger tires. Wait till you get into wheels, offsets, backspacing, various tire sizes..

Yes you will need a Front end Alignment anytime you change things up front. Wheels, tires, struts what have you. GL

Well I just ordered the 2-1/2" Front and 2" rear from MotoFab.

Hopefully install goes ok and no rubbing.

If anyone has any pointers on install, other than what most videos show, let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any pointers on install, other than what most videos show, let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.
Thats what i have, along with readylift ucas. Have had no issuesbbb60b3b8e4666ce2886e03eb79fc444.jpg08595da76a64308f4eefe2c949680161.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mrskiff said:

Thats what i have, along with readylift ucas. Have had no issuesbbb60b3b8e4666ce2886e03eb79fc444.jpg08595da76a64308f4eefe2c949680161.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I didn’t get UCAs, I guess I am hoping that I’m ok with the stock stamped ones. Truck looks nice!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, aleeuw said:

What wheels/tires do you have? I have an 18' with a Motofab 2.5" up front and 2" rear block. I also have 20" wheels and 275 width tires, I get some UCA rubbing at full lock. I didn't have any rubbing at all when I had my previous 1.5" level, so I can only assume the extra inch caused the rubbing..

6 hours ago, mistermcgoo said:

What wheels/tires do you have? I have an 18' with a Motofab 2.5" up front and 2" rear block. I also have 20" wheels and 275 width tires, I get some UCA rubbing at full lock. I didn't have any rubbing at all when I had my previous 1.5" level, so I can only assume the extra inch caused the rubbing..

I have the stock 20” wheels and tires. I should have the kit this week and going to try to find time this weekend to install. I will report back with the outcome. 

I have basically the same setup that you intend to install on stock 20” with 285x60R20 Toto Open Country RTs and had to add RC 1/4” wheel spacers to stop the rubbing on UCAs and sway bar. 

7EEF8A3D-ADBA-4887-A23D-8D7AEBF0D5A3.jpeg

8 hours ago, Slick66 said:

I have basically the same setup that you intend to install on stock 20” with 285x60R20 Toto Open Country RTs and had to add RC 1/4” wheel spacers to stop the rubbing on UCAs and sway bar.

Are they from Kansas?  :P

13 hours ago, Slick66 said:

I'm still learing the offsets and trying to figure tires and rims. Assuming stock rims and guessing you have +27 offset, that tire moved the inner sidewall exactly .24 " closer to suspension and frame. I might be wrong and others with more experience please chime in, but... If you moved to a +20mm offset, I don't think you would need the spacer. A +20 offset would move the outer sidewall .08 away from suspension with that tire. You did increase the total diameter of the tire though significantly and that could present issues. Total tire diameter would increase from 100.2 up to 105.1  Truck looks nice with tires and level. 

1 hour ago, Pivot said:

I'm still learing the offsets and trying to figure tires and rims. Assuming stock rims and guessing you have +27 offset, that tire moved the inner sidewall exactly .24 " closer to suspension and frame. I might be wrong and others with more experience please chime in, but... If you moved to a +20mm offset, I don't think you would need the spacer. A +20 offset would move the outer sidewall .08 away from suspension with that tire. You did increase the total diameter of the tire though significantly and that could present issues. Total tire diameter would increase from 100.2 up to 105.1  Truck looks nice with tires and level. 

Ah, if only someone would make replica wheels with more accommodating offsets. Many like the stock wheels, especially the snowflakes. 

And your math works, but tire manufacturers aren't quite that precise. One brand 285 might be 283,whereas another might be 286. Then there's the difference in how aggressive the sidewall lugs are. Lots of variables. 

Edited by MBSierra17
  • Thanks 1

Does anybody know what the differences are between a top mount and bottom mount spacer to level?

The top mounts seem to be more expensive and may require cutting the length of the top shocks bolts from what I can tell, so are there any positives to going with the more expensive top mounts?

On 5/28/2019 at 7:54 AM, Slick66 said:

What bug deflector do you have?  That is the style I am looking for and have the same color truck.

Got the MotoFab 2.5” front/ 2” rear installed last weekend. Install went pretty good, only about 4 hours complete. No rubbing, seems to ride same as stock. Thanks to those who provided input!

C2D14226-C7E9-4567-90BD-C6D8DF2F70D9.jpeg

• Like 4