2014+ Leveling Kits

I'm no expert but I have owned several lifted and leveled trucks. That being said I just don't want to spread misinformation about what is "needed" or what is merely an opinion about ride quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Really don’t want to go any further with this but yes, ask a professional if coilovers are best ride available.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really don’t want to go any further with this but yes, ask a professional if coilovers are best ride available.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas!

I don't recall me saying anything about coilovers. We were discussing rear shocks and the fact that you "need" them for 1" of rear lift. Your opinion is that you hated the ride quality. My opinion is that there isn't enough difference in ride quality going up 1" in the rear to notice. Both are merely our differing opinions.

I don't recall me saying anything about coilovers. We were discussing rear shocks and the fact that you "need" them for 1" of rear lift. Your opinion is that you hated the ride quality. My opinion is that there isn't enough difference in ride quality going up 1" in the rear to notice. Both are merely our differing opinions.

Good luck with that bro, his opinions are facts it seems.

Anyway, there’s also the flip side of paying mass amounts of money for coil overs that will have the finished ruined after winters of salt and brine. That was one of my main concerns.

I think for most people the bilsteins up front to just level the truck are 100% the best choice, with absolutely no “need” to swap rear shocks until you look at a 3”+ block. They are about $200 for the pair and are a vast improvement over stock.

• Like 1

Good luck with that bro, his opinions are facts it seems.

Anyway, there’s also the flip side of paying mass amounts of money for coil overs that will have the finished ruined after winters of salt and brine. That was one of my main concerns.

I think for most people the bilsteins up front to just level the truck are 100% the best choice, with absolutely no “need” to swap rear shocks until you look at a 3”+ block. They are about $200 for the pair and are a vast improvement over stock.

My quotes are facts from experts not from do it yourself forum groupies. That being said, all metals corrode with salts and chemicals, best to buy what YOU can afford in order to get you the look until either you’re satisfied or can afford the best ride quality available.

Different quality for lifts as there are for leveling from all brands, some brands prefer to just make higher end than others that prefer to just give you the look. Perfect example would be that Fox bought BDS not because BDS was doing well but because they were not doing well and now BDS sells well because of Fox quality shocks.

Fact is you get what you pay for. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the best advise will be coming from an expert, one that’s got years of experience with an assortment of products. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

My quotes are facts from experts not from do it yourself forum groupies. That being said, all metals corrode with salts and chemicals, best to buy what YOU can afford in order to get you the look until either you’re satisfied or can afford the best ride quality available.

Different quality for lifts as there are for leveling from all brands, some brands prefer to just make higher end than others that prefer to just give you the look. Perfect example would be that Fox bought BDS not because BDS was doing well but because they were not doing well and now BDS sells well because of Fox quality shocks.

Fact is you get what you pay for. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the best advise will be coming from an expert, one that’s got years of experience with an assortment of products. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

So now we are all forum groupies lol? All BS aside you have a lot to learn, both about these trucks and other things as well. I hope you take the time to really listen to some advice from people here that have a lot more experience than you. Try to speak about coil-overs a little less, and listen a little bit more. Coil overs are nice, but they aren’t some new invention, they’ve been around for a long time lol.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on the fact that coilovers and a CST lift are the best you can buy. I think what people are trying to push is that every other post in this topic, along with a few others, are you saying "buy CST + coilovers otherwise your ride will be shit and not worth it", which is not the case for 90% of the people on this site.

We understand that you get what you pay for, but not everyone is willing to pay for it like you were.

Also wishing you happy holidays!

• Like 2

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on the fact that coilovers and a CST lift are the best you can buy. I think what people are trying to push is that every other post in this topic, along with a few others, are you saying "buy CST + coilovers otherwise your ride will be shit and not worth it", which is not the case for 90% of the people on this site.

We understand that you get what you pay for, but not everyone is willing to pay for it like you were.

Also wishing you happy holidays!

We’re all giving advice based on our experiences, you as well as many others may have not had the experiences that I including others have had but again, just giving personal experiences. Settling with something just states that someone is happy with what they’ve got, I personally do not want to own a lifted truck with a ride quality that I’ve settled for, I plan on keeping this truck for many years.
That being said, I personally Apologize if I’ve offended anyone but again, different strokes for different folks.

I like other opinions. I too plan on keeping my truck and firmly believe in doing things once. After working on cars (hobbyist) for many years have found that the aftermarket if full of crap products, that in many cases fall well behind OEM. There are some superior products that provide good value, but they are almost never cheap. 

I appreciate when a voice presents itself that reminds people that the trade offs of inferior products and budget mods just to compromise to get a certain "look" is not worth it.  Going to level my truck soon and throw on the largest tires I can & I'm not afraid to mod (cut and clearance). I want to hear people experiences as to what works best.  Just don't want an ill riding, poor handling truck. I want a better ride and increased stability along with the lift.

• Like 1

I like other opinions. I too plan on keeping my truck and firmly believe in doing things once. After working on cars (hobbyist) for many years have found that the aftermarket if full of crap products, that in many cases fall well behind OEM. There are some superior products that provide good value, but they are almost never cheap. 

