2014+ Leveling Kits

On 12/20/2018 at 11:28 AM, acinquegrana said:

Going with the readylift 1/2" hub centric wheel spacers all around with extended thread lug nuts. My local speed shop uses the same combo on their suburban with a 6" lift on 35 x 12's and they swear by it (only used to match width of front wheels). They have been in the game over 30 years so I can trust that. And as an engineer in my work we figure atleast 7 threads to be fully enganged, which is what this will provide. See pics.. Keep in mind the spacer in the pics was one he had in the back room to show me.

can you post a part number or link to the extended thread lug nuts??

I have a set of the wheel spacers. I may choose to run those. I did try them a while back, but noticed vibration about 1/2 block from the house. I have new control arms, but I may return them. I don't know about the installation of them. If I do install them, there is no going back (the spindle mounting hole needs to be chased bigger). It might be better to just run the spacers. I will probably end up selling this truck and going back to an HD

6 minutes ago, acinquegrana said:

I don't have a part number but the brand is Gorilla. Here is a picture of what I have. I did not buy the lugs from this site, but this is it...
3d1f44bf3553598c56efef69a3ad76d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

great, thank you.

did you do spacers on the rear as well?

• Like 1

Yes I did. So far so good. I torqued them to 140ftlb, drove a few hundred miles, checked and good to go.

The only vibration i get is at 75-80 mph ---BUT--- it did that before (thats a whole separate issue, some of you probably know...)

BORA Wheel Spacers are the BEST and SAFEST Spacers on the market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure they are just as good as the ready lift spacers. Both are hub centric and have a spigot for the wheel

I'm sure they are just as good as the ready lift spacers. Both are hub centric and have a spigot for the wheel

As a teenager, years back I had a (That time the best available) mechanic add wheel spacers on my Buick T Type in order to accept a set of custom wheels I just had to have. Approximately two months later, while making a hard turn and with no warning, my right wheel flew off sending me into a tall curb and narrowly missing a child on a bike. Who knows, at that time I didn’t have a choice and if I did I wouldn’t have known to look into it so I just took the word of a certified mechanic.

• Like 1

what is the max level hight for the stamped steel arms? i hear about the ball joint issues
I have the readylift 2.25 with their control arms. to fix this rubbing maybe I will go back to stock arms??
thoughts?

Stock arms will rub too. Get different offset wheels, or wheel spacers (do research on which ones to get, BORA is popular here).

As a teenager, years back I had a (That time the best available) mechanic add wheel spacers on my Buick T Type in order to accept a set of custom wheels I just had to have. Approximately two months later, while making a hard turn and with no warning, my right wheel flew off sending me into a tall curb and narrowly missing a child on a bike. Who knows, at that time I didn’t have a choice and if I did I wouldn’t have known to look into it so I just took the word of a certified mechanic.

That is unfortunate. I trust the ready lifts as much as i would the BORA spacers. I just got a good deal on my set up.

So, after hours of reading this from at least page 300 to current, I still have some questions.

I want to get some leveling on my 2017 Sierra.  I also want to keep the 22" factory wheels.  I called Rough Country and they told me if I run the 2.5" kit that I had to run 2" wheel spacers to use the factory wheels.  I called ReadyLift, and they told me if I get the 2.25" kit with new control arms, that I had to run a 1/2" wheel spacer to keep my factory wheels.  I can't seem to find a lot of people mentioning the need for spacers just to keep their factory wheels.

I'm leaning more toward the ReadyLift kit, and getting some 2.25" or 3" rear blocks, and I'm also going to up the tire size from 285/45R22 to something like a 285/55R22 or a 305/45R22.  I just want to know if anyone else has done something similar, what the results were and if I really need to run a wheel spacer just to keep my stock wheels.

So, after hours of reading this from at least page 300 to current, I still have some questions.  

I want to get some leveling on my 2017 Sierra.  I also want to keep the 22" factory wheels.  I called Rough Country and they told me if I run the 2.5" kit that I had to run 2" wheel spacers to use the factory wheels.  I called ReadyLift, and they told me if I get the 2.25" kit with new control arms, that I had to run a 1/2" wheel spacer to keep my factory wheels.  I can't seem to find a lot of people mentioning the need for spacers just to keep their factory wheels.

I'm leaning more toward the ReadyLift kit, and getting some 2.25" or 3" rear blocks, and I'm also going to up the tire size from 285/45R22 to something like a 285/55R22 or a 305/45R22.  I just want to know if anyone else has done something similar, what the results were and if I really need to run a wheel spacer just to keep my stock wheels.

Check out CST Performance Suspension, #1. lift will allow you to keep your stock wheels and stock track width. #2. Leveling with coilovers gives the best ride but may require new UCA’s and being leveled with coilovers will be a much more comfortable ride versus spacers. In addition, if you’re still under factory warranty it’s not a good idea to add spacers cause it’ll void your warranty on your suspension and possibly transmission if spotted by a technician. I started out with a level, bigger tires and new offset wheels and disliked the ride quality. GM looking to save money right now and voiding warranty is a great way, blaming you for any future issues.

On 12/30/2016 at 5:49 PM, CHowell1991 said:

I got my 2015 leveled yesterday with 285/75r18s on stock wheels. 2.25" readylift. e9fb32455eb6e7a1ab4290d687ba3600.jpg4f06d63c867457887ff070665de117df.jpg

Do u have any problems at full lock?  My upper control arm is hitting something I don't know what. I think I need some wheel spacers to take care of that problem. I think I have a +30 range offset...........thanx

16 hours ago, tfp108 said:

i have the readylift with the conrol arms. i had factory 22s with the 285/45. the tire just barely rubbed the leading arm of the control arm at full lock. maybe 1/16 of an inch.

i welded steering stops from the Zone kit (come with BDS kit as well) onto the lower control arm factory steering stops and the rubbing went away. there was about 1/4" clearance after.

I have a set of cognito control arms that have a much sharper angle to the ball joint on the front leading arm. i believe these will eliminate all rubbing with my new wheels and tires. however, i need to make sure they will work with the magneride sensing arm before I install. Once they are installed, there is no going back. I will be doing lots of investigating today. 

• Like 1