2014+ Leveling Kits

On 3/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, RCD said:

Hello all!

First of all, thanks to all of you who contribute to this site.  It is great!

I've read through this thread and I am left with a few specific questions regarding my 2018 Z71 (stamped steel UCA's).

1. If I go with the TGC 2" leveling kit, do I still need to swap out my UCA's?  (my backup plan is the 2.25 Readylift kit with UCA's)
  2. Assuming the TGC 2" kit is "safe" for my 2018 stamped steel UCA's, can I fit 285/65/r18 BFG KO2's on my stock wheels without any rubbing (I have seen several different opinions about this setup).  I'm hoping that the narrow section width BFG's will not rub my UCA's or sway bar.  I'm aware that I'll have to tie back the felt, etc.
  3. What size KO2 will fit on my bone stock truck if I tie back the felt and decide to leave the suspension alone?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

RCD

this site let alone this thread there is a lot to read...I have '16 Z71, BFG KO2 285/65 R18 (stock rims) and a RC 2" level, no trimming or tie backs were needed and no rubbing...I eventually got a new bumper, and only then did i need to do any sort of wheel well modification...but it was because the felt stuck out, not because the tires...I dont have any experience with a TC level, but would be safe to assume it would be equivalent to the RC.

I have a level kit on my 14, my current summer wheels are 18x9 +12 mm. I'm looking to get 18x9 -12 mm so I can get a 4.5" lift installed. All the results on custom offsets says it'll fit with minimal to no trimming and no rubbing. 

Anyone else running -12 mm?

I have a level kit on my 14, my current summer wheels are 18x9 +12 mm. I'm looking to get 18x9 -12 mm so I can get a 4.5" lift installed. All the results on custom offsets says it'll fit with minimal to no trimming and no rubbing. 

Yep im running 18x9 -12 with 305/65r18 on a 2.5 inche level. Imo its the perfect amount of poke. I did the zone trim plates for trimming. Sorry for the bad pic 4feb0cf5ff35b9f7daccb1278adf94ae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

What 4.5” lift are you looking at installing?

Sent from above

Have read a good bit of this thread but its massive. Seeing if i can get some advice. Have a 2017 Sierra SLT with a 2.25" level kit in the front only. Am looking at getting BFG KO2s put on next week. Keep goin back and forth between 275/60/20 and 275/65/20. I keep reading different tires will fit and won't fit. Also the stamped upper control arm issue. The shop that put the leveling kit said they will just put a steering top on when i get the tires. Is that a decent fix or solution to the rubbing issue? What size tires would y'all that have done it recommend? From what i can gather the 17s won't clear as big a tire as the 14 and 15s. Also any advice between ko2 and toyo at2? Any help would be great

Edited by rhill1

Have read a good bit of this thread but its massive. Seeing if i can get some advice. Have a 2017 Sierra SLT with a 2.25" level kit in the front only. Am looking at getting BFG KO2s put on next week. Keep goin back and forth between 275/60/20 and 275/65/20. I keep reading different tires will fit and won't fit. Also the stamped upper control arm issue. The shop that put the leveling kit said they will just put a steering top on when i get the tires. Is that a decent fix or solution to the rubbing issue? What size tires would y'all that have done it recommend? From what i can gather the 17s won't clear as big a tire as the 14 and 15s. Also any advice between ko2 and toyo at2? Any help would be great

No, it’ll widen your turning radius all for a level. You’re pretty much stuck with stock 275/55/20’s (32”) unless you don’t mind the loud and nasty rubbing on the uca’s you’ll have to switch wheels for a different offset to like a +1 offset and then you can go to 285/60/20’s (33” +). It happened to me but I had to learn as I went.

Here’s mine when it was leveled 2.25” up front with an added 1” rear block to the stock block, still got a bit of rub but only on the wheel well liner which a heat gun can remedy that.

e912a11214d8a2b8a65305385fce6f20.jpg

Sent from above

7 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

No, it’ll widen your turning radius all for a level. You’re pretty much stuck with stock 275/55/20’s (32”) unless you don’t mind the loud and nasty rubbing on the uca’s you’ll have to switch wheels for a different offset to like a +1 offset and then you can go to 285/60/20’s (33.2”). It happened to me but I had to learn as I went.

Here’s mine when it was leveled 2.25” up front with an added 1” rear block to the stock block, still got a bit of rub but only on the wheel well liner which a heat gun can remedy that.

e912a11214d8a2b8a65305385fce6f20.jpg

Sent from above

Great looking setup.  What is your wheel & tires combo?

• Like 1

Great looking setup.  What is your wheel & tires combo?

Thank you, fuel 20x9 +1 off set, 285/60/20 (34”) Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Forgot the model wheel.

Sent from above

New to the forum. Was able to pick some good information up scanning through threads. Installed 2" motofab level the other night. Just put in a couple husky liners in the front. Also debadged the doors to accommodate the logo with an eraser wheel. Just bought this truck at the beginning of the year, coming over from the Cummins Forum. 

IMG_0934.jpeg

Edited by gmclandman