2014+ Leveling Kits

Been off the site for quite a while due to other things(3 years).  Anyways, got rid of the 2011 Silverado this weekend and bought the 2018 GMC Sierra due to all the incentives.  Was trying to read up on all the available level kits for the 2014-2018 models.  Drove 3 new 2018 Sierras on Saturday and all rode differently ad were equipped exactly the same with Z71 package and Rancho shocks.  First one had tight steering and rode very smooth.  Never had a truck ride that smooth (but it was 8 years ago when I purchased the 2011 and with all the changes, don't remember the OEM ride).  The second truck was a little rougher and the 3rd truck, OMG.  I took it back to the dealership and told them about the harsh ride and it wasn't even an option. 

When I pick up the truck tomorrow (Monday), I want to get it leveled and get new tires, but keep the snowflake GMC 20X9 wheels.  So ok guys help me out.  You've been experimenting with all these new offerings from Rancho level lifts, Bilstein level lifts and the Rough Country spacer similar to the GMT-900 model.  I've sent a note to Rough Country but as you know, they always have recommendations for tire sizes when using OEM wheels but we've all probably used something different and been perfectly fine.  Truck has what GM calls the 275/55/20 all-terrain blackwall tires, which are Goodyear Wranglers SR-A tires.  To everyone else, they're not all-terrain.

Thanks for the insight guys and I'll try to be a little more active going forward. 

On 2/3/2019 at 11:06 AM, Chasenfins said:

When the shop did your leveling kit, did you have a 1" diff drop added as well? If not, the CV's are probably causing the vib. Simple install, takes about an 1.5hr my yourself and that well get you back close to factory angles while still maintaining the leveling kit. The diff drop spacer kits run about $40.  Just my 2 cents. 

Completed the diff drop and it dramatically reduced my vibration. I know each truck is a little different and probably each cv shaft is different. Some straighter and more balanced than others. This was definitely an improvement for my truck. Next stop tires. 

So after a 2" level and ReadyLift control arms, I do get a very slight rub on the upper control arms.  Has anyone extended the steering stops to keep from full lock hitting the arm?  It would not be that much so I don't think it would be that much of a problem for the turning radius.

28 minutes ago, Scooter Scott said:

So after a 2" level and ReadyLift control arms, I do get a very slight rub on the upper control arms.  Has anyone extended the steering stops to keep from full lock hitting the arm?  It would not be that much so I don't think it would be that much of a problem for the turning radius.

Are you 100% it’s the UCA’s. I was positive that is what mine was rubbing, but it was actually hitting the sway bar. Most noticeable hard right going forward. I have 275-60/20’s and I scrub the sway bar, I’m not sure how you wouldn’t with an even taller tire. Mine is a 2018 as well so same UCA set up

4 minutes ago, wepiii said:

Are you 100% it’s the UCA’s. I was positive that is what mine was rubbing, but it was actually hitting the sway bar. Most noticeable hard right going forward. I have 275-60/20’s and I scrub the sway bar, I’m not sure how you wouldn’t with an even taller tire. Mine is a 2018 as well so same UCA set up

Honestly I didn't look on the back side I was only looking on the front.  I'll take a look at that and report  back.

Fox 2.0 IFP Coilovers best level option?

Just ordered 20 x 9 0 offset Hostile Rage with 33 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers from Custom Offsets. They will be here in 2 weeks and need to decide on what level kit to go with.

A local 4x4 shop recommended Fox 2.0 IFP Performance Coilovers. They quoted 1500 installed front and rear and said these would provide 2" lift with best on/off road ride quality.

This is my daily driver and looking for best ride quality along with a lift to fit new wheel tire.

What do you all think? Is this a good price? Does anyone have experience with this suspension level? Should I be looking at any other options??
038ba74c202dffc514ee51ebfe74ca3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Detroit_vs_Everyone said:

Just ordered 20 x 9 0 offset Hostile Rage with 33 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers from Custom Offsets. They will be here in 2 weeks and need to decide on what level kit to go with.

A local 4x4 shop recommended Fox 2.0 IFP Performance Coilovers. They quoted 1500 installed front and rear and said these would provide 2" lift with best on/off road ride quality.

This is my daily driver and looking for best ride quality along with a lift to fit new wheel tire.

What do you all think? Is this a good price? Does anyone have experience with this suspension level? Should I be looking at any other options??

I have a similar setup and love it.

I went 33x11 Ridge Grapplers just because I like narrower tires for rain and snow.

Price seems OK, but I got a full set of the Fox PS2.0 from mrtmotorsports.net for $910 last April. Install is fairly easy (rear is dead simple, fronts a little more involved). So maybe bargain with them some, since that a lot of labor cost, unless they include a alignment (which you'll need).

I have a similar setup and love it.
I went 33x11 Ridge Grapplers just because I like narrower tires for rain and snow.
Price seems OK, but I got a full set of the Fox PS2.0 from mrtmotorsports.net for $910 last April. Install is fairly easy (rear is dead simple, fronts a little more involved). So maybe bargain with them some, since that a lot of labor cost, unless they include a alignment (which you'll need).

Awesome - thanks! I'd love to see a pic of your set up.

How is ride quality on the Fox's compared to stock? Did you see improvement?

That price also includes a the alignment, but I'll see if they have any room to come down.

11 minutes ago, Detroit_vs_Everyone said:

How is ride quality on the Fox's compared to stock? Did you see improvement?

Ride quality over the Z71 shocks and springs was night and day in my opinion. I took a 500 mile trip right after buying the truck on stock. I hated the stock suspension. My biggest complaint was hitting any kind of a bump, rut, or pothole while corning. The truck would bounce on the springs and loose traction, giving you the feeling like it might just drift off the road. Even speedbumps and potholes at low speed were very exaggerated. The Fox Coilovers resolved all of that and gave the truck a much more controlled feel. Not smooth like the MagRides in the Denali’s and High Countries, but still great for a daily driver, yet stiff enough to take offroading, and take washboards at speeds.

I had the Fox 2.0’s on my 2018 LTZ for 3k miles . Changed them out when I did the CST 4.5” lift for full coil overs . The Fox’s rode better then the stock struts. Very simple install, like two hours, but you will need an alignment. I have the Fox’s for sale right now. Trying to sell them local in Michigan because UPS is a hassle to ship due to the nitrogen in the struts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:56 PM, Detroit_vs_Everyone said:

038ba74c202dffc514ee51ebfe74ca3c.jpg

You should be good with that set up. I was running the same Fox 2.0's and the Hostile Rages in 20x9 0 offset with Toyo RT's in 285/60/20 and rubbed the rear inner fender pretty good. These were a 33 1/2" tire. I ended up running a 1/4" spacer on top of the Fox 2.0's to get a 2 1/2" level and still had to tie back my liners. I payed $800.00 for the Fox 2.0's from Performance lifts and installed them my self in under three hours including changing out my UCA's to Reklez UCA's.

Here is a picture of my truck with the 2.0's.

DSCF4359.JPG

• Like 1

You should be good with that set up. I was running the same Fox 2.0's and the Hostile Rages in 20x9 0 offset with Toyo RT's in 285/60/20 and rubbed the rear inner fender pretty good. These were a 33 1/2" tire. I ended up running a 1/4" spacer on top of the Fox 2.0's to get a 2 1/2" level and still had to tie back my liners. I payed $800.00 for the Fox 2.0's from Performance lifts and installed them my self in under three hours including changing out my UCA's to Reklez UCA's.
Here is a picture of my truck with the 2.0's.
DSCF4359.thumb.JPG.0c03ae77e04be03451a3f77f9ed034c6.JPG
Damn your truck looks great! Makes me even more excited for my order to come in.

Thanks for the info on the foxs. Glad to hear you were able to get er done on your own. I will have to about that a bit more... I'm just not all that mechanically inclined tbh.

I'm planning on some trimming and a lil tuck. Do u think i.will have to use a spacer as well?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Detroit_vs_Everyone said:

Damn your truck looks great! Makes me even more excited for my order to come in.

Thanks for the info on the foxs. Glad to hear you were able to get er done on your own. I will have to about that a bit more... I'm just not all that mechanically inclined tbh.

I'm planning on some trimming and a lil tuck. Do u think i.will have to use a spacer as well?

You may not need the spacer with the 33x12.50 due to it being about an inch less diameter tire.

• Like 1