I appreciate when a voice presents itself that reminds people that the trade offs of inferior products and budget mods just to compromise to get a certain "look" is not worth it.  Going to level my truck soon and throw on the largest tires I can & I'm not afraid to mod (cut and clearance). I want to hear people experiences as to what works best.  Just don't want an ill riding, poor handling truck. I want a better ride and increased stability along with the lift.

My experience with leveling: used front 2.25” spacers up front and added 1” on rear, UCA’s did not look to happy but it is what it is. Ride quality was rough even with brand new 5100’s front and rear. I’m sure the E rated tires didn’t help. My first leveled vehicle, needed to be able to get into my garage and still fit larger tires.

I started looking into coilovers in order to get a much better ride quality taking the place of the front strut setup. After lots of research and raving results I decided to go with the CST 4.5” lift, utilizing front CST coilovers and Rear Shocks. I chose CST Lifts due to their craftsmanship (compare welds to other lift brands) and excellent reviews from installers as well as customer feed back. Some of the highlights is that you don’t get that forced wider stance track which in my opinion looks silly and you even get to keep your existing wheels. The quality is second to non and have been around for a long time without being bought out by other companies. CST is 100% made in America and is all built in house with superior quality control, something others just tac-weld versus full exceptional welding with even reinforced gussets too, wow!

So far, blows away all lifted trucks I’ve owned and test driven, especially when leveled. I’d highly recommend if you’re interested in leveling to look at CST Coilovers, they level from 2”-3” but recommend leaving it at max 2.25” so you’re not needing a diff drop. I’ve encountered lots of people on these forums that claim it’s ok to level to 3”, BS! If you’re into quality and doing things right, checkout https://cstsuspension.com/

This pic is 2.25” leveled with 20x9 +1 offset. 285/60/20
341a10f5ac8e78d7c479544112a9e8ad.jpg

This is the 4.5” lift with same setup but with all the goodies
5cbefb2e8158a119a7e574238431a14d.jpg
5a15424d5279d767eb0f56424b33ce6a.jpg
b5f68dd37315ffb72716720153e5620d.jpg

The ride quality is outstanding and you can fit up to 35’s as stated on their website.

A buddy of mine went from 20x9’s to 20x10’s and went back to 20x9 as he did not like the look, feel at all and wasn’t practical.

This past weekend I decided to install Falcon's Sport leveling system and could not be happier.  Ride quality is greatly improved my truck no longer bounces down the road like a Cadillac.  
20181207_103145.thumb.jpg.8e4361da6a00373ec233f87ffb5de734.jpg

Is this your setup?
6b1638c1952b4205d057c586943848a9.jpg

Thinking about leveling with Kings. I prefer the look in the first picture. 2" in front and 1" blocks in the rear. Going to try 285/55r22 - with whatever trimming is necessary. maybe wheel spacers too. I know the internet will hate this idea, but from what I've seen this sort of combo looks incredible. 

Super nice looking truck, in both configurations. Like this look the best, not too lifted or extreme. Good Taste In execution IMHO.

I'll take a look at CST.

14 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

My experience with leveling: used front 2.25” spacers up front and added 1” on rear, UCA’s did not look to happy but it is what it is. Ride quality was rough even with brand new 5100’s front and rear. I’m sure the E rated tires didn’t help. My first leveled vehicle, needed to be able to get into my garage and still fit larger tires.

I started looking into coilovers in order to get a much better ride quality taking the place of the front strut setup. After lots of research and raving results I decided to go with the CST 4.5” lift, utilizing front CST coilovers and Rear Shocks. I chose CST Lifts due to their craftsmanship (compare welds to other lift brands) and excellent reviews from installers as well as customer feed back. Some of the highlights is that you don’t get that forced wider stance track which in my opinion looks silly and you even get to keep your existing wheels. The quality is second to non and have been around for a long time without being bought out by other companies. CST is 100% made in America and is all built in house with superior quality control, something others just tac-weld versus full exceptional welding with even reinforced gussets too, wow!

So far, blows away all lifted trucks I’ve owned and test driven, especially when leveled. I’d highly recommend if you’re interested in leveling to look at CST Coilovers, they level from 2”-3” but recommend leaving it at max 2.25” so you’re not needing a diff drop. I’ve encountered lots of people on these forums that claim it’s ok to level to 3”, BS! If you’re into quality and doing things right, checkout https://cstsuspension.com/

This pic is 2.25” leveled with 20x9 +1 offset. 285/60/20
341a10f5ac8e78d7c479544112a9e8ad.jpg

This is the 4.5” lift with same setup but with all the goodies
5cbefb2e8158a119a7e574238431a14d.jpg
5a15424d5279d767eb0f56424b33ce6a.jpg
b5f68dd37315ffb72716720153e5620d.jpg

The ride quality is outstanding and you can fit up to 35’s as stated on their website.

A buddy of mine went from 20x9’s to 20x10’s and went back to 20x9 as he did not like the look, feel at all and wasn’t practical.

Edited by kennerz
  • Like 1

Thinking about leveling with Kings. I prefer the look in the first picture. 2" in front and 1" blocks in the rear.

The stock block IS 1”, if you want to go an inch higher then you need to swap for 2” blocks