2014+ Leveling Kits

1 hour ago, spenpet said:

when they talk about rubbing...they are talking about upgraded tires, never talking about stock size tires...a level will give you more room not less...so if you are stock specs, you should never have to worry about rubbing...

my set up is a RC 2" front level, rear stock, stock rims as i mentioned the tires i have...i really like the set up...i don't need anything crazy aggressive for the amount of off road use i do...

as far as bilstien's go, i am considering replacing my stock shocks (front and rears) with them whenever i need to replace them...there are dozens and dozens of guys on here that recommend them...they seem to be probably the best value of upgraded shocks before you start spending some serious cash...

I get that, I'm not worried about rubbing issues with the stock tires. I'm more focused on if I'll have issues once I decide to replace them and get a bigger tire. You said even with the 2" level that you had no rubbing issues with the 285-65s? If not, that may be what I end up going with.

I'm not needing anything crazy aggressive either. I've had 2 sets of the general grabber AT2s now on my ford and have gotten 55k-60k out of them and like the way they look. Now to see if they make them bigger than what I've previously bought.

I love my bilsteins, my only dilemma is whether to leave the original Ranchos on the rear and go bilstein on the front to save some money, or just replace all 4 with bilstein. Guess a lot of that has to do with what the wife will allow me spend, guess I better start saving up the brownie points!

Edited by calane29

17 hours ago, Stormydanielsz71 said:

Running a 2018 Silverado 2.5 MotoFab leveling kit w/ready lift upper control arms on 20x9 Moto Metal Rims and 33’’ nittos. No rubbing at full lock.

F246BDC3-9523-45B9-A29A-38770E80B35F.jpeg

Did you use the top strut mount?  Can you get me a measurement of how big the spacer is?

1 hour ago, mrskiff said:

I have the same kit. The spacer is around 1.66 inches thick. I had 2 kits so I took a pic of one67cc53af892d5df2d21aa1b17b5deaed.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Sweet thanks man, I’ve got my left over superlift spacer from my 3.5” kit, and it’s about the same dam size as Moto’s 2.5” lol. 

Quick question..

I'm thinking about putting a 2" RC level on my 18" LT. I have replica GMC 20x9's that have +27 offset and running 275/55's. I've seen people commenting stating "minor" rubbing with a 2" level and running 275/60/20 tires. 55 isn't too far from 60 it seems (correct me if I'm wrong). Should I worry about rubbing the arms or sway bar? Here's a link to the wheels I'm running, I believe the offset is pretty close to stock..

https://www.wheelpros.com/product/wheels/pr150/?attribute_pa_finish=gloss-black-with-clearcoat

Edited by mistermcgoo

I am running 285/60 R20 Toyo Open Country RT with a 2 1/2 leveling kit and I had to add the RC 1/4 spacers behind the stock snowflake wheels on my 2018 GMC to stop the rubbing on both the UC Arm and the sway bar. 

E20CFD5C-F8A6-408C-B33A-7C21FC2E0217.jpeg

1 hour ago, mistermcgoo said:

Quick question..

I'm thinking about putting a 2" RC level on my 18" LT. I have replica GMC 20x9's that have +27 offset and running 275/55's. I've seen people commenting stating "minor" rubbing with a 2" level and running 275/60/20 tires. 55 isn't too far from 60 it seems (correct me if I'm wrong). Should I worry about rubbing the arms or sway bar? Here's a link to the wheels I'm running, I believe the offset is pretty close to stock..

https://www.wheelpros.com/product/wheels/pr150/?attribute_pa_finish=gloss-black-with-clearcoat

Yes you will rub, the problem is the stamped control arms are flat and wide.  Any tire size larger than stock will have some degree of rubbing on the control arm with a leveling kit.

3 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

Yes you will rub, the problem is the stamped control arms are flat and wide.  Any tire size larger than stock will have some degree of rubbing on the control arm with a leveling kit.

275/55/20 is a "stock" tire size. It's the same size that comes stock on any off the lot Silverado's (non Z71) with factory 20" wheels..

1 minute ago, mistermcgoo said:

275/55/20 is a "stock" tire size. It's the same size that comes stock on any off the lot Silverado's (non Z71) with factory 20" wheels..

Oh I thought you were asking about the 275/60 rubbing, 275/55 is the factory size and will be fine.

Edited by pewterliftedz