2014+ Leveling Kits

It’s compatible but will still rub with anything larger than 275/55r20. Even 275/60r20 will rub. I’ve tried it already. Bought them through amazon so I was able to return but still cost me labor. (This is with the 2.25 readylift level)

A real lift is the way to go, but they don’t make the CST lift for 2wd, so here is where I landed:

1.5 inch motofab level

275/60r20 tires. Rubbed slightly on my sway bar, but my sway bar was offset to one side for some reason. Removed and recentered and it’s all good now. Shouldn’t have that problem, unless you get unlock like I did. The level being smaller allows that size tire without rubbing UCA’s. It isn’t perfectly level but it’s good enough for me and I’m happy with it.

0b161f46350142932a093ac3faa9a393.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CST does have leveling coil overs but require new UCA’s to be installed too which is a better ride than spacer blocks and replaces your front struts and coils at the same time. This is the same setup I went with before I decided to just do the full lift. The same lift “will” work on your 2wd truck too but has parts you won’t need too which you could sell to someone that would give top dollar for exceptional quality, just a thought.

Sent from above

Here’s the CST 2wd lift but it’s a spindle lift and not a bracket lift which will poke your wheels out about half inch tops unlike every other lift about twice that of CST.

https://cstsuspension.com/352-lift-kit-2014-18-1500-2wd-truck.html

You can actually get it much cheaper if you shop around

Sent from above

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wepiii said:

It’s compatible but will still rub with anything larger than 275/55r20. Even 275/60r20 will rub. I’ve tried it already. Bought them through amazon so I was able to return but still cost me labor. (This is with the 2.25 readylift level)

A real lift is the way to go, but they don’t make the CST lift for 2wd, so here is where I landed:

1.5 inch motofab level

275/60r20 tires. Rubbed slightly on my sway bar, but my sway bar was offset to one side for some reason. Removed and recentered and it’s all good now. Shouldn’t have that problem, unless you get unlock like I did. The level being smaller allows that size tire without rubbing UCA’s. It isn’t perfectly level but it’s good enough for me and I’m happy with it.

would you mind posting some more pictures of your truck? it looks great and seems to be pretty close to level

6 hours ago, wepiii said:

1.5 inch motofab level

So you changed the level kit to a 1.5" rather than 2.25" and it solved the rubbing on the UCA problem? Is your kit a top strut or bottom strut spacer?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, wepiii said:

Unfortunately this just isn’t correct. I know it should be, because on paper they aren’t wider, but since they are taller, a different part of the sidewall is contacting the UCA’s. I’m guessing you don’t have the stamped steel control arms. I made the mistake of believing what I read on this site, and on my 18, with stamped steel arms, I rub on factory wheels with 275/60r20. I’d love it if I didn’t, but I do.

question on this.. if your rubbing on the factory 20's wouldnt a 1" wheel spacer give you more than ample clearance and give you a minor wider stance? also if so would that not allow you to go to a wider tire as well ? just curious.

Edited by no12nv

On 3/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, mrskiff said:

Changed my setup a bit.
Motofab 2.5" up front
Motofab 2.25" blocks in rear
Readylift UCA's
305/65r18 BFG KO2's
18x9 -12 Black Iron Wheels
Zone fender trim plates to fit the tires. Fenders measure 40.5" up front and 41.5" in rear. Need to wash truck and get some better pictures.430db37d067c71dbcaf89b385e1921cd.jpgebf0e3caffe942d13affc36ffff84ce8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

i cant find motofab 2.25 rears? were did you get them ?all i find is 2"  wonder what mine would be like on stock 22s

. thanks

Edited by no12nv

On 3/6/2019 at 6:52 AM, krychrt said:

I went with the ReadyLift 2.25 up front and swapped the rear 1.25 for the ready lift 2.25 based on the recommendation of those above. Came out good I think. If anything I would have liked a little higher in the front but matched with the new KO2’s its like a new truck. Ride quality seems unchanged so far as well.

IMG_2262.jpgIMG_2269.jpgIMG_2265.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i see what you are saying in the front.. how much rake/height diff do you have now as it sits?

1 hour ago, no12nv said:

question on this.. if your rubbing on the factory 20's wouldnt a 1" wheel spacer give you more than ample clearance and give you a minor wider stance? also if so would that not allow you to go to a wider tire as well ? just curious.

1.75 is the smallest you can go without having to trim your factory studs which I just don’t wanf to do.

i see what you are saying in the front.. how much rake/height diff do you have now as it sits?

I would say about an 1” lower in the front at the most maybe less. I will measure for you

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I have an ‘18 Z71with 18x8.5” stock wheels. I see a lot of guys talking about rubbing with leveling kits but they’re running the 20” wheels. So if I were to put the 5100 ride height adjustable on the front, which height would get me as level as possible? 1.26” or the 1.85”? Also, once I have those installed, would I have any rubbing issues on ucas or anywhere else? 

On 4/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, calane29 said:

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but I have an ‘18 Z71with 18x8.5” stock wheels. I see a lot of guys talking about rubbing with leveling kits but they’re running the 20” wheels. So if I were to put the 5100 ride height adjustable on the front, which height would get me as level as possible? 1.26” or the 1.85”? Also, once I have those installed, would I have any rubbing issues on ucas or anywhere else? 

no clue.  what size tires are you asking?  

i have stock 18" rims, run 285/65 KO2s and no rubbing on a level...

53 minutes ago, spenpet said:

no clue.  what size tires are you asking?  

i have stock 18" rims, run 285/65 KO2s and no rubbing on a level...

For now just the stock 265-65-18, once these tires are worn down I'll replace them with some all terrains but not sure of size just yet. Definitely want something that looks a little more beefy than the stocks. Looking at your profile I like the look of what you're running. What level did you use? I installed the bilsteins on my ford just over a year ago and loved them, so I'm leaning toward putting a set on this truck as well. 

37 minutes ago, calane29 said:

For now just the stock 265-65-18, once these tires are worn down I'll replace them with some all terrains but not sure of size just yet. Definitely want something that looks a little more beefy than the stocks. Looking at your profile I like the look of what you're running. What level did you use? I installed the bilsteins on my ford just over a year ago and loved them, so I'm leaning toward putting a set on this truck as well. 

when they talk about rubbing...they are talking about upgraded tires, never talking about stock size tires...a level will give you more room not less...so if you are stock specs, you should never have to worry about rubbing...

my set up is a RC 2" front level, rear stock, stock rims as i mentioned the tires i have...i really like the set up...i don't need anything crazy aggressive for the amount of off road use i do...

as far as bilstien's go, i am considering replacing my stock shocks (front and rears) with them whenever i need to replace them...there are dozens and dozens of guys on here that recommend them...they seem to be probably the best value of upgraded shocks before you start spending some serious cash...