2014+ Leveling Kits

Unless there are controversial spacers involved, you almost always get rubbing from mid 15-18 UCA’s. By the time you’re all done with a leveling kit along with added parts and hours invested you could’ve added a bit more and had a kickass CST Lift installed, keeping your stock everything, even stock 20x9 wheels with 35’s.

• Like 1

Unless there are controversial spacers involved, you almost always get rubbing from mid 15-18 UCA’s. By the time you’re all done with a leveling kit along with added parts and hours invested you could’ve added a bit more and had a kickass CST Lift installed, keeping your stock everything, even stock 20x9 wheels with 35’s.
Yeah. The only problem i have with full suspension kits is cutting. I am too OCD unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah. The only problem i have with full suspension kits is cutting. I am too OCD unfortunately

I feel ya, I was the exact same way. I’ve always had a lift on my personal trucks but with exception of a few purchased that way I preferred the leveled look mostly so I can get into downtown parking garages and worried about cutting up my cross members. Then, I was introduced to CST products and it completely changed my mind, very minimal trimming (mostly bolt on) and able to keep your stock front track, stock front end setup, as well as stock wheels. I was hesitant but very much worth it, the 4.5” lift is tons better riding than when leveled especially with the coilovers I added.

If, and only if you’re not happy with your level, i highly recommend doing a coilover lift if only wanting to level, huge difference in ride quality but the front end UCA geometry is still not good.

Good luck and be safe!

I feel ya, I was the exact same way. I’ve always had a lift on my personal trucks but with exception of a few purchased that way I preferred the leveled look mostly so I can get into downtown parking garages and worried about cutting up my cross members. Then, I was introduced to CST products and it completely changed my mind, very minimal trimming (mostly bolt on) and able to keep your stock front track, stock front end setup, as well as stock wheels. I was hesitant but very much worth it, the 4.5” lift is tons better riding than when leveled especially with the coilovers I added.

If, and only if you’re not happy with your level, i highly recommend doing a coilover lift if only wanting to level, huge difference in ride quality but the front end UCA geometry is still not good.

Good luck and be safe!

Stop spreading misinformation about this kit. Here is an article that shows the install process.

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1705-lifting-a-2017-silverado-1500-z71-with-cst-and-deaver/

While it’s a great kit (and that truck has the top of the line resi coilovers) it does require a decent amount of cutting (as much as any other kit) and is NOT easily put back to stock. This is a LEVELING thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop spreading misinformation about this kit. Here is an article that shows the install process.

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1705-lifting-a-2017-silverado-1500-z71-with-cst-and-deaver/

While it’s a great kit (and that truck has the top of the line resi coilovers) it does require a decent amount of cutting (as much as any other kit) and is NOT easily put back to stock. This is a LEVELING thread.

Please stop telling people what to do. I’m also aware that this is a level thread which is why I suggested coilovers for leveling but I guess you missed that one in your urgency to critique me, didn’t know I had a groupie stalking me. I highly recommend anyone interested in superior CST products to contact CST and go from there.

Please stop telling people what to do. I’m also aware that this is a level thread which is why I suggested coilovers for leveling but I guess you missed that one in your urgency to critique me, didn’t know I had a groupie stalking me. I highly recommend anyone interested in superior CST products to contact CST and go from there.

i highly recommend doing a coilover lift

Good luck and be safe!

Oh you’re right, my bad i thought that said lift lol. Oh, wait a minute lol

I have read nothing but good things about the CST kit... I just want that ability to go back to stock if I ever had to for some reason. I figured the readylift 2.25 would be the best route since it came with new UCA and i got it for CHEAP ($364). I am at the shop now we will see how they do.

• Like 1

I have read nothing but good things about the CST kit... I just want that ability to go back to stock if I ever had to for some reason. I figured the readylift 2.25 would be the best route since it came with new UCA and i got it for CHEAP ($364). I am at the shop now we will see how they do.

That’s a great deal with UCA’s! Don’t forget pics. Good luck!

They fixed the alignment. They had it set for a crew cab... I have a double (extended) cab.

Tire still rubs (barely). The rim does not.

I used grease on the arm to prove it rubs. Where I am pointing in the picture is where it rubs on the tire.

Considering bora 3/8" hub centric spacers.

I have run non hub centric .25" spacers in the past when I was younger and didn't know any better and I had zero issues.

I really want to run 275 65 20 duratracs on the oem all terrains...

5f414eef04e5af6b6c637ac2eb34c972.jpg1fec143e2aeab4daaa3e4c0adaefdcb4.jpg

They fixed the alignment. They had it set for a crew cab... I have a double (extended) cab.

I used grease on the arm to prove it rubs. Where I am pointing in the picture is where it rubs on the tire.

I have run non hub centric .25" spacers in the past when I was younger and didn't know any better and I had zero issues.

As long as it’s a quality spacer that’s hub/lug centric you’ll be fine.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, acinquegrana said:

you are rubbing because of the offset of the wheel and the Readylift UCA. The UCA has a very prominent bend in the leading arm, exactly where the rub is .

I have the same set-up. I had the 285/45-22s from the factory (+24 offset wheels) and they rubbed. I welded on the lower steering stops from a Zone kit. Those limited steering just a bit, enough to eliminate rub. there was about 1/4" between the tire and control arm after. I figured with new wheels (less offset +18) and same width tire (285), I would clear just fine. well I was wrong. the new 285 is much wider than the factory, they rub good at full lock. I have wheel spacers (1/2") but I don't want to run them. I am not a fan. 

If you get the steering stops from a Zone kit (just call them and they will sell them to you), weld them on, you will clear the arms.

After studying pics of the Cognito control arms, and comparing them to the Readylifts, I am pretty sure the tires will clear. The Cognito leading arm has a much sharper, straighter angle to the ball joint. It is not rounded like the Readylift. The new arms will be here tomorrow, and I should have them installed by next week.

Edited by kylant
  • Like 1

I rub in the same spot as you are showing. 1.75 frt level on stock wheels. 275/60/20 duratracs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I rub in the same spot as you are showing. 1.75 frt level on stock wheels. 275/60/20 duratracs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That is upsetting... What is the offset on the 20s? +27mm or +31mm?