2014+ Leveling Kits

Well I finally got to a point in my schedule to take a picture of the rear blocks but I can’t get it to upload. No matter, they were used two inch blocks that were not tapered at all. I took them out and reinstalled the stock blocks for now. I have ordered the two inch blocks from RC and will install them as soon as I can. The vibration seems to be gone I believe. I haven’t really driven the truck much since I just did the swap today. I will post again later in the week to update. Thanks for all the helpful comments. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 11:16 AM, SSMUFF said:

Nice truck (twin).  You say you did the 2" up front only but in your signature you mention the 2.5.  Did you do the full RC 2.5 kit or did you do just the less expensive option and lift the front only? 

just the front only

Reporting back that after shocks settled I have a slight rub with 295/70r17 Toyo rt’s and method 17x8.5 with a 0 offset. Shocks were set for 2.5” of lift. The rub is very minor and only at full lock in either direction. The rub is only on the felt liner and could easily be fixed with zip ties.

af28e6ee642fc6b1c439383d8ae11023.jpg5ffae00762bc89203788f63ec3a5ba0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Firefuy476 said:

Ahh ok I gotcha but is it a better ride than spacers?

I found the quicklifts to be about the same as the spacers when I did the swap in my 2012. On my 2014 I went to bilstein and found the ride to be better. On the 2014 I did the bilstein 5100's set at 1.85" with a 1/4" spacer, and I found the ride to be pretty much the same as stock. 

Not doubting that but the CST coilovers cost 1200$ thats a little much

I know you’re not. You get what you pay for. You can get a set of Fox 2.0 setting to 2” max, approximately $900. Pop out your whole stock setup, put them in storage and enjoy your new Fox Coilovers. Bilstein adjustable front struts are the cheapest route but not as smooth as coilovers.

If you’re in a hurry and don’t want to save up then the Bilsteins is your comfortable cheapest route or save a few extra hundred and have the coilovers.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

For those that are tracking my vibration situation. The vibration didn’t go away after removing the rear blocks and restoring the rear to stock. I plan on removing the 2.5 inch kit from the front now to see if it returns to normal. If that doesn’t work then I will take it to the dealership that I bought the truck and hope whatever is wrong will be covered by warranty. My truck doesn’t even have 5 thousand miles yet. I am now sorry that I ever messed with it. Just wanted it to set level and be able to fit a little larger tire. 

6 hours ago, Slick66 said:

For those that are tracking my vibration situation. The vibration didn’t go away after removing the rear blocks and restoring the rear to stock. I plan on removing the 2.5 inch kit from the front now to see if it returns to normal. If that doesn’t work then I will take it to the dealership that I bought the truck and hope whatever is wrong will be covered by warranty. My truck doesn’t even have 5 thousand miles yet. I am now sorry that I ever messed with it. Just wanted it to set level and be able to fit a little larger tire. 

did you get a front end alignment when  you lifted it?

On 1/31/2019 at 10:57 PM, Slick66 said:

Yes I had the same shop that did the install do the alignment. 

When the shop did your leveling kit, did you have a 1" diff drop added as well? If not, the CV's are probably causing the vib. Simple install, takes about an 1.5hr my yourself and that well get you back close to factory angles while still maintaining the leveling kit. The diff drop spacer kits run about $40.  Just my 2 cents